QTDDTOT

Old one will soon reach Valhalla.

Once you become an intermediate lifter and have reaped all you can from a beginner routine, is following an actual program necessary to 'make it' if your goal is aesthetics? Could I not just train instinctively? So long as diet is exactly as it should be would I not still make gains following basic principles like progressive overload?

>Could I not just train instinctively?

I guess you could, if your instincts were on point and had the perfect level of self awareness and control to progress. But you probably don't. So you should use a routine.

Control to progress? What do you mean?
I mean, I could just look at a standard upper body routine and see, okay, I need a chest press movement, an OHP, a rowing movement and pull ups. Hmm then sprinkle in accessories. Would that really lead to disaster?

How do you keep yourself motivated if your only goal is aesthetics? Are you at the very least planning on competing in a body building show once a year?

I'm pretty motivated. Lots of people lift just to look good and consequently feel good about themselves. I just want to transform my body and look awesome on the beach. How about you? Any kind of transformation is an achievement in itself

Do texas method and shut the fuck up

For aesthetics?

Every other tuesday do a bodybuilding day
Also do weighted chinups on your intensity and MAYBE your volume days

I'll consider it user. I'm still on my beginner program but should be finishing up with it soon.
What's your opinion on the OP?

24 hour fasts, yay or not while cutting? I've heard of things like eat stop eat etc. What does Veeky Forums think? Discomfort isn't a problem for me. I could do it.

Not my body, but currently my pecs are in a state similar to de left phase.

My question is, getting rid of that protruding boobic blob is a matter of more cutting or specific chest exercise?

retract your shoulder blades,done

Yes getting rid of chest fat requires losing fat. Astonishing really...

Bump

What's a bog standard ab routine I can follow?

i spent 5 months in an intense academy/bootcamp style environment.

got really good at running and moderately good at bodyweight exercises.

what should i do now? lift? continue body weight? its been about 4 weeks since ive done anything mostly because i was drained from the experience but i can feel myself starting to waste away now and id like to get in very good shape.

thanks.

Imagine if legertha made you into her pusy slave and you had no say in matter! wow.

:O bro...

Good replacement for t-bar row?

What is a bro split?

During my runs i'm stopping most of the time from pain in my calves rather than running out of energy, what's my issue?

If your doing rack pulls and RDLs, is there any point to DLing from a size/mass building perspective?

How do I stop under eating during a cut? Eating isn't fun when I'm not trying to bulk I don't really want to eat too much

A tipy of routine where you focus on a specific part of the body everyday of the week as opposed to routines like SS or SL where you go 3 times a week and do full body exercises.

Bump

Is there any harm in eating ground beef everyday (300g) to keep up with my macros?

Is the lower sperm count and test associated with eating a lot of red meat just a meme?

Would be good to do a routine like pic related 6 days a week?

Theoretically I think it would be like doing a full body 3x a week, plus lots of accessories.

Yeah, Traps, Glutes and Hams all get big with DL.

>Is there any harm in eating ground beef everyday (300g) to keep up with my macros?
None, if you eat lots of fibers too.

>Is the lower sperm count and test associated with eating a lot of red meat just a meme?
ROFL yes. If anything it's the other way round. The creatine and B vitamins in meat will get you more manly.

What is a good BB routine after doing SS?
It should have all the main lifts and be 3 days a week.

if you enjoyed SS and aren't afraid to do something hard then Texas Method is the obvious choice. It's significantly harder than SS, though, and if your rest and diet isn't in check you'll crash and burn fairly quickly.

Plates are thought of as 20kg..
But the heaviest plate is 25kg

What gives?

Also, are imperial plates actually the same weight as metric ones? 20k vs 45lbs
Or just close-ish

How do you work DLs into a PPL or U/L effectively?

I mainly lie on weekends. I may walk a couple miles to store or stuff like that. How bad is this taking in consideration that I do cardio everyday during the week adding up to about 50km total of running? I also do Texas method on M/W/F.

I just feel so quilty just relaxing on weekends.

I would say get a lifting routine down and do bodyweight on your off days.

Thoughts on training instinctively?

Either legs or pull day; do heavy DL one day, light RDL another day.

Is this a good routine?

ty

Can someone show me what a typical leg day looks like in a PPL routine?

Lifting with a cold at home, is it worth it to rest up a week than have 2 or 3 shitty workouts?

How can I prevent shinsplints from running? Every time I go faster I get them

>AxBxAxx
>BxAxBxx

Is the extra x really necessary? Can I just lift every other day? It seems simpler that way.

FOR FUCKS SAKE, STOP MAKING NEW THREADS WHEN THE CURRENT ONE ISN'T EVEN AT THE BUMP LIMIT

Fucking newfags

people have different opinions on this. I say it's better to work out anyway because it makes you feel better and you do better than you'd think

make sure your form is good, don't have shitty old shoes, don't heel strike. otherwise you just have to rest until they go away and then run until they come back, then rest again etc. your legs will get stronger

A 20 kg plate is about 44lbs and a 45lb plate is about 20.5 kg

Not the guy you were replying to but any good recommendations for running shoes? I went for a run this morning as opposed to riding a stationary bike at home (I bike at home after work during the week because it's too dark and cold for my liking) and the bottoms of my feet where it arches began feeling very sharp and stiff. My shoes are some old pair of Nikes I've had for 6 years and are falling apart and I think my foot was hurting because of my shoes.

