>PTSD
>severe anxiety, insomnia and paranoia
>therapy and meds don't work
>try meditation and mindfulness techniques
>results after a week
>achieve calmness
>I am the water.jpeg
>I am of love and kindness

Why didn't anyone tell me about this? I have wasted so much time.

Do you meditate? What are your experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tried it for 4 days focus and anexity finishes

which technique did you use?

Vipassana. Honestly I'm not sure about the differences, it was just the first i came across.

Find the love of a good woman.

People don't know that theyre brain is overstimulated and that they overthink everything. bombarded with information 24/7. meditation fixes this

meditation is goat for mental health and will power

I can't meditate
Everytime I do I get the feelings like I'm being cut by a thousand razors all over my skin

>Brain is overstimulated
Nah

Fight through the razorstorm, let yourself cry if tears come, and find peace on the other side. The worst thing you can do is to avoid the barrier.

Where did you learn it?
How should one start ?

thats the best part. there isn't any real guide to it.
>sit down
>keep posture right
>close eyes
>for calming focus your thoughts completely on your breathing, slow in slow out
>or let your mind run around and observe where it wanders to
i prefer the breathing focus but there's no right or wrong way to meditate. it's all about focusing the mind on itself, like a diagnostic

I guess I can try again, but I've been doing it for a month when I used to, and it never got better

yah

I spend my days alone, mostly staring at a monitor there is no overstimulation

Go the fuck back to if you want to whine about your mental illnesses.

It will get better, user

what a kind soul

>Get into meditating
>It actually works great, feel calm and collected after doing it
>Now I've been doing it 2xeveryday for a month and it no longer ha any effect, I just get bored and can't focus

I like the Ujjayi Breath.
Pranayama is the shit.

what do i do?
for how long?
how many times?
where can i find info?

can some1 be clear? all i usually get from meditatefags is the most vague awnser possible

i did it 4 a year daily... i m a hippie fuck... nice times BUT the thing gets a bit boring 2 do daily

good vidya/film offers mindlessness

So that's just it. Close your eyes, breathe and think.

For how long do you usually do it ? How often ? Any other tips ?

Do for about 30-60 minutes to start with. See how it works for you, and see if you want to do it shorter or longer.

yes.
>staring at a monitor
>no overstimulation
pick one

Sit in a cross-legged position with a straight spine in a comfortable and quiet place.

Breath only through your nose. Focus on your breath coming and going from your nostrils. Breath deep into your abdomen, stay relaxed.

Every time your mind wanders, bring it back to your breath. 11 minutes is the minimum time to get any real benefit. 31 minutes or longer is best.

This is just one of countless meditation methods.

Aware me on beginner's meditation program. Starting Serenity or something.

I'm doing the basic "sit and focus on breath for 10 minutes" as babby practice, but I want more.

Meditation has helped me a lot too. I suffered from muscle twitching from stress. Some nights I would wake up screaming and digging my nails into my head (night terrors). All related to stress and anxiety apparently. Meditation stopped all of it, it was like night and day.

>babby

Having the exact same problems, going to try this I guess and hope it works. Thanks for the idea.

thanks guys, will give this a shot this week

This, it helps at first but the benefits are diminishing once you do it enough, then it gets boring

no they are not diminished.

So lying on my back is not good enough? Asking because I can still go deep into trance in that position.

Wew lad

I need to get back to it.

If it works for you, go for it. The key is to find a position that allows you to remove distractions.

that gives you a srs tendency to confuse meditation with sleep haha. i'm sure you can get very relaxed in that position but you only want to be physically relaxed, mentally fuly alert

Where?

Because the West loses money from this.

youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
I started with this video here. Very simple!

I got into this by reading and listening audiobook materials from Eckhart Tolle, that man is magnificent and his works changed my life very deeply. I can recommend it for anyone

meditation is for faggots

Wow you must be an amazing person successful selfmade and all that

nah it's for mature grown up people

Start today

There are none anymore, feminism destroyed the notion of a good woman.

>love to meditate but my hips/legs aren't flexible enough so my sore legs end up being really distracting.

any stretching tips?

tianeptine sulfate

I use my 3 mile walk with my dog through the woods as mediation

>good
>woman

pick one

agreed

how has meditation helped you guys with your anxiety?
I've been working retail for two years, and have not noticed any improvements with my social anxiety. I'm up to the point where I get embarrassed if I mess up my words, or feel like crying if I get in trouble.

>good vidya/film offers mindlessness

This.

People overlook the point of mindfulness. Meditating isn't all about sitting cross legged and focusing on breath to create mindfulness. You're suppose to take that mindfulness with you.

When listening to music, playing video games, chores, reading, anything and everything.

Full of mind in whatever you do.

das it mang

Sounds fun.

It is

QT SOUTH AMERICA MENNONITE TEEN GIRL

Meditation is actually good and good for you, but this thread is filled with insufferable faggots that remind me why I keep it to myself.

fuck you

When you get really good at it, you should combine it with a moderate dose of mdma and cure your entire problem in one sitting.

Good luck and keep doing what you do.

Meditation is not a meme, and neither is low doses of psychedelics. Both have completely transformed my mental state and life in general.

I'm happy for you!

MDMA is now beeing researched as a means to cure PTSD, and I hope this will open up for other psychedelics as well.

It helped me a lot. I had strong social anxiety and selective mutism before I started. It's almost completely gone now.