Let's discuss power cleans. Do you do them? Do you like doing them?

Let's discuss power cleans. Do you do them? Do you like doing them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020
youtube.com/watch?v=bVRJvoeepAI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Zn7XxsHTnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not sure if b8 or not.

everyone on Veeky Forums is a beginner, so everyone should be doing SS.

Powercleans are so awesome, makes my deadlift feel so much stronger. Tho right now I can only power 180 5x3

high pulls are better for me, cause I can skip stretching my palms

great stuff overall, I squat hard and do s-leg dl with volume on day 1, dl hard and zercher squat for volume on day 3 and do heavy highpulls with little volume (1-3 reps) on day in the middle. Works the traps, upper back and inner muscles incredibly.

watched tutorials but suck at them, I have amazing shoulder flexibility yet I end up getting some weird feeling/mini sharp pain on one of my shoulders but not really something that lasts more than a day once I start going to heavier weights
I think it's the catching position that im doing wrong but I dunno how to do it better

My max is 160 for 3 reps. I don't do them very often and since I'm on a cut and don't feel very like I'd be able to produce the power, I don't do them at all, atm.

Yes. I have 2 back days, and I start one off with deadlifts, the other off with powercleans. From an aesthetics point of view, they're great trap and quad builders. From an athletics point of view, they're great for speed and explosion.

More importantly, it's also just a classic lift you need to know how to do. You should be able to get a good workout in with nothing but a barbell and plates, and powercleans make that a possibility.

Haven't done them in over a year. Going to try to fit them in my routine again though.

What's the appeal aside from tradition?
Why not just do DLs and OHP?

Seems like you're risking injury more than what you're gaining

I don't think the risk of injury is higher than anything else. The OHP is the answer to your question though. You should be able to do them and frontsquats both without needing a rack.

explosiveness, also great traps(shrugs and shit are a meme, rack pulls and this thing build them big natty)

I want to stop squatting since my legs already look fucking A and thinking of doing PC's

Builds explosive power and fast twitch muscles. Also helps mobility

>rack pulls
>not a meme

you can go heavy and they fucking shred your traps

look at that manlet alphadestiny or whatever hes called

Sounds like a meme lift, desu. I'm dead serious.

why not listen to the man?

youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020

I saw that video already and the old man doesn't know what he says. He is dement already

That dude is doing a snatch not a power clean

I guess it's an unnecessary lift and pretty much impossible to dump it safely if you don't have bumper plates in your gym. Still, I think it's a nice skill to have to be able to clean the weight you OHP on a platform, instead of having to wait until a squat rack is free.

what exactly do you disagree with?

He mumbles about the vertical jump being untrainable and being kind of a genetic makeup of an individual and then jumps to the argument that he would choose a guy by his powerclean. I think that doesn't make sense or I'm not understanding it. If the vertical jump is the explosive potential genetic factor, and the powerclean is a trainable lift, I would get the guy with the beast vertical jump, fuck the powerclean.

This is some low quality bait user.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVRJvoeepAI

>vertical jump being untrainable
This is a fucking meme.

I know, that's what the old man says.

>that pic
Phoar

That's what happens when you Clean and jerk and Snatch.

A genetic freak chink on drugs moving weight for his sport.

For the average lifter you can train your mobility and do normal lifts and get to a good size and strength level. Explosiveness is just fast twitch fibers recruitment wich can be trained to a point with dead stop exercises: deadlift, paused squat, paused bench, pendlay row, etc

That's what happens when you inject hormones, smart ass

>zercher squat
Lol what kinda geriatric faggot r u

No. All chinese lifters do a shitton of bodybuilding stuff and gear to get those physiques.

Wow, I wonder how long have been doing clean and jerk and snatch pic related?

>muh genetics
OR you can do both you dumb cunt.
You can swap or incorporate lifts into your routine. Hard to believe, I know.

Instead of going super heavy on deads multiple times a weak swap a heavy day and do clean and jerks.

It'll blow your mind how intense and exhausting it is. It'll make hitting PRs significantly easier on OHP, Deads, and squats.

>excuses

Read what I responded to the other user.

So did Zyzz and he looked like shit compared to many people on the same compounds.

You do know ronnie was a powerlifter right?

I fucking despise cleans. I can never get into the rhythm of the movement.

