Why does this drinkingismanly meme exist?

why does this drinkingismanly meme exist?

it somehow baffles me. swallowing a liquid doesnt make you anything of value or virtuous.

i hear for russian women a man who doesnt drink is a demigod because of the army of drunk fucks. one of the reasons putin is considered such an alpha for them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrVLB3MtUjo
tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/9/1/3.full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's not a meme here you cockbiter go shit up other websites

It has to do with le viking meme I guess. Same thing with beards.

Alcohol is degeneracy: the liquid
The white man's drug is either stimulants or opiates

babies drink milk men drink beer

> Big guy
> Big beard
> Big tolerance
> Big appetites

This is what women want.

>Big guy
for you

>Alcohol is degeneracy

>icelandic
>vodka
jesus it's like numales can't tell their memes apart anymore.

Marketing. Literal marketing.

Ironically, Mad Men tricked thousands of young people into thinking that drinking and smoking were the secret key to adulthood. Mad Men, the show about marketers tricking people into buying shit.

There's literally nothing wrong with a good drink now and then. Humans evolved with alcohol. But the "lol I got so smashed XD" shit is purely from companies selling you shit you don't really need by telling you its important.

youtube.com/watch?v=WrVLB3MtUjo

>why does this drinkingismanly meme exist?

It's an aspect of various cultures that's been around for hundreds of years. Calling it a meme is absolutely ridiculous. As for why it exists, I don't know.

Any real answer would have to be based on multiple countries' histories and cultural values and I'm honestly not interested in the answer enough to do the reading necessary to come to a real conclusion.

Also, if anyone is curious about alcohol culture in America historically, watch at least the first episode of Ken Burns Prohibition. It puts a lot of shit into context, how America was the drunkest country in the world at the turn of the century. Basically the sudden boom in cheap grain and advances in the distillation process created a massive wave of dirt cheap liquor that almost destroyed American society.

Good post.
Got nothing else to add atm.

Alcohol isn't even a good drug. If I want to be social and confident I would do Adderall, cocaine, Kratom and some other nootropics If I want to get a nice buzz by myself I would smoke weed or do an opiate.

only because women have infiltrated drinking and compromised another safe space for men.

All vodka doesn't have to be Polish or Russian or Finnish. It isn't like scotch or champagne. Some of the best vodka in the world is made in Canada, for example.

It's basically this, but with alcohol instead of cigarettes.

tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/9/1/3.full

Women are a pretty big demographic to sell to.

high testosterone is linked to lower inhibitions, more risk-taking behavior, happiness, gregarious social interaction.

since alcohol causes all those things as well, it kind of just goes together. the average IQ in America is 98 which is closer to some species of birds than really smart people, so no surprise they cannot differentiate manliness and alcohol.

Isn't 100 supposed to be the literal average IQ

it varies on the population (which get conflated with race) being examined

>being this much of a zero social life high inhibition pussy

>cries about alcohol and shits on thor
>calls anyone else numale

>the virgin thread

Because the marketers back in the 50s & 60s were fuckin' geniuses

>dirt cheap liquor that almost destroyed American society
>almost

>almost destroyed american society
i seriously hope you aren't suggesting prohibition saved american society from drinking itself to death

also ken burns is a cuck

It's a weird approximation of what betas think masculinity is.

>le grizzled trenchcoat working man drinking whiskey and black coffee
Same as pretending to enjoy blue-rare steak and bacon-sriracha artisan craft beer. Things seen as "acquired tastes" are taken to extremes in order to compensate for insecurity.

Real "manliness" is doing your own thing and still confidently owning it.

The bigger the deal people make of drinking alcohol, the less mature they are.

Because being a man is to tolerate suffering, drinking shows your ability to take punishment and suffer.

It's not manly it's sophisticated

>t. Canadian

Next time you ever consider combining the words 'Canada' and 'Vodka', pull Dan Akyroyd's cock out of your throat so your brain can receive the oxygen it so obviously lacks.

The best vodkas in the world are slavic and as such are the only true vodkas, anything else is indeed a fucking "meme".

Same reason people think smoking is manly so they down their cheep american beer and smoke away packs. Unfortunately drinking good alcohol is kind of manly or at least sophisticated if you want to look at it like that. However no one chugging heney because their favorite rapper does understands why it's good, case and point most people think congnac brandy is whiskey.

