Hey Veeky Forums, how long did it take you to get to 1/2/3/4?

Hey Veeky Forums, how long did it take you to get to 1/2/3/4?

about 2 months

about 2 years

About 2 decades

About 2 centuries

>leg press
you're squatting about 1.5 plate buddy
machine is holding it all for you

About 2 days

about 2 minutes

About 2 seconds

About tree-fiddy

ohp about 2 months
bench about 3 months
squat took me forever. Plateau at 2.5pl8 for more than half a year, so about one year for 3pl8.
dl about 4 months

about 2

Already did squats. This definitely isn't just 1.5 plates but I understand this isn't nearly as hard as actual squats

I don't deadlift, but 1/2/3 took me about 3 and a half months.

About 2 weeks

Can someone explain to me what 1/2/3/4 is? Google is giving me mixed results.

Have to go with this. Is this your 1 rep max, or your working weight?

1 pl8 ohp, 2 pl8s bench, 3 pl8s squats, 4 pl8s dl

You ruined it

Is that a lot of weight for each one? Why does this seem to be everyone's goal?

So I hit 1pl8 ohp before 2pl8 bench. And 4pl8 deadlift before 3pl8 squat. Is this normal?

All of them are about the start of being noticeably strong. Nothing competition worthy (unless you're female) but stronger than 70% of the population.

I haven't hit it yet (been hittin the gym almost 3 months, could only lift about 105 to start) but when I get to this point I would consider myself actually strong

see

more like stronger than 98% of the population. Do you really think ~1 billion people can deadlift 4 plates?

And like this guy said Is it meant to be your one rep max or your working weight?

And thanks for the help.

Usually they mean max
gym population I meant

Pretty sure max. Correct me if I'm wrong

went from 70kg 1x max bench press/mbp to 105 2x mbp in one month, but seriously hurt myself, from then on i have high blood pressure problems

I guess it's a working weight.

I'm still not there :^(

Why did this just end up being supreme motivation?
I'm trying to be stronger than 98% of the population of the world.

I won't be the BEST but I sure as hell can be stronger than everyone else.

>Stalling is starting to become the norm
>Still weak as fuck
>On track to add 2 lbs per week to my upper body lifts
>Tfw it'll take me like 3 more months to increase my OHP by 25 lbs
>Tfw I probably won't reach 2 pl8 bench for like 8 more months

>babbbby linear gains
they won't last forever. After the genetic/lifestyle wall is hit to keep going up you have to live for it / cheat for it (and in most cases do both)

2 months for 5rm OHP
3 months for 3rm bench
2 months for 5rm squat

The same day I squatted 3pl8 for 5 I decided to try deadlifting 4pl8 just because
(hadn't done any deadlifts before because I was scared of them) and pulled 405 for 3 on my first try.
Form was shit, tho.

natty life

For reps

I did 1 in my first day
It took my about 6 months or so for 2
It took me about 11 months for 3. 12 months to the day almost for more reps.
No 4, deadlifts scare the fuck out of me and I'm terrified to push myself

I don't squat much (not by choice). Last time I squatted before 3 plates I was at like 235 highbar. Did a bunch of hexbar deads and bulgarian splits and came back with 3 plates a couple months later.

About a month deep and halfway to all of them; only one that is far off is deadlift, which is lower than my squat thanks to shitty grip strength

It's one rep max.

The vast majority of benchmarks in lifting are measured by one rep maxes, because it's much easier to compare, and it's also how competitions are judged (your one rep max of clean & jerk for weightlifting, your one rep max of squat for powerlifting, etc).

>No 4, deadlifts scare the fuck out of me and I'm terrified to push myself
It's not an unreasonable fear. I do sets of five at 405 now (no belt/straps) and quite frankly if I don't concentrate on keeping form, there has been the occasional strain (i.e. a small trip to snap city) over the past two years. I just had one actually because my mind was just not in the game. Took a week to recover, which doesn't sound like much, but still, if I just wasn't being dumb it wouldn't have happened.

this fampai

In order to get to 3pl8 squat, is it better to squat 3times/week 3x5 or 5x5 ?