/gym nemesis general/

>gym nemesis complimented my squats today

You didn't prepare me for this Veeky Forums. How do I know if he was sincere or is planning something?

Post your gym nemesis stories ITT

No one lifts as heavy on compounds as i do at my gym (dont get me wrong im still noob, lifting for 4 months so its far from impressive) BUT:

>Do bent over rows once
>Gym employee (skinny manlet) comes up to me and speaks something
>I understood that he needs me to move a bit(not my native language) to do crossfit lesson with group or some shit
>move 3 steps
>He tells me hes sorry but he needs the bar (i wasnt finished with my shit yet)
>Well whatever, unload and put the bar on floor, notice theres another bar next to wall (standard olympic one)
>Take that and do rows again
>Guy looks at me like stupid

Few days later hes there lifting himself, hes shredded maybe even on slight juice, still looks like total dyel in long sleeves.

I dont have a gim nemesis, should I get one

I just workout alone every time not talking to anyone and listening to music from my headphones

I try to make a passive aggressive angry face or whatever most of the time to keep people at bay. I also wash my gym shirt like once every two weeks so I also smell quite bad I think. Im finnish though so I dont smell like a nigger though.

>giving him the bar

You NEVER show subservience to your gym nemesis. Next you'll be letting him fuck your gf.

Wash your clothes, you stupid faggot.
Fucking freak.

I'm surprised some dyel hasn't tried to make you his nemesis

>that fucker who is at every gym you join and lifts the same weight as you
>join a new gym before him
>he joins a few months later and he has that newcomer aura
>fuck yeah cunt youre in MY gym
>dont see him for a while and forget about him
>join the new gym everyone talks about
>hes in the corner lifting and you lock eyes
>fuuuuu

>gym nemesis
What? Are you guys Saturday morning cartoon characters or something?

There's group of dyel teenagers that stare at me all the time. I think they're trying to scare me or something. Sad cunts!

>gym nemesis always recording me when I do my sets
>today he caught me doing 7 reps on one of them
>reported me to the owner with video evidence
this was my third infraction this year so its already an automatic week long suspension

Why would you even do that anyway? Are you TRYING to lose all your gains?

homegym masterrace here, so I guess my wife is my gym nemesis.

>tfw nemesys is stronger than you

I'll get him one day, the good part is that he weighs 10kg more than me and I'm 0,5 pl8 away

what's it like having a wife

Nope, I like the odour. Smells like a man. Youd also have to be like 50 cm from me to smell it anyway. If youre that close, you better just back off.

>>He tells me hes sorry but he needs the bar (i wasnt finished with my shit yet)
>>Well whatever, unload and put the bar on floor, notice theres another bar next to wall (standard olympic one)
>>Take that and do rows again
>>Guy looks at me like stupid

he probably felt like a fucking idiot

good jerb

it's like being trapped in a cage with someone you used to love

oh

>having a gym nemesis

Stay insecure, my dude.

what's it like to love someone

Some guy aggressivly started stretching against the bar in the squat rack as I was loading my weights on it.

Is he my gym nemisis?

I know that feel, bro. Ten years in the cage.

> Big muscles
> Lessons about being Healthy
> no gf

Do you even need to ask?

You realize you are filling the room with the smell of a corpse, right? 50 cm my ass. Nobody smells as bad to themselves as they do to everyone else.

Jeeesus. I been with my wife 12 years, it's fuckin awesome. We train together and motivate each other, you boys picked the wrong lady.

>We train together
You grew together, then. That's living life on easy mode and I'm envious. When you grow apart, it's less easy. We have fewer things in common every year. I'm only sticking with it for my kid at this point. She deserves two parents in her household more than I deserve happiness.

>She deserves two parents in her household more than I deserve happiness.

You're a good man user, the internet still loves you even if she might not

>being so immature you have nemesises

Bravo, user

I'm a DYEL and work out at 7 am when the gym opens.
I couldnt really comprehend it at first but my gym nemesis is a woman.
She is there every morning, lifts more than I do, has a better technique , rests much shorter and her workouts are still as long as mine.
She is a beast and I love-hate her

Too real.

height/weight/lifts?

