Running with a partner advice

Hey Veeky Forums, I was talking with a friend and we decided to jog together, but because of IRL reasons we won't start now, only in a month. I kinda want this because it is one way to get closer to her.

Problem is, I am not fit at all, she seems to have been doing this for over one year and I have zero experience, in fact I've been sitting in front of a computer for most of my life.

What do I do? I will do anything possible during this one month to improve as much as possible, please guide me

you're fucked m8

she's gonna see how unfit you are and wonder what the fuck she's gotten herself into, especially when she has to wait for you to catch up every 2mins.

If you/her are from the UK give me her number I'll run with her instead ;^)

I'm not that bad

Just tried a treadmill today

I can keep 3.5mph for like 15 minutes comfortably, then I have to reduce to 2.7mph because my feet start to hurt so much

It's pretty uncomfortable, I think I could go faster and be much more comfortable if I was on foot, I feel all crunky on a small treadmill

One month user please help me

Isnt 3.5 like walking speed?

3.5 mph? Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have to travel by a scooter you fat fuck?

go lookup couch to 5k and you will be ready by then

It's fast walking speed, as I said it is very uncomfortable to do this in a treadmill.

I tried jogging and it was much more comfortable than walking at 3.5 but I kept losing balance and almost falling

Thanks user, I'll grab any possibilities

how can you be this new at life? the more days you spend asking retards for advice, the less youll get any shit done. get out, start running ffs.

I thought the people at Veeky Forums were good with this kind of stuff

again, you wont get better by reading things about how to "fast walk" - do it.

couch to 5k, she gave you a month to catch up.

get going fatty.

or kys before she realizes you are a disgusting piece of shit.

literally just start running. leave from your house right now, run until you can't run any more, then turn around, start walking back, and jog again when you can. rest for a day or two. do it again, but force yourself to go further. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat. enjoy your running gains

Not fat, just sedentary, I'll try that 5k one, am I supposed to run 5k without much effort? Because I've done 5k in the past in this treadmill once or twice, took like one hour though since fast walking speed and it costed me great effort, it'd be pretty ugly to do it in front of her

This might sound ridiculous but I am afraid of doing that because I think people will give me weird looks

how about you go ahead and kill yourself because you're going to half ass anything we suggest

Do the Couch to 5K as far as you can before then. Pic related.

Walk 5 minutes, then jog for X amount of minutes until you can't anymore, the walk 5 minutes for cooldown. Determine where you are on this chart from there (round down).

> This might sound ridiculous but I am afraid of doing that because I think people will give me weird looks

the only time anyone looks at a jogger, let alone strangely, is if they're an attractive fit girl... something i seriously doubt you are. stop being a selfcounscious bitch and JUST DO IT!!!!!

>only in a month
Are you fucking stupid? The answer is YES, you ARE FUCKING STUPID. Go run. You have a month. I went from desk to 5 miles in a couple weeks, so you have no excuse. Run like a mad man, and when you start jogging together, say 'oh lol I don't ever really run just doing this to get into shape, run slow or I wont be able to keep up', then run on her level, and she'll be impressed.

This

Will try, thanks! Will it be more efficient if I don't relax, or is relaxing part of the thing?

Relaxing is absolutely part of the thing, dont skip it

Relaxing is part of it. You need rest days to let your body recharge if you're pushing yourself to the max (which you should be). You will overtrain and burn out if you don't do rest days.

Have you got access to any trails or public footpaths near you? If you can get to some public rights of way in the countryside then you'll only have the sheep watching you. It might be a bit muddy this time of year but just get yourself a decent pair of trail shoes and you'll be fine.

Just start off with 1 minute running 2 mins walking and try to keep that up for a couple of miles. Then move onto 1:30 mins running 1 min walking etc. until you don't need the walking breaks anymore.

That's what I did when I first started running a few years ago and now I've got a sub 39 minute 10k and did a 12 hour ultra run last year.

And if you're near a parkrun get down there and give it a go. Free 5k weekly runs all across Britain and spreading around the world. The person who came last at my local one the other week was some landwhale who took 50 minutes but no-one cared. Also, once you've done 50 runs you get a free t-shirt. All you need is to print a barcode off their website and your're good to go.

we need pics of your boipucci first

that's how it works

whats your weight and height
if you are skinny it will be easier for you to get into a decent running condition
if you are fat then i have no idea why she said yes to running with you