QTDDTOT

Couldn't find one edn.
Is losing 2kg a month a good rate for weight loss when cutting? I'm going down from 15-10% bf over the next 5 months.

No one?

aim for 1kg per week

2kg/month is recommended by doctors and nutrition experts so it's conservative as fuck. Aim for 4kg/month.

Returning to the gym after a few months off, kept up good diet and used the time off to finish off the cut i started so getting back into it am able to bulk properly. Before leaving i ran SS for about 5 months, but getting back into it i want to have more of a focus on aesthetics without giving up strength so was wondering if running the SS variation in the pic, but on weeks where i do two days of the same exercises E.g Week A - 2 bench press days i use dumbbells and do 3x10 then on the week where i only do one day of the exercise using a barbell and only doing 3x5 (Also progressively overloading every second week as long as possible) would be a good idea or would i just be gimping both strength and size doing this? Also if so are there any good powerbuilding routines out there?

Is this safe in terms of preserving muscle? Compared to 2kg a month

recent research shows you can drop 4kg a month, if you maintain a very high protein intake.

I think they were talking above 220g a day.

I'll try to find it

Thanks. I weigh 145 pounds. But I aim to get only 110-120g a day of protein. This okay? Would I have to go higher? At 4kg a month I could get to 10% bf pronto and finally start lean bulking

Are people on Veeky Forums dumber than the average 4channer? How can you not find the two other QTDDTOT threads that are up already? Just click Catalog and Ctrl + F for QTDDTOT. Or click this link:

QTDDTOT

Whats the best way/plan to lower body fat without necessarily trying to lose any more weight in general?

I think you're talking about a body recomposition. Where you eat at maintenance and lift. Try to search body recomposition I'm not fully sure

Bump

I did like 3.5kg for a month on IF. You gotta fuck up really really hard on your diet to cut muscles away.

I have the link saved somewhere, but I couldn't quite find it.

But no. I clearly remember, 120g protein a day was not enough to preserve muscle if you go for 4kg a month.

Either eat double that amount of protein or go for 2kg a month.

I have sick shoulder flexibility when stretching but it seems for some reason I'm not able to power clean
think it's the catching part where you throw your elbows forward

what do

Thermogenics work for cutting? I was thinking in using Oxyelite pro.

I lost 31lbs so far with cutting+exercises and I still have 13lbs to go.

Would using it speed up, or it's just waste my money? Or should I use Yohimbine instead?

Unfortunately I can't ECA stack in my country.

girl invited me to a party, we need to go as super-heroes.

any costumes idea? something that isn't too show off but that also lets me show I pack some muscles

BANE

Veeky Forums how the hell do you eat help protein? It doesn't mix well with any of the milks (almond, coconut, dairy) I use.

kek

I'm near the end of my cut so despite almost shredded I don't look "full" without a pump

Ah okay. Thanks guys. I might just aim for the middle ground then: 3kg a month at 110-120g protein

figured i might as well ask here too

will losing weight help my facial hair grow? i heard body fat fucks with your hormone production

otherwise...is there any way i can grow better beards/mustaches? makes me self-conscious but i don't like shaving it all off. I just want a decent mustache

I basically eat daily minus a day or another stuff like broccoli, garlic, onion, all kinds of fish(frozen or fresh, depends if I'm bored to shop), carrots, sweet red peppers and oats

is this in any way bad?
any other foods to eat daily? I also eat other greens but mostly broccoli, I just put them in a pan with some water, cover it and in a few mins its done

How should I lower my body fat and build muscle?
103.3kg/227lbs, 195.5cm/6'5

1xf read the sticky

How do this many people come on here every day, post pictures of their fat bodies, then say pls fix when they don't even have enough sense or dedication to read the sticky and learn about anything.

caloric deficit + lifting = lose bf% and build muscle same time because u are beginner.

Is squatting with toes pointing forward better? Squatting right now like that because my adductors ache and I can easily lift more weight

Lmao 5 months for 5% you're a noob. Cutting 5% takes 2 months max. Noob . HAHAHAHAHAH

I've noticed my gf has slight roundedness her back and has the weight a bit too forward while squatting. What cues besides git gud faggot can I give her to help her fix those issues?

Just want to minimise muscle loss. But I've decided to go with losing 3kg max per month

Taking a day off from eating those every one or two weeks won't kill you

Just go with water then user.