Vodka is the same shit in every country (going to a Russian party tonight where I will fill up on vodka and pickled shit).

It's 100% marketing.

Brandies or Wines or Whiskeys or rums all have their individual characteristics. Vodka is just distilled alcohol with water added to it.

This. Alcohol is literally poison and everybody basically knows this to some degree, the only reason anyone drinks it is for social acceptance/social "lubrication". The only people I know who intentionally try to "cultivate a taste for sipping whiskey" or something similar are fucking douchebags, the same goes for beer connoisseurs with the exception that the latter group are all obese.

It's not manly to court alcoholism, you're just cucking yourself out of a healthy liver for literally no fucking reason.

Because it is? Look at the guys who regularly go out and drink alcohol. Now look at the guys who stay at home and fap. Alphas drink.

Are you pretending to be retarded or what?

Marketing is dependent on humanity's attachment to alcohol, not the other way around.

Just because the entirety of human history has had a drinking problem for as long (if not longer) than it could be recorded, doesnt mean that your bud light commercials compel frat boys to get blacked.

But yes, believe that commercial advertising and Meme Men convinced the latest legal generation of drinkers to get fucked up, something that has never occurred before in our western world.

pic related: poor greek frat boy who saw too many plays about Dionysus and got "έσπασαν".

But wine and certian beers do taste good though you faggot. I bet you dont like coffee without milk or tea and had to stop drinking soda when you got in shape.

> mfw there is only 2 kinds of guy on earth

yeah every bar I go into is just busting at the seams with manly alphamales

>checked

The only thing that is the same in every country is bullshit, and your post reeks of it.

If you had any idea about the creation of alcohol, or the fermentation process of vegetation that it is embodied by, you would have an appreciation (or at least an awareness) of the flavoring notes that result from utilizing different sugar sources in the creation of alcohol.

The fact that your brain can comprehend that brandies, wines, whiskeys or rums have individual characteristics, yet a mental stop is put into place when considering vodka, overwhelms my mind, impressed and astonished by the sheer amount of mental gymnastics you must have to perform on a daily basis.

I also bet that youre the same fag that made that marketing post you double-nigger. Make sure to run your ideas past the Consumer Culture teacher at your local business school, she might give you a gold star.

>and got "έσπασαν".

That makes no sense mr. google translate

Maybe if you live in the middle of nowhere?

In any big city or college town it is very easy to see the difference the alpha (who drinks) and the beta (who doesn't).

Not sure what to tell you, it's all greek to me.

>it's an uptight non drinking user tries to force everybody to conform to his way of life thread

I fully agree with you OP.
Moreover, alcohol decreases test levels and increases estrogen ones.

rare steak is bretty gud tho

These happen far too often. I feel bad for them.

That's annoying, isn'it? And people who drink do the same all the fucking time.

t. I drink from time to time

Rare steak is great for a nice filet or sirloin, but on Veeky Forums you have retards saying IT HAS TO STILL BE COLD IN THE MIDDLE OR YOU'RE A CHILD even for fatty cuts

I don't know. A beer or wine can actually be enjoyable with a meal. I thought it was just a meme at first but I genuinely like a lot of beers now (except IPAs, fuck em).
One or two a day won't damage your liver. Wine supposedly has antioxidants in it.

Most of this thread is bullshit. People drink for one simple reason.. it makes them feel good. Some can handle it and maintain some discipline. Others cant and end up in hospitals loaded up with Ativan so they don't have seizures. It can have the potential to be like an other hard drug.. it's just readily available in most places which means a higher rate of substance abuse.

>drinkers trying to force people to drink
This literally never happens in the real world, unless you're complaining about advertising or something

Probably because every common man used to do it daily to deal with their hard days full of manual labour. The meme has been passed down over the years.

would have that steak and beer right now senpai. would not cop if it were a steak flavored beer as you implied though, that sounds gross

alcohol is a shit drug but it's the only one that ever actually made me feel normal or even good. I got way too into it and quit totally a few years ago. I've got a prety nice body now but I only leave the house for work.

>look at me I don't drink alcohol because I'm not a DEGENERATE LEFTIST I am so REDPILLED on how alcohol is actually DESTROYING western society