>You do know ronnie was a powerlifter right?
That's the fucking point retard. No clean and jerk off and snatch

And roid

Practice makes perfect bud, go slow and light till you get the movement down.

Use just the bar and stare at a mirror like a vain faggot to watch the flow and movement of the bar.

Ronnie did Clean and jerk, not for competitions he mostly focused on Sqauts and deads.

Snatches I can't stand but specifically for Lu that's his two main lifts.

So did Arnie, Arnie was strong as fuck on his CnJ

Arnie's lifts
Clean and press – 264 lb (120 kg)[30]
Snatch – 243 lb (110 kg)[30]
Clean and jerk – 298 lb (135 kg)[30]
Squat – 545 lb (247 kg)[30]
Bench press – 440 lb (200 kg)[30]
Deadlift – 710 lb (320 kg)[30]

I mean shit even franco.

Franco could Bench Press 525 lbs., Squat 655
lbs., and Dead Lift 750 lbs. He is even in the
Guinness Book of World Records
for blowing
up a hot water bottle to bursting using only
sheer lung power!
And he set Olympic Weightlifting records too,
with his 270 lb Snatch and 400lb Clean and Jerk.

It really just seems like you guys are afraid of the movement or scared to look weak.

Snatching can be dangerous if you don't have a trainer and personally I don't like the movement.

However clean and jerk is a phenomenal movement for building core and explosive strength. I HIGHLY advise you guys to swap out a heavy day during the week to give to incorporate it into your routine for a month.

Look at Glorious Klokov for guidance.

lol if you think either of their Olympic lifts are good that's sad. I've been oly lifting for 8 months and already c & j 295 and snatch 225 and I'm not a roided up monkey like them

He also stopped doing oly lifts at age 16 or something. He competed as a Junior in Austria, I believe.

Post vids.
Because your bait is weak buddy.

I'd also like to see you benching 525, squatting 655, and diddylifting 750 aswell since these roided up monkeys are so weak compared to a guy lifting for 8 months natty.

That is correct, those are his PRs over his career regardless of timeframe.

brad can do it on a hoverboard, wtf is your issue, BITCH

youtube.com/watch?v=0Zn7XxsHTnk

I am literally too retarded to clean. I just can't do it right, no matter the weight. The barbell always goes straight up through the air after passing my knees - I just can't seem to make it even touch my thighs. So basically I end up just using my arms to lift the barbell. Please help what do

Great way to injure yourself. If you're not getting paid to compete then you're a fucking idiot for doing them.

Are you retarded?
Watch a few videos and GO SLOW.

snatches are high risk but Clean and jerks are not high risk. You have multiple chances to bail during the lift.

Have you done a clean and jerk before?

>Are you retarded?
I literally said I am you illiterate fuck.
Btw "watch some videos" isn't exactly great advice.

Trips of justice, I meant on the spectrum bud not just banter.

There's a multitude of videos on youtube describing in great detail the movements and flow.

Go slow, use either just the bar or use 75% of your deadlift max and pause at the top and practice the slight movement to understand the flow. Don't try to do the movement fully obviously, basically like a deadlift>shrug/hip lift.
I can't hold your hand through everything bud.

obviously I can't do near as much in the big 3 as them. I also have been lifting for a little over 4 years now, I just started oly lifting 8 months ago though.

Then you may have some truth to your statement.

However can't say for sure without proof.

What's your strict OHP if you don't mind

Haven't OHPd in over a year I'd guess around 200 lbs

What the shit, you're OLY and not OHPing?

What's your routine?

>great way to AVOID GAINS

ftfy, pussy

Maxing out every day then eating a lot and sleeping 10-12 hours I alternate front squat and back squat

>90% of people come to Veeky Forums to build muscle and look like a bodybuilder
>get memed into doing power cleans

I like them a lot. Unfortunately i have developed the bent elbow habit ;_;

Power Cleans are a meme, just upright row with a slight bend at the hips and a 90 degree angle at the elbows for 10xs the trap medial and rear delt hypertrophy and non of the cross fit douche injuries

>Let's discuss power cleans
>shows a picture of a snatch
wtf

They're very fun, at least a lot more fun than deadlifts.

Olympic lifts scare the shit out of me. They're so much more complicated than DL, squat, bench and OHP.

How do I start oly lifting without snapping my shit up?

this desu