Are lunges any good at building muscle or are they just like the ab wheel of leg exercises

Mustaches are fucking gay.
Just trim to show you have facial hair but hide the patches

Try going to a gym and not to worry about it for the first 8months

what do you guys think about creatine? I don't eat any red meats so would it be worth supplementing?

"5 grams of creatine monohydrate every day for the rest of your life"
- Mark Rippetoe

no moustache is alpha as fuck if you have a good jaw and a decent amount of muscle.
If you're a skinny twink with no chin, then it's gay.

rate my routine:
>Monday:
Power Clean 5x3
Squat 531
Deadlift 5x5
>Tuesday
OHP 531
Bench 5x8
Row 5x8
>Thursday
Power Clean 5x3
Deadlift 531
Squat 5x8
>Friday
Bench 531
OHP 5x8
Row 5x8

Plus every day:
5x10-20 of each:
>Pushups
>Pullups
>Abs
>Obliques
>Back Extensions
>Calves

>Plus every day:
As in every single day or every training day?

training day

Still loads of volume

You handling it alright? 5 sets for everything seem a bit excessive

So I've recently been able to better use hip drive during squats which helped me tremendously. I still struggle a bit going past parallel but then I really manage to explode up. What I've noticed though is that when locking out the bar actually bounces quite heavily, sometimes almost making a little 'jump'. Something I should take care of or nothing to worry about?

Poorfag/shyfag, can't gym at the moment. I've got dumbells and 120 lbs of plates for them, currently doing 2 days of heavy with 60 on each and 1 day of light with 40 on each, what exercises could I add to balance my shit out?

Heavy:
Deadlift
Renegade row + push up (gayest name ever, brother told me to do it)
squats (at chest level)
floor press
shrug
OHP

Light:
powerclean
walking lunge
hammer curl
bent row
curl + arnold press

Also running and doing body weight stuff on days in between.

Other skellyfags trying to put on weight while training on a busy schedule ?

I got work and shit to do and I find myself very hungry after eating like 3 hours prior.
>eat before leaving work until I'm full
>hungry as fuck by lunchbreak at work at around 12
>by the time I leave home at 4 I'm starving
>freezing because I'm skinny and have no food in my stomach even though its like 5 degrees outside
>feel slightly feverish for the rest of the day, unless I eat something when I get home, take a one hour nap, eat pre-workout oatmeal then go to the gym

can anyone relate? This is so fucking annoying, I feel like a bird

so far.
Sometimes I'm dropping a set or two, but overall the bodyweight stuff isn't very taxing. I'm doing *comfortable" sets, i.e. not going to failure.
And with regular deloads following the 531 system I should be able to recover.
I'm also sleeping and eating a lot.
basically my question is how much do "light" bodyweight exercises play into the total workload? 5x5 bench@70% is obviously a different story than 5x20 pushups (which is probably sub-50%)

eat more fiber, eat between breaskfast/lunch and between lunch/dinner

beginners don't really build muscle. at least not for the first month or two

I know both are inferior to regular barbell squats but:

1: can leg press or dumbbell squats still build decent muscle? Enough for aesthetics

2. Is leg press machine a better alternative to dumbbell squats?

Can't do regular BB squats for reasons I won't say. Pls no bully. Just ans qs pls

1. yes
2. no, you should be doing both and they still wont be a proper replacement for doing a legitimate bb squat.

If you do not have medical issues keeping you from doing a BB squat you should really do them

Wait, are you the guy that got strangled by a guy with a barbell for an arm as a kid?

Who makes good quality skinny jeans? Anything under $150 is my pricerange. I like my levis 511s, but they've turned into jeggings from front squats and deadlifts

What do you think of making the OHP the main press movement instead of the Bench Press, in the Canditou LP/hypertrophy?
It goes like this:

Monday
>Squat - 3x6
>Deadlift - 2x6
>SLDL - 3x8-12
>Calf Raises - 5x15

Tuesday
>OHP - 3x6
>Dumbbel Row - 3x5
>Bench Press - 1x6
>Pulldown - 1x6
>Face Pulls - 4x12
>Curls - 3x12

Wednesday
>Squat - 5x8
>SLDL - 3x8
>Hamstring Curls - 3x12
>Calf Raises - 5x15

Friday
>OHP -4x8
>DB Row - 4x8
>InclineChestPress -4x8
>Pulldown-4x8
>Bench Press -3x10
>Curls -3x12
Lateral Raises -4x812
Triceps Pushdown4x812

I'd recommend buying a pair of nice 513s or something that fits the thigh well and then get them tapered at a local tailor. I could never find the perfect fit, so now I just find a nice quality material, good thigh fit, and then get them tapered for $12 at a local shop. It's gonna be different from place to place, but my guy does a bang up job for the price.

