>gym is swarming with hot bitches
>I have also lost 57 pounds

Why do people hate crossfit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg
youtube.com/watch?v=_Hjeb1YCR3M
youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's not the traditional way to get fit and because a small minority of people who do crossfit won't shut up about it and brag so it's ruined it's reputation.

try gaining weight on crossfit and see how that works for you. if you want to be ottermode then it should be fine.

Because it's a clusterfuck and not efficient at building anything. Also has very high injury rates thanks to retarded standards of form.

Actually it's because crossfit puts emphasis on speed rather than controlled reps, more often than not leading to abysmal form. Also being the new fitness craze everyone and their mother is trying crossfit and fucking up on it.

Because Crossfit is trendy, hipster meme faggot shit. Ironically that type of training has been around for ages. We used to call it cross-training in the 80's.

t. guy who's older than you

crossfit can be anything from a super retarded cult to a solid bodyweight & HIT program

because it's popular, and Veeky Forums is contrarian

I honestly just hate it because of the memes. Is it actually good?

It's bad for newbies as form often gets neglected, or not taught at all

The community is pretty annoying

If your desire to actually get fit is socially motivated you may give up if you ever stop going

Even with proper form, high rep Olympic style lifts is pretty dangerous

Its for homos, and not the fun cheeky kind

Ottermode is god-tier

If it works do it. Nust dont come to the gym im at and take up three different stations and look suprised when you jog up to someone removing your weights.

See this is the shit I don't understand. While I do crossfit 4 days a week I also go to a "normal" gym and simply jog or do muscle specific lifts, nothing close to crossfit. I also call my crossfit gym a gym and not a box like most crossfit autist do.

All the coaches I've been with have been super knowledgeable and it's great to get pushed so hard when it's coming down to the wire and you've goto beat your buddy. Honestly, the worst I've been injured were my own fault. Also, most of the big dudes I know only do CrossFit and look great.

because it is pretty high risk for injury with all the explosive movements that people see in videos

Yeah maybe to healthy athletic chicks. You lift big and eat big to get big so you can get a T H I C C honey.

Holy fuck

Thicc is a euphemism for fat or soon to be fat by age 35

That's understandable but at the gym I go to they offer crossfit classes and if someone is new or has bad form one of the trainers will pull them out beforehand and correct them so they don't hurt themselves so I guess it just varies from gym to gym

This is also how my crossfit is. They are crazy picky about form.

Kipping pull-ups

The problem with crossfit is there is no quality assurance. 5000 USD every year is all that's needed for you to be able to use the name crossfit and a 2 day coaching course which is 1000 USD and you're a coach, even if you've never lifted anything before.
So it varies really heavily from gym to gym, pretty much every Olympic lifting record that is held by someone in my area is from one crossfit gym, every other gym gives people herniated discs for time.

Because lots of crossfitters are evangelists that never shut up about crossfit, and since you wouldn't know someone does it without them telling you, those are the people that come to mind when you talk about it in general.

It's like with vegans, that one guy that always rants about animal products ruins the image of those that don't.

except most crossfit instructors can't even do the movements themselves

You realize that's been reversed.

I did crossfit for a few months, imo it's fantastic cardio and the social atmosphere helps yu push yourself. The problem I see with it is the lack of proper safety measures, people shouldn't be doing cardio wth compound lifts, people shouldn't be pushed to the point of vomiting, people shouldn't be pushed to lift more than they can handle.

damn I'm stupid

Watch the 2 crossfit documentaries on youtube and you might have an idea.

One guy is explaining how crossfit is a cult and he's proud of being a part of it.

The rest is a bunch of people patting themselves on the back talking about how hard crossfit is while doing kipping pullups and other cheating shit.

I get triggered when I see people doing kipping pullups. Sometimes I'll go next to them and do real pullups nice and slow even if I'm not training pullups that day.

I meant netflix not youtube but they might be there also.

The one on netflix is called 'fittest on earth' if that doesn't give you any idea of how douchey and arrogant it is.

>be me
>chatting with friend of mine
>he charges 100+ a month for "coaching"
>he says that the lower back is the hardest part of the body to strengthen
>I say "why not good mornings"
>he says "what are those"
>mfw

It was shit back in 2011 when I did it, and it is shit still. Rebok is making a killing off of these assholes.

Just do strongman training

The one I go to is pretty much all classes. There's always an instructor helping everybody out, and they're always really good at the movements and explaining them.

youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg

It's also pricey as fuck. I understand that this isn't an issue for some people, though. You also need to find a gym with good instructors (how would you even know if you were a rank novice).

Man, you're retarded. Kipping pullups are necessary because CrossFit is a game. Regular pullups are as hard as you want them to be, so they're not good for a competitive game. You don't want to have to Nazi everybody's pullups for slight swinging so you just allow as much swinging as you want.

They're perfectly safe if you do them correctly, explosive, and a good stepping stone for people who can't pullup strict.