181cm, 70 kg, maybe 15% bf, squat 1pl8/ diddly 2pl8s for reps.
Just started so pls no bully.
But I swear this woman motivates me. She has always this focused and aloof facial expression. Plus thicc thighs

>changing gyms frequently enough for that to become a common occurence
why tho

>known at my gym as the strong turbo-manlet regular
>the only turbo-manlets stronger than me are the mexican ultra-turbos but no one counts them cause they reek of that strange, "spicy" odor
>also look much younger than my age so people sort of look at me with admiration for being so proactive about my health and fitness
>recently, another turbo-manlet has joined and he has a better squat than i do
>still beating that skinny fuck at bench, ohp, and diddys but the squat thing is nagging me
>notice regulars have complimented him on his squat

i'm trying to figure out which car is his and camp out.

You are a good father

>manlet on manlet warfare

united you stand, divided you fall

You are a good man user

it's like walking around and seeing a load of people in cages but not you so you're happy

>gym nemesis
Is this some sort of new meme? Or bait? Or are you just a bunch of melodramatic children, creating a situation out of your own imagination that doesn't exist in real life?

No matter.
Here's what you ALL should be doing:
>Go to the gym
>Do your work
>IGNORE everyone else
>LEAVE when you're done
>Questions? See the above 4 steps, they're ALL you need to know
It's as simple as that. No muss, no fuss, no bullshit, no artificial DRAMA, just DO YOUR WORK then GO HOME. Do you all have lead in your water or something?

Chill bruh. He's a popular guy that I go to school with, can't really ignore him

Wait, you can't do 7 reps? What am I missing here?

>pls no bully
do you know where you are user?
but fair enough you just started so it's cool, keep at it and you'll rocket past her then you might have the balls to spot for her maybe even talk to her

Don't you have some guy who has about the same lifts as you, you have never talked to him, some how your workouts sync up and you constantly try to out lift him ?

This has honestly happened in all 4 gyms i have been to in my life

>He's a popular guy that I go to school with
Oh for fuck's sake..
YES YOU CAN. Someone is being a dick? You shine them on and go about your business. Simple as that.
Also:
>school
If you're Underage B& then you need to LEAVE Veeky Forums, you don't belong here.

united they stand, but their still not tall

>If you're Underage B&
Senior year of high school, I'm 18

you've never been competitive at anything have you user, this little game we play in our heads makes us keep training

>I have to train to 'beat' my imaginary rival!
Childish.
TRAIN FOR YOURSELF OR NOT AT ALL.

I wanted to post just to say you rock my man

sticking to some stupid principle of i'm doing this just for me is garbage, you always lift for something usually friends, gf, or just look better

You got memed son

it's ok to lift for different things other than what the Veeky Forums legion memes

>6'3, 412lbs
>started going to the gym recently
>doing cardio and lifting mostly
>2 weeks in, everything going well
>One day I notice a guy, even fatter than me, probably 450lbs
>he is lifting in my usual spot
>not a problem, go and start doing stiff leg deadlifts next to him
>he looks at me angrily
>I am only doing it with 20lb weight because I am so weak
>notice he is using 25lb barbell
>he drops his barbell, and as he walks past laughs
>'maybe next time you become obese you should become obese eating protein, flabby'
>pats his bicep and walks off into the distance
>try to ignore it
>next week
>on the treadmill at walking pace
>he comes
>gets on the treadmill next to mine
>starts singing
>notice he is singing 'THE FATTY NEXT TO ME, CAN'T BURN A CALORIE, HE'LL GO HOME TONIGHT, AND GRAB HIMSELF A BITE, I'LL BE THIN AND LEAN, HE'LL JUST BE CHEWIN'
>tfw he keeps doing this
>I lost 10lbs so far
>he must have lost 20
>tfw if he gets lower than me I might kill mysel

please be true

Thought the punchline would be
>home gym

A) 7 reps literally does nothing so you're wasting your time
B) 7 reps doesn't fall under strength or hypertrophy and is thus an illegal set under UN decree

tfw I've never ever had a gym nemesis

all of my gymbros are either way stronger or way weaker than me

if this is real, ignore him user people like this tend not to last at the gym because they're doing it for attention. also bring it to with the owner, you're paying for a membership to workout not to be harassed