But are the actual plates different too?
They are either;
Rounded to the nearest kg/lbs and standardised
Or, weigh what they say they weigh and an imperial plate is slightly heavoer than a metric one

Is an american who lifts lmao 4pl8 stronger than an european?

I got a mild cold (sore throat, headache, etc.). Will going to the gym make me feel better or worse?

So, for months I have been having a weird issue. My left side of my lower back (picture related) has been being sore and tight all the time. The tightness causes my body to lean to one side. Making one shoulder higher than the other etc. Gives me problems with proper posture.

Now last week I finally figured out what causes it after months. I was sick for a week and I didnt lift for a week. I noticed the pain was gone, and my shoulders looked level again. Then I went to the gym and what do you know, soreness and tightness returned to that side next day and shoulders were uneven again. And Im pretty sure it was caused by squats all this time.

What do I do, remove squats from my routine? Replace it with something else? Have someone videotape my form? Im not sure what Im doing wrong but this cant continue

Fuck I forgot the picture, this is the area

Hey there fellas, two things...

So 2 weeks ago I re-injured myself after only lifting for 3 weeks after taking a whole year off to recover from nerve related issues when squatting. Pretty much, whenever I high bar squat the barbell triggers some nerves which fire off throughout my entire body when I flex my core. I used to think think had something to do with with the bar being placed on my neck and I was half right as high bar would make my arm go a little numb but yesterday after successfully low bar squatting and finishing my routine with planks I managed to replicate the shooting nerve thing by flexing my core after the workout and tucking my chin back during the planks.

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked up is my spine?

Will I ever recover?

Also this is the current routine I'm doing, what do you guys think:

5x5 LB Squats
3x8 SLD
3x5 BB Row
3x8 Shoulder Press
3x Negative Chinups
3x8 Ez Bar Tricep Extension
4x Planks

Workout B
5x5 Deadlift
3x8 Front Squat
3x5 BB Bench
3x8 BB Upright Row
3xF Push Ups (Can't even do negative dips yet)
3x8 BB Curls
4x Planks

cheap micro plates or an alternative to them?

P-pls respond. I don't like skipping my routine but I don't wanna over exert myself either.

Sorry this Is me.

Sounds like your form is off for squats. Ask someone to spot you to make sure the bar is lying evenly.

Meant for

Will I get big with the routine? I wanted something with more volume? But thanks

Not the user you're replying to but yes.
Texas Method has plenty of volume. pic related

I want to start doing SL 5x5 Mon, Wedn and Fri but I also would like to keep playing soccer on Tuesdays, Would playing soccer affect my routine in any way? I would still have 3 days just for resting

I recently learned that the girl I'm trying to fuck has a fiance, but she tries to keep it a secret from me. She doesn't wear an engagement ring, gets touchy feely, never brings him up when I try to spur her on about it, tells me about her sexual fantasies, etc.

Anyway, I'm meeting up with her next week and want to get it in. I remember hearing Veeky Forums say the trick is to absolve her of all guilt and shift the blame to yourself for her cheating. How do I do this? I need examples of exact things I would say word for word when she says "B-but I have a boyfriend" because I'm really that autistic.

fitness related because I'll be engaging that glute and core in an aerobic fashion

Two questions

1. Can incline DB bench press + weighted Chest Dips replace flat dB/BB bench press?

2. Are deadlifts needed for aesthetics or can they be skipped?

Be a bro and tell the fiancé,
Then go out for beers and have a wingwan4lyf

Going foward with this knwoing she has a fiance doesnt make you as bad as her,
But doesnt make you not an asshole

What exactly is the point of fish oil? Seen a lot of praise for it on here, and I've been taking it for a while because why not, but I'm curious what exactly it actually does

Also
Is it useful to do a short workout for abs and forearms pretty much every day? Or should I do both less often and more exercises? I've heard both from people and I'm not sure what's best

No, that would be fine.

but the ass is fat. If someone is getting their dick wet it might as well be me.

Besides, he probably wouldn't believe me if I told him. He's really meek, and shy, and kind of a pushover.

I have like no obliques. When I'm flexing, I can grab like under my abs with ease. On a cut there is also a gap under my rib cage. How do I train them so they pop out?

Reg Park's guide from the sticky lists "Wrist work" and "Calves"
What exercises should I do for them?
Calves is pretty straight forward it seems, but wrist work?

I usually do one of three workouts:
1) Do a standing side bend while holding a weight on one side
2) Use the thing you use for hyperextensions, lay on your side and use your obliques
3) Grab a bar, load some weight, and start twisting your torso

How does my leg day look (PPL)

BB squats 4x5-6
Leg extensions 3x10-12
Leg curls 3x10-12
Romanian deadlifts 2x5-7
Calves

>Leg extensions
This is a terrible exercise (open chain, levered on knee); and its little effective, if effective at all. You may want to replace it for Leg Press, Lunges or simply more Squats with lower weight.

