Olímpic weightlifting vs powerlifting which should i choose...

Olímpic weightlifting vs powerlifting which should i choose? Keep im mind i dont Care for aesthetics and I want to do gymnastics too.

oly lifting will give you more explosive power which will translate better for gymnastics.

Do Gymnastics?

What kind of a question is this

powerlifting gives much better return based on time invested. oly lifting takes a ton of time if you want to do it properly.

the real answer would be to do general strength training like rip teaches. powerlifting is very focused on lifting as much weight as possible in the competitive exercises

What kind of stupid question is that?

>guys should i play basketball or football? Keep in mind i wanna windsurf too

This picture makes my penis really hard!

>explosive power

OP here I want to do something with my bodyweight and I think the best is gymnastics but I alsó want to do something with weights but I dont know which os better.

Powerlifting. Oly if you're willing to roid.

Powerlifting.
Definitely powerlifting.

You'd be surprised at how much it improves your flips. Strong hips help with landing as well

Keep the assistance to minimum

T.olympian gymnast

What did she put in her hair to make it hold up her weight like that?

1. what's it like being 5'1"

2. is gabby douglas tight

I Heard thar olímpic weightlifting gives you Power and powerlifting gives you strenght, what Veeky Forums thinks About this?

And fit opinion on strongman?

Oly lifting will also require more flexibility and mobility than powerlifting.

A ton more. Might help but honestly just get a standard strength base and move on to bodyweight stuff.

Get a paralette bar.

I dont want to Focus on gymnastics I want to Focus on both equally, alsó I heard that oly lifters can jump really high

You can't get this big without vascularity

I'm actually 5 ft 4.
My bf is 5 ft 10. Not all gymnasts are super short lol

fag

if you are an Olympian wtf went wrong in your life that you are now on Veeky Forums?

Pretty much this. I just got done with my Olympic lifting routine and I'm going back to powerlifting.

Olympic lifting really is the most intensive set of exercises there is. Doesn't make you as sore as powerlifting, but there's just something about it that stopped me from going forward

General weight lifting.
Powerlifting is about the heaviest weight no matter how bad the form and will have diminishing returns and brick wall you'll never overcome as a natural.
Same for olympic lifting.

Get into general physical culture. That includes gymnastics olympic lifting ghetto workouts power lifting strong man and general athleticism.

Unless you're trying to compete, I would do them both. If you're at an appropriate gym, just lift some heavy weights and throw some front squats, clean & jerks, and snatches in there - at the start of your workout. If you do gymnastics, the flexibility shouldn't be an issue.