>Join gym
>This dyel fucker starts doing same excercises as me at the exact same time as me
>Even uses the same weights as me to make me feel shit
>Kek he has shitform
>He's at the gym every fucking time I'm there and he keeps staring at me
>Just not staring, but constantly locking eyes with me checking me out
>This goes on for quite a while
>One day I had a bad day
>Dog died, fight with gf, just overall a very bad day
>This dyel fucker is AGAIN there at the same fucking time as me
>Doing quarter rep squats with to much wright for him
>Fucking loser just lower the weight instead of ego-lifting
>He locks eyes with me again, giving me a creepy stalker vibe
>Finally have enough, fucking hate my nemesis
>Decide to go up to him to confront him
>He has the exact same reaction as me
>Both look furiously at each other, starting to charge towards eachother
>Fuck this shit gonna knock this fucker out
>He pulls his fist at the same time as me and we connect fists
>Hear mirror shattering
>Go to the hospital to get stitches
>Get diagnosed with a psychosis

hehe fucking gym nemesises, right?

>Reporting someone for verbal abuse
Are you some kind of special snowflake?

kek

I laughed

is real?

solid

You haven't heard of this? Dude it's bodybuilding fact at this point, arnie even wrote about it in his book before all the scientific documentation.

Can you tell me the name of his book?

let me google that for you m80

my gym nemesis was a kid who's 2 years younger than me but has been training for 2 and a half (I've been training for almost an year now).

>tfw he's my gymbro nowadays
feelsgoodman

>high statistics

lets not be retards here guys, 'RMG' kek

You guys won't even believe when you get the stats.
Enjoy your nogains

Of course its real, I mean, its just common sense.

Straight up good cunt you are cuh

I don't get this pic.
I've been playing counterstrike for 15 years and cowadooty for 10.

Holly shit I didn't see that coming
>10/10

bunny hopping you goof

>your gym nemesis could be posting on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW

retard

just kill him user?

Not really my personal nemesis but two Instagram whores were filming videos in the gym today. In my entire 90 minute workout they didn't do one single real exercise. They just faked doing stuff and took pictures and videos of each other. The world is in a sorry state.

They were attractive so they probably collected a hundred thousand (You)s for their day's work. One has to wonder though...for what purpose?

You could always brawl it out in the manlet pit, you know.

Go there earlier than your normal routine and use every single treadmill but don't rewind them once you're done. That'll show him.

He is paying you a compliment to break down your guards. He´s going to destroy you user. Embrace inferiority.

rest easy knowing they'll never know the feeling of making true gains and a well earned sleep.

Never

>start benching
>warm up with 1 plate
>work up to 1.5 plate
>random guy stops me in the middle of my rep to give me shit about my form
>"yeah the way you're doing it will be fine in the beginning but once you lift 1.5 plates you'll struggle"
>politely point out I am in fact lifting 1.5 plates
>mfw in fact I was still working up to my max of 2 plates for 8 reps
>dude walks off "I was only trying to help bro"

I just don't get why random people are trying to help me when I'm obviously not a complete beginner. I'd say he was about just as big as me.

Gym nemesis took up the military press for 9 FUCKING SETS the other day. He was taking 5 minutes between sets too, but decent form.

I see him get up and I ask him if it is his last set. Surprisingly he said yes.

I go to unrack the weight on one side, assuming he is going to do the other. He then goes up to some cunt and starts talking for a bit, leaving his towel on the fucking seat. I kick it off and rack my weight up.

"Whoa no reason to throw my towel on the ground buddy, I was just going to be a second"

Got banned for sexual activity

Lmao keked hard

please explain

United they stand, barely 5 feet tall

I wish my father was like you

Dont leave rddit

>lifting for yourself is stupid
>lift to look better instead

God bless you user

You aren't alone brother, keep working out, it helps dull the misery.

I've been getting weird vibes from an older guy at my gym. He's in his 50s, still jacked, and covered in tattoos. Quiet, polite, and just focuses on his lifts. Usually he stays silent, but recently he's been critiquing my form on my deadlift and bench press.

Wouldn't really consider him a nemesis, but I definitely don't appreciate being called out in front of other people in the gym like that. To be fair he gives damn good advice.

I like to think of him as Gains Grandpa.

Not really any Nemesis aside from Kids who commented on my weight when i where new to the gym, now they sup on Protein shakes after doing 2 reps of 2kg/5kg. while i'm doing my shit to leave humanity behind.

this isnt me. my wife is actually pretty cool and lifts with me. she takes care of herself and I couldn't be happier.
has it right.