Tfw its ohp day

tfw its ohp day

Stop using porcelain plates.

>tfw can ohp 1pl8 but my bench is only 1pl8

>not doing low weight high volume

Ok so Sunday is OHP day for me. Yesterday I PR'd 185 but I am not happy about it.

Help me fit. If I give it some more attention, how long until 2pl8.

I could barely hold 185 overhead for 15 seconds without shaking violently.

I'm finally in a gym with a rack and looking forward to OHP gains.

I had to clean it before and could never lift lmao1plate, now let's see.

??????

how is this even possible

I am the same, 70kg Bench and 60kg OHP ....
ITS FUCKED For us beginners

>tfw stuck at 1pl8

>Plates that go to pi
What do you tell someone if that's all you can OHP?

>1pl8 ohp
>2pl8 squat
>3pl8 deads
>still barely able to bench 165 3x5
>My left arm just won't fucking get stronger and keeps holding me back
AAAAAAAAAAA

