Is it ok to use the smith machine instead of a barbell for most of my workouts...

is it ok to use the smith machine instead of a barbell for most of my workouts? im a girl so its not like im going to be lifting heavy.

going to stop you right there before you waste your time. whats your goal?

>i just want to tone up

then lift heavy

>i dont want to get too bulky

you wont

>i just want to do lots of light weights

you are wasting your time, you might as well just diet without going to the gym

Lift weights, stop bitching.

smith machines are good if you are just starting out.

literally not true

i want to be thicc but not high body fat like my original posts pic

Worst advice ever, kys.

have fun starting over with the bar when you transition to the barbell

i will tell you how to do this. do SS, then cut. unfortunately there will be a period of many months where you will just look fat without being THICC. its your choice

what about upper 1x and lower 2x a week?

almost anything will work, as long as you understand the basic rules:

to get THICC like pic related, you must lift and get FAT, then you diet while still lifting to remove the FAT and keep the muscle, hence becoming THICC.

>why cant i just lift without purposely getting fat?

Because it will take literally 10x longer

the other thing you must realise is that you must lift HYPERTROPHY for the muscle to grow. this means 8 - 12 reps, ideally you shouldnt be able to do a 13th one by the time youre finished your set. if you still can then youre just fooling yourself and wasting your time at the gym - your body will not grow any muscle if you're staying with weights that are light to you.

at the end of the day if you are going from skinny white girl to THICC, you need to lift HEAVY, get FAT, then CUT

You are gonna hear a lot of people tell you that you can't build muscle and burn fat at the same time, but you can if you are new to lifting. "Bulking and cutting" is diet technique that you don't have to do for at least a year. Just eat a caloric deficit and get enough protein.

Upper body once a week and lower body twice a week really isn't enough frequency. Hit your upper body twice a week and lower body three times.

Aim for hypertrophy rep ranges.

Do not use the Smith machine. Do the real excercises, you will get better results.

chill, why would a newbie be in the gym 5x a week?

just use light free weights, baby. Nothing but a peanut
And learn proper form. You don't want to stop after a year due to fucking up your joints

I just don't think she's going to get very fast results by spending over half of every week resting.

Once DOMS is over then it should be no problem. I don't see why a noob should go to the gym less than that anyway, 5 days a week is pretty standard even for novice routines.

true to a certain extent, but even margus riggletot recommends an insane bulk to complete beginners and look how THICC they get. your way is going to take her years

What kind of logic is that? If you're not going to lift heavy there's no reason to be afraid of the barbell.

Listen here little baby.

You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about.

Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar?

PERFECT.

Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want.

Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

Years? I just explained that after a single year she might want to think about bulking. It's hard to tell for sure what she should do without a pic of her but she says she doesn't want to get fat, which she definitely will by following Rippletits's dieting advice.

I don't think it's that crucial to bulk until noob gains dry up and for some people it can be discouraging since it's hard to tell if you're making progress unless you're lean.

literally 0 novice routines have you doing heavy lifting for more than 3

you should still hit upper twice and lower 2-3, but on the same days

the insane bulk is only for people who are complete skellies

no one in this thread lifts ffs

I started from scratch 10 years after leaving the Army. I was going seven days a week for the first three months, then asked back to 6 when football started.

Five days a week is too little in my opinion.

"Do or do not." Get in or GTFO.

RLTW

>have fun starting over with the bar when you transition to the barbell
i started on smiths and when i transitioned to free weights my lifts were identical.

you'll never be thicc without lifting (relative to your body weight and gender) heavy weights

>is it ok to use the smith machine
>im a girl so its not like im going to be lifting heavy
How are these statements related at all? What does it matter if you lift heavy? Why would someone with light weights prefer the smith machine?
And most importantly: Why would you use it at all? What benefit do you see? I'll answer this for you - there is no benefit, so don't use it. Use your brain sometimes honey.

Then stay on the smith and dont take up space on the barbell faggot

>dont wanna get too bulky haha :)

atleast you won't be taking up space in the racks you waste of flesh

>not knowing what the fuck are you talking about
>giving advice

That means you lifted baby weight in the Smith or you never bothered doing a full squat.

Why? What's the fucking difference you're still going to have to load your back and spine if you want to squat.

Smith machine is really only useful for specialty exercises. The fixed bar path is great for certain awkward presses and squat stances. But for building a base? It's kinda shit.

BRAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPQTHQTHQTHQTHQTHQTHQTHQTHQTHQTHBRAPBRAP

fat? this simply isnt true