Will squats, dealifts ect strengthen my knees, i sometimes get a bit of knee pain, or will it just make this worse?

what lift/routine will make me less of a pu55y?

Dang man, $12 is bad at all. I never tried 513s and will look them up :^)

that's a good idea

how do i crack my entire back?
I've done that situp thing where you drop down
I've hung from a bar.
I've leaned back as far as i can
I've done all the twisting shit
I need someone to like pull my body so my back cracks, i cant seem to crack the one tight part

I'm headed off to MEPS in about a week. I went to the recruiter today to weigh in and I'm about a pound over the limit. Is there anything I can do to lose those on top of the general exercise and diet that I already have? Gratuitous amounts of exercise, radically restricted calories, any thing like that, or would that just be harmful? It's just for a few days and it's just a pound or two.

Can I squat and DL in the morning, and do the rest of this workout in the afternoon?

On 531 BBB, should I be doing the same exercise as the main lift for 5x10 assistance, or the other lift for the same body region?

In other words; on OHP day do I do more OHP or do I do bench. And on squat day do I do more squats or do I deadlift?

do a 1000 cal deficit, s p e e d

this

perfectly safe, losing muscle on a cut is massively overrated

your lifts will go down a bit but nothing major should go wrong

Does V help with a limp nervous-dick?

I don't know, but with every girl that i date my dick doesn't go hard when it first comes to sex.
I don't feel nervous, but the situation just feels so surreal to me at the moment, i think the nervousness is subconscious. I cant really enjoy the moment at first.
Usually works on second / third try then.

So, would V help here? If i'd pop it, say, 30 min before or what? Or is that not how it works?

Why in the absolute fuck would you ever do all of that in one workout

Even the most ridiculous of hypertrophy programs don't have you doing that many movements in one session

Guess ill post here for a hand.

Im losing weight consistently but some days through no fault but my own Ill only eat say 1100 instead of 1500. Will that hinder my progress eventually or am I ok to have small blips occasionally? My average day looks like this.

Breakfast;
Branflakes with banana

Snack;
Apple and orange (normally 2 pieces of fruit)

Lunch;
Tin of tuna with head of lettuce (small iceburg)
Quarter of a cucumber
Fruit

Dinner;
Varies but ill use tonights tea for example;
Turkey meatballs with bulgar wheat, probably some spinach with it.

Im only drinking water or tea/coffee and have lost 8 pounds since jan 9th, im also walking for around 15 mins a day plus doing some dumbell exercises on a 3 day split.

I think my knees are busted. Every time I get back into the gym and do squats I start to experience pain and discomfort once I get to lmao1plate (yeah im weak).

I don't have this issue with deadlifts, nothing ever bothers me. Don't quite get that but whatever. How fucked am I for not doing squats but only deadlifts for lower body.

SHOO ALEX SHOO!!!!!!!!

Lost quite a bit of weight and I like my jawline so I'm keeping the staché, just need to find a decent masculine haircut to accompany it. Was trying to shoot for pic related but long hair is a bit of a hassle to take care of and I'm not sure my straight hair can pull it off right

user please. If it hurts something is wrong and you shouldn't keep squatting. Give it a week or two of rest and if it persists you either give it a month or see a doctor/physical therapist. Injuries happen at all weights.

Or if you refuse to see a professional, you gotta be a bit more specific with the pain.

Do you have a foam roller? I've started using mine to crack my back when I need it and it's working wonders. Can get damn near every vertebrae

Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. Just get a bomber jacket and a green ring and say you're off duty.

The pain goes away but comes back when I squat again for a while and usually around me getting back to 1 plate, so resting doesn't seem to solve the overall issue.

Maybe pain is too much, I think the best description is they feel weak and sluggish, maybe feel a bit numb. Like if you really bump into something and everything feels off after it.

Good idea, I even enjoyed the movie with gosling( or is it reynolds?)

I also though about clark kent, I even got that underarmour superman compression shirt coming through mail

also duffman, no idea how no one uses that guy. Too bad I cant even tailor my pants let alone do a costume

Why is 90% of Veeky Forums doing fullbody shit? Any bros out here with some good bodypart-splits, 4-5 days a week?

What kind of roller do you use? Smooth or other ones?