And you're a loser.

We do good mornings a lot at the CrossFit gym I go to.

Not that user but the majority of crossfitters don't compete. Meaning kipping just makes you a weak faggot.

The program is random, its not goal oriented, and they think they can just scale it for all levels without thinking of the different needs for different level lifters(Beginner, intermediate, advanced etc)

Then they do technical lifts for time. Beginners cant do the lifts well enough to do them to exhaustion. They wont be able to maintain decent form.

You will get the same results just faster and more efficient by doing a propper strength program cardio and some extra workout with focus on higher reps.

>and a good stepping stone for people who can't pullup strict.

No theyre not. Doing negatives is a good way of learning a pull-up. Kipping is a completely different lift, and is not as good as a normal pull-up to build muscle and strength.

You basically use the legs to the extent were the upper body does a lot less, changes the movement pattern and path. Then you claim its good to learn a lift that would be completely different?

Huh so it's true, crossfiters are indeed low test faggotos

the whole idea of doing complex weightlifting movements for time is bad for you, aside from that and some retarded excercises crossfiters come up with its fine, a lot depends on your particular gym, if you've got good trainers then crossfit can be a decent way to get fit, if you've got retards then well its everything Veeky Forums says it is

and to illustrate my point further, youtube 'crossfit fail' and you'll get pages full of vids of some of the most dangerous and retarded excercises known to man

you just stated the problem with crossfit. It is not training, it is a game. You work towards no specific goals in a crossfit program and simply try to gas yourself out as quickly as possible with no regard to long term (or even short term, compared to real lifting) effect. Anyone can tire someone out, it takes knowledge to actually get someone strong or ripped as fuark

Because most crossfitters alternate between exercises too much so that:

- they never learn to do any exercise properly --> snapcity
- they progress slowly or not at all once beyond novice gain
- they have stupid words like "box" for gym
- they think their shit is superior and don't shut up about it

there's nothing all that wrong with it but places that run it as a business will treat training like business. my gym ran a crossfit course separate to the gym and MMA there, where you got taught lifts for a month or two then started working them into training because noone there in good conscience could tell some sedentary housewife to do a powerclean and have her do it even remotely correctly/safely. it went okay but the plebs who signed up untrained mostly went elsewhere because even though they were doing as much training, they weren't doing "cool" movements they had no strenght, coordination or detexerity to perform.

tl;dr: pick a good crossfit gym and it's fine

And this is all completely disregarding the astronomical injury rate over time caused by Down's syndrome programming of very complex movements as well as abysmal form, which, although this may not be true for all cf gyms, is the norm within the methodology. Like kipping pullups, many excercises are either neutered to allow for more people to do them/more reps, or extensions of already complete movements that serve no purpose and actively lead to injuries, as in the overhand 2h kb swing, which is a crossfit bastard child.

how much do you OHP/bench/squat/deadlift?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Hjeb1YCR3M

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
dom explains quite well

main reason is that it's branded as new age bullshit, it's better than everything that has ever been done before so they try very hard to look hard by using cheat weights and doing more and more retarded exercises just to prove how hard core and "/FIT AND HEALTHY/" they are which really just shits everything up.

it should even be a separate branch or anything of weightlifting, it is tho because some people get a shitload of money from selling specialized training and merchandise by branding it like that

It's just physical activity, not training.

This is gnarly, however I wonder if it's possible to do this movement with good form? I just hate training kyphotic posture, but I'll give it a shot.

Do this rollup to zercher lift, bring it back down and rollout. One rep. So that 5 times with 405 lol

Jesus Christ...

>Not vomiting after every workout.

Never gonna make it.

Holy fucking wrong. Kipping pull ups is never acceptable. You are literally better off going on a walk or something

>2:20
>that limping dog

Crossfit is normally done by dumb cunts. If you take out the better parts of crossfit, you're basically left with bodyweight and olympic lifts. So you might as well save your money and do those instead.

>Not doing Clean and Jerk and Snatch only

Pleb

Rippetoe identified the problem years ago:

Crossfit isn't training.

Crossfit is "performance" oriented.

For example:

Training - I'm a weak person who wants to do pull-ups, so I will make a plan to systematically stress my body every other day using negatives and Lat pulldowns. I will concentrate on form and increase the Lat Pulldown resistance a manageable linear increments.

Crossfit - I'm a weak person who wants to do pull-ups, so I'll use kipping pull-ups to get my reps in and this will somehow turn into real pull-ups in the long run.

>girls probably can't deadlift their bodyweight

>let's teach them the continental clean!

Man Crossfit is dumb. Snapcity.

To be fair at my crossfit basically everyone will start off with strict pull-ups. We then switch to kipping once we get tired. I mean expecting 70 strict pull-ups is unrealistic for 99.9% of people.

Bad crossfit is bad
Bad traditional lifting is bad

Good traditional lifting is better than good crossfit.