Be complete out of shape dyel, first day at the gym

>be complete out of shape dyel, first day at the gym
>free training lesson, trainer is this big black guy
>he wants to show me machines, but I ask him to help me with weights instead and correct my form
>tells me not to go below the hips on squats
>tells me not to extend arms all the way on bench press
>tells me to do at least 15 reps of everything
>shows me deadlift and rows, his lower back is completely arched in and hyper-extended as fuck
>I end up literally teaching him how to lift

>below the hips on squat
What did he mean by this?

Generally trainers are people who look decent and know jackshit about lifting. It's the people's fault though, they'd rather listen to Jeff Said then fucking Sheiko.

>tells me to do at least 15 reps of everything
Serious question, why is 15 reps bad?

15 reps = low weight
low weight = no gainz

Isn't muscular endurance more useful in real world scenarios than strength?

no, no gainz is 6-8 zone

Such as?

Performing any physical activity like working in a warehouse all day or something like that. Strength could be good to impress others but that's about it.

because you're,to quote you, a "complete out of shape dyel". he wants to give you high rep machine exercise because they are safe and you'll become out of breath. he tells you to not go below parallel when you squat because you seem like you'd lack the necessary mobility and will injure yourself. the deadlift part could very well be retarded but regarding everything else - the guy works there he doesn't want to get fired for trying to make some unfit autismo go to snap city under his tutelage.

>lifting because it's useful

Strength allows you to lift the heavy stuff.

You are gonna look like a fat fridge if you go for low reps.

8+ reps for aesthetic gains only.

Muscular endurance is useful for building up a foundation before you lower volume and ramp up intensity.

So best thing to do is 15 reps while cutting and then switch to 5 reps once I'm at my target bodyfat?

Implying a dyel knows anything about lifting over a guy who clearly lifts.

Forgot one

>tells me to exhale while lifting

But that's wrong, he's seen me running and knows I have decent endurance, also I started squatting below parallel and he told me not to, no because I had bad form or anything.

But I do, I lurk Veeky Forums.

And btw the trainer was wearing really baggy shirt and shorts, but I could tell he just had huge delts and biceps and nothing else.

8+ reps is only good for a pump. No point getting a pump if you have no muscles. 3-6 reps for building mass. Once you have mass then you can do high reps

You have to find what works best for you, but In general

8-12 reps is for muscular endurance

6-12 for hypertrophy

1-5 reps for strength

No amount of reps is specific towards cutting, they're specific towards goals you set.

I would recommend finding a credible lifting program specific towards your lifting goals and incorporating light to moderate cardio of your choice.

To add on to that eat food that's nutrient dense such as fruit, peanut butter, whole wheat products, etc. Also, record your body weight in some way. Taking pictures is the best way to track progress.

>offering actual good advice on Veeky Forums

Sort out your life

> 3-6 reps for building mass

Now this is what I was expecting from the board i know and love

15 reps is cardio
7 reps does absolutely nothing, never do 7 reps it will be like you never lifted weights

>8-12 for muscular endurance
You're still lifting heavy. If you want to train muscular endurance for squats you do them as series of 50, not fucking 12.

How will you lift anything above 20kg for long period if the max that you ever lift is 20kg?

this

>I lurk Veeky Forums
oh boy, you think this qualifies you in any way? 90% of the shit posted here is a cirkeljerk by retards just like you.

NO. Do NOT do this. LIFT AT 5 REPS AND HEAVY WEIGHT WHILE CUTTING OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR STRENGTH AND BE GAY.

what did you expected from nigger

This guy decided to do cardio. Wanted to cut really bad. Thought hey ill just do 13 reps of everything, multiple sets, eat at a deficit...
He needed to lose weight for his fight, but he undershot his goal and now ....

Heartbreaking

>F U N C T I O N A L
>U N C T I O N A L
>N C T I O N A L
>C T I O N A L
>T I O N A L
>I O N A L
>O N A L
>N A L
>A L
>L

>S T R E N G T H
> T R E N G T H
> R E N G T H
> E N G T H
> N G T H
> G T H
> T H
> H

Aesthetics and functionality are the same thing unless you have shit taste.