Just a basic smooth one I picked up for like $15-20 bucks at my local sporting goods store. All of the fancier ones were >$35

Becuase 90% of fit are beginners. Beginners make rapid progress on routines that smash upper and lowerbody simultaneously.

SOMEONE ANSWER ME

Fullbody > Upper/Lower > PPL > Bodypart split

I guess that splits it up but "when should" you switch to what? Obviously there's no answer to this but man I genuinely enjoy splits and I make gains while doing them, but people shit on me for it

Beginner here. I have low bf% that I kind of want to keep (around ~13%) but I'm at 145lbs. Will I make proper gains without reaching a higher level of bf% with a low carb based diet but high in proteins/fats? Or should I just dirty bulk to make sure I get gains until like 165lbs then cut?

No dude your're good. You won't lose any considerable muscle going a couple calories under your goal calories. If fact it'll probably just speed up the weight loss. Good job keep it up. Stick to meats, fruits and veggies.

"I'm losing weight by eating less and some days I eat less than the amount that's already less than what I ate before, will this cause my progress in losing weight to be hindered?"

You're fine, dude

If im sick with a chest cough and possibly a headcold, should I down tylenol sinus and mucinex to workout tomorrow or should I rest until better? Also, if I do go, should I take it easier or continue on LP training?

A good chunk of Veeky Forums got started on squats/dead/bench and therefore endorse the fuck out of them.

Whenever a linear program stops giving linear progress is a good time to consider switching. What to depends on your goals.

A bodypart split, if you mean arms/legs/shoulders/chest/back or something like that is generally more suited for advanced bodybuilders. But I really don't want to tell you too much right now user because this isn't my area of expertise. I'm more into powerlifting style of training therefore that's the shit I'm familiar with.

Yeah I'm doing Back Traps / Chest Triceps / rest / Legs / Shoulders Biceps / rest / rest or repat.

Sometimes do the one you mentioned. Even though it's advanced I feel like I'll probably make more gains doing something sub-optimal and killing it rather than doing something "optional" and half assing it.

Is it normal to feel some upper back when doing RDL or am I doing it wrong?

Still feel it in hamstrings, but also in upper back and both were sore the next day. I mean it still has deadlift in the name, but most everything I read said it should be a hip/hammy dominate exercise.

You're usually better off doing something you're motivated to do and enjoy.

Is my routine ok to build muscle its essentially SL but with a couple accessory excercises.

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

A
Squat 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Barbell row 4x8
Pullups 5x5
Dips 3x12
Skullcrushers 3x12
Barbell curl 4x10
Dumbell curl 3x12

B
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 5x5
Pullups 5x5
Dips 3x12
Skullcrushers 4x10
Barbell curl 4x10
Dumbell curl 3x12

What do you do as a lifter when you get too old to lift?

That's excessive amounts of arm work. The creator recommends you do EITHER dips or pullups after the main work. After that you could do isolation for the arm muscle that targets the same area as pullups/dips whichever you did.

Barbell curls into dumbell curls is a waste of time if you're enough of a beginner to be on SL5x5.

5x5 pullups isn't gonna work too well unless you've got a weight belt. And if you've got that they're a bit heavy to do after rows. Could consider 3x8/12 like dips, for hypertrophy.

You should consider something more like
A
Squat 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Barbell row 4x8
Dips 3x12
Skullcrushers 3x12

B
Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pullups 3x8
Dumbell/Barbell curl 3x12

If you're gonna disregard my advice the least you can do is fix the order on workout B. Don't do deadlifts right after squats. Medhi put OHP between squats and deadlifts for a reason. Gives your leg and back enough of a rest to not severely sandbag your deadlifts.

When you put it like that...

Yeah im a proper brainlet when it comes to personal health I thought it might make my body think I was struggling to find food and preserve my fat. Sorry if that seems braindead.

Should I cut or bulk?

Fair advice user I will try the amended routine you provided for a few weeks and see if i feel improvement. I'll change up the reps sets of pullups and dips. One issue im having is my strength is good but my arms dont seem to grow hence why i had alot of bicep and tricep work in addition.

I have had relative success with the routine i was using before but i would burn out near the end of the workout on doing arm work so this change could potentially allow me to put in more effort over a shorter period of time. Thanks for the advice user.

whats the closest way to find your true bf%?
got some clips but cant use them for hsit

I have small moobs thanks to raised prolactin levels as a side of my medication.
Will this affect my physique much? Will developing my pecs make it less noticable?

Lift weights.