Bench press walk of shame

So I did 205 lbs for 2 sets no spotter but the last set I dropped it on myself and had to wriggle free like an eel. I got someone to spot me and almost lost it again. It was a DYEL mode guy and I feel like he thought I was lifting too heavy because he said "that's over 200 lbs man".

So I went to the incline bench press did a few sets of 165 lbs, got brave tried 170 lbs pretty much couldn't hack it another walk of shame. Lowered the weight to 165 lbs again and lost it.

Then gymbros kept asking me for plates and I did tricep extensions in shame.

Should I feel proud of my new PR of 205 lbs or shame for failing a few sets?

Also embarrassing gym moments general I guess.

I-is it okay to cry right now bros? IDK how to feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you're training like a retard

I know the feel bruh, just don't ego lift thats the biggest reason for failed lifts in my opinion

Doing the Westside Barbell method you do sets of singles. I'm a powerlifting not a prettyboi bodybuilder.

Stronglifts 5x5 was a meme, a few months ago I was at a laughable bench press.

Just know your fucking limits and avoid those last reps man...

>doing Westside with no crew
Go to a real gym dude

I don't have any friends, and all the gyms here are for DYELs.

Soon I will be home gym masterrace when I can get some shekels from my father Mr. Goldstein

even as a powerlifter you're not supposed to fail all those sets you fucking retard. also you're not a powerlifter because you don't compete and you lift babyweight. you're also using the wrong program because you're a beginner

wow this

Failed 2 sets bro, first set was 185 for 2 reps, next 2 sets was singles of 205 lbs. If you want to be technical with a spotter I didn't fail the last set I almost did.

Then on incline bench I started with 118 lbs and went up to 170 lbs, failed 170 lbs set and then failed another set of 165 lbs.

205 lbs is still a lot more than I see at my gym I tell you hwat.

I been lifting for about a year now and have nearly intermediate lifts at my bodyweight of 200 lbs. So I don't see why I shouldn't do westside.

When I did 5 3 1 my 1RM dropped 25 lbs. And when I do stronglifts 5x5 its just such a meme and Medhi has a 405 lbs squat and the deepest good mornings I've ever seen.

And Starting Strength is a good basic strength program but its not a powerlifting one.

QED phaggit

And if you don't lift heavier than me then I don't care to hear your advice.

>Beats PR on two sets
>Fails one set
>Does another set and almost fails

Your arms were probably tired as fuck by this point. No wonder you lost it in the incline press.

did you do the original 5/3/1 without joker sets and FSL? because that version is designed for AIDS patients to run during their final hours

nobody else should attempt a routine with one working set a week

you did fail the last rep. a spotter helping you means you failed the rep.

a 205 lbs bench at 200lbs is weak.
i'm pretty sure you're just trolling me so i don't feel like responding to anything else

6'3"

I failed a 135 bench, last set last rep
Promptly did roll of shame.

Also failed 225 squat onto the safeties
Didn't really care because halfway through failing (while trying to do everything I could to lift the weight) I finally figured out how to brace my core properly.

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html

I'm 10 lbs away from an intermediate lift. If you want to be an asshole, then 20 lbs.

That's not far to go. And I'll do it and I'll come back here and make a thread that says "hey user remember that time you said I was weak?"

And you'll call me weak again.

So I'll keep increasing my bench and lifts and keep reposting it. And everytime you call me weak I'll be that much more motivated to prove you wrong.

So keep putting me down as much as you can because anger fuels me.

>Being this sperg
user you really shouldn't be using weights that you're failing on, there's no way WSB says to train to failure ever. And the absolute amount of weight you move is irrelevant, but being this argumentative when you're clearly uninformed on the matter isn't going to make people want to help.

I can't remember a single month of my lifting career in which I haven't had an embarrassing failure on the bench and I've been lifting for 2 years now

The most I've ever dropped on my chest is 125kg and it was not a comfortable experience

205@200lbs is very bad

I do 250@150lbs for 4-5reps and I consider myself a newbie. I also dont do retarded "powerlifter routines".
Just do fucking 6-12 reps and progress with progressive overload.
Also lift in a god damn cage if you are afraid of failing...

fuck this board, god damnit

You obviously have low self esteem user to consider that a newbie lift at your bodyweight. That's an advanced lift for your bodyweight and you should feel proud.

not any of those people.

Am I the only one who thinks that unless you post a video of you executing the lift your estats should just be disregarded?

Yes I know I went too heavy today and failed 2 sets it's important to keep going not give up. Not listen to the naysayers.

My program is a modified one of the WSB method from a competitive strongman I know on a somewhat personal level.

>Repping 200lbs at 150 requires evidence
Yeah man, that's some cuurrrrraaaaahhhzzyy weight he's throwing around. No way you can just take what he says on it's own.

He claimed to rep 250 for 4-5 @150lbs
Which would make him a somewhat advanced lifter for his weight. And thus require proof.

If the numbers were average or intermediate I wouldnt give a shit.

that's baby weight faggot I'm 130 lbs and do that for 10 reps at least. and I still consider myself a beginner