I prefer do to RDL as 1st or 2nd exercise of the day, bc it's low reps/high intensity. That's more a personal preference tho.

Other than that, it's good leg day.

Curious about this as well.

>show about Vikings
>hire canadian ukranian peasant

Rly tickles those thought wrinkles

Wrist work:
> Wrist Curls
> Reverse Wrist Curls
> Finger Curls

The Wrist Curls/Finger Curls should always be paired with Reverse Wrist Curls, or it will result in imbalances.

Calves:
> Calf raises, any type.

reachig low bf levels and to cut at 15% i need to eat only 1700kcals, maintenance ones are 2000.

should I do, once per week, a day where I eat at maintenance(those extra calories being from carbs) ?

Ukranians have Viking blood

Look up the Varangians/Rus

Russia itself is named after Vikings.

Buy 2.5lb weighted ankle/wrist braces
Wrap one around the middle of the bar, I got mine for $15 in Canadia land. Probably a lot cheaper in the US.

Not worth it IMO, unless you're seriously obese like pic related; in that case, drink water, tea and vitamins and you should do ok.

For overweight people it's just better to do Intermittent Fasting, and cut all refined sugars (sugar, flour, bread, cakes, soda, juices etc).

If you're reasonably in shape (~20% bf), just lift a lot and eat less calories.

REAL NOOB HOURS: I'm serious.

The bar used to deadlift is the same we use to bench press?
I feel it may be a dumb question, but i just want to make things right. Is there any difference?

i am pulling heavy on both days and its no issue
i do 4 plates for 5x5 monday and 3 and 1/2 plate for 5x10 on friday and my back,glute, and trap development is really great.
i am using belt and straps tho

what is a good replacement for t-bar rows?

The machine or landmine? I think the free weighted t-bar is the sickest back workout next to dumbbell rows. For the machine t bar/chest supported thingy, try seated cable rows with different grips.

Bump
Anyone?

No squatting? I fucking despise squats, but I love DLs (RDL, trap, snatch, sumo, conventional, do them all). Wish I could get good quad development without them and just focus on pulling shit off the floor.

>What exactly is the point of fish oil?
It has Omega 3 fats. That's it.

> Is it useful to do a short workout for abs and forearms pretty much every day? Or should I do both less often and more exercises?
Both ways are good. You need lots of volume and not much weight for those.

Got a question for you guys. I am back in school after a 8 month job placement. It was a reasonably physical job and not that I am sitting on my ass ~8 hours a day, I am starting to gain a bit of weight back (about 10 pounds in the last 2 months) that I was loosing for the last year or so. I am watching what I eat and the problem I am having is trying to feel full whilst keeping my macros from being 70% carbs.

With my schedule and situation, I can't really add an hour of light cardio into my gym sessions so should I just have an entire gym day devoted to cardio?

Thanks I'll replace leg extensions for leg press and move RDLs further up. Thanks!

My pre and post workout drinks have creatine (Didn't realize until today), are there any risks in taking this much?

Weight is solved by diet

Gotta change it up if you're more sedentary
Maybe more vegetable based snacks instead of anything else
And drink more water to fill yourself stomach
Eventually your hunger levels will readjust

Yeah, I meant light in a sense you can pull off more reps, not exactly light weights.

> Trap Squats
> Hack Squats

Btw, I don't think Squats are irreplaceable, especially not if you're doing lots of DL. Just do Leg Presses so Quads won't lag behind.

Just learned that I'm gonna be in a wedding after one of the groomsmen dropped out, and I am no where near where I want to be. The wedding is in 6 weeks. Obviously, for long term, I want to balance strength and cardio. But if I'm trying to shed weight in six weeks, how should I change my routine? Mostly cardio? Keep the balance? Just eat nothing but broccoli and menthols?

i squat on tuesday and saturday also in 5x5 and 5x10 range , its working so far and i am like a six months in and no sing of overtraining at all, but if you hate squats i recommend hack deadlift from the pins ,lunges with the barbell on the ground , RDLs and box jumps

get dehydrated the day before
and use drug to lmose faster

It's the hunger as well as dragging my ass. I am still a fatass but I was 270 or so and now down to 210-215. I just feel better all day if I have a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast rather than 3 eggs and a brotein shake.

I do need more veggies but I live in the frozen arctic tundra of Ontario Canada and veggies are fucking expensive during the winter.

Will benzos fuck with my gains?

Is there some truth to the whole no carbs in the evening thing? I´ve heard that it´s benefecial to your weight loss to you if you go without carbs for some hours.

Bonus question: what do you eat in case of munchies?

Not necessarily Veeky Forumsrelated, but it's self-improvement, so whatever.
How do I get back in the mood/habit of reading books? I used to read a lot, but ever since I started uni, got a laptop and moved in with my gf, I find myself only watching youtube or shitposting in my free time. Sometimes it's due to being tired of reading due to too many essays and such, but oftentimes it's just lazyness.
How do I get my reading habit back?

I like to read before going to bed.
Go to bed an hour earlier and read
It helps warm up the sheets too