Building a home gym

Hey Veeky Forums I want to do bench press at my house but holy shit is everything expensive, What is the best equipment to buy on a budget?
I need:
>a bench
>A rack
>a bar
>weights
If possible I would like to spend less than $500 total
I only want to bench at most 185lbs but if could support more than 250lbs that would be swell

look on craigslist etc for used stuff

and why do you only want to bench 185lbs?

that guys grip is how people fucking die doing bench press

You can make your own Power rack if you know how, this will save you a lot of money, and you can get the weight $1/lb. So a 45 plate would cost $45. If you go on craigslist, you're bound to find something.

He's got clips, he'll be fine.

why not just buy a squat rack and bench out of it with safety bars?

I recently bought a rack, bar, and weights for $250 on craigslist

I got a bench separately for $30

So only $280 for a working gym. I only have 85lb of weights though, need to buy some more.

rack like this, you won't afford a full cage with extra stuff and be under 500 bucks
the buy a removeable bench

non oly bars with weights can be bought second hand for almost nothing
an oly bar and oly weights cost a fuckload

I got a bench+squat stand combo thing on Craigslist for $75. Dick's has a 300lb Olympic set that costs around $200, sometimes cheaper with sales and stuff.

I had a guy at a fitness store try and sell me oly Pl8 for $2.20/lb. Went on kijiji and scored a full set of rubber coated plates for $0.80/lb. Just keep an eye out for deals or moving sales and you can save big $.

I built this shit for 80$ with recycled metal. So far it can hold my skeletor dyel weights and hasn't killed me yet

Make sure the bench you buy has its stands far apart like in the OP picture. I had a shitty home bench years ago that was really narrow and it held the bar in the exact spot my hands should go.

I'm also a manlet so that probably made it worse, but just be mindful of little shit like that when you buy stuff without seeing it in person.

>rubber coated plates for $0.80/lb
Mad jelly senpai

>learn2weld
>buy square steel tubing
>make your own

The legs on the bench scare me the most

Too fat

Yeah the bench is a complete piece of shit but I got it for free and I'm broke so it works

t. Girl that got dumped for a high test goddess

Is it a piano bench?

It's actually a bench I got from a shitty mcdojo that was shutting down

>and why do you only want to bench 185lbs?
I already have a gym membership so this would just be for days I can't get there like holidays or just some extra sets when I feel like it, 185 is what I do for high reps.
>and you can get the weight $1/lb. So a 45 plate would cost $45
Everywhere I look I keep seeing weigts priced at like $60 for 45lbs
Okay do you know some inexpensive ones?

this is about the time all the nyrfags start to give up and sell their equipment on craigslist and whatnot. perfect timing to use that tax return