Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/author/quotes/17212.Marcus_Aurelius
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Learn to use the situations around you for the better even if they are negative

oh god, she's a patrician too

>the cameraman poster

I think I just feel in love

read stoic philosophy

watch GoT and Breaking Bad, copy Stannis, copy Ned, copy Walter White.

Do your duty.

read Epictetus. Most people who like stoicism don't *really* mean stoicism. They mean the type of stuff that Marcus Aurelius wrote about. Marcus was very influenced by the stoics, but real stoicism has its own metaphysics which most people would totally reject.

Become a channel for the Logos

The metaphysics gives the framework for the ethics and Stoicism is an ethic's philosophy

I dont know about stoicism.

Im more emotional than a guys is suppose to be and Im afraid of it draining my drive to do anything, an empty shell

Embrace Catharsis

Why is this sjw curry bitch being posted everywhere?

she's a cutie

new waifu breh

>watching this garbage
>copying the characters
kys
These

shes not

stop

She is. Canada welcomes her

Recommended reads:

Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
Ryan Holiday - Obstacle is the way and Ego is the enemy

Ryan Holiday also has book called "The daily stoic", but I didn't come around to read it yet.

Good luck

My waifuposting is better.

>tfw to smart to be stoic

Would have figured Mike as more of the stoic.

Walter lacked composure, was constantly in fear, and let his pride and ego get in the way of everything.

Understand that there is a gap between the feedback entering your body, the reaction your mind has to that feedback, and the way you express it and interpret it. It's not a continuous chain outside of your own control. At several steps in the process there is time for you to contemplate how it is occurring.

For example, you hear someone's words/ /your mind reacts to those words/ /you take an action in return.

Realize also that you are objectively being more efficient by learning to express less energy as reactions to things in your environment that don't deserve them. IE rather than being explosively aggressive when someone insults you, ignore it and feel nothing. All of the emotional coping you might have done is gone, you don't have to waste time thinking about it, you're just done and moved past it and doing something more worthwhile.

Also read Epictetus for sure.

goodreads.com/author/quotes/17212.Marcus_Aurelius

Read meditations

>Lists Ryan Holiday's normieshit
>Doesn't list Seneca's moral letters to Lucilius

Get it together senpai

Didn't read them, so I can't recommend them. They are indeed on my reading list though.

>there are people here who havent read the Vedas, upanishads or the Baghavad Gita

gay

ayy lmao

How many shitting streets do I need to own to get a girl like this?

a single designated one should be enough

Yeah, read big E. Marcus Aurelius is nice and has pleasant flowery prose but it doesn't give you the real keys, it's a guy who could have been a poet trying to be a philosopher. He makes you think stoicism might be good.
Epictetus is dry as fuck, treats you like shit and spells everything out for you because he teached the actual thing. He makes a stoic out of you.

who is this semen demon?

What a shitty fucking meme this stoicism is.

Can you simplify what it means to be stoic to me, please?

I recommend about using a wide-band. Remember that for 1g of fuel you'll need about 15g of air. This should help you achieve stoic.

The distance between her eyes is approaching infinity breh

Alcohol baby af

This, 100%. I love you, bro.

;_;

who is she? s-she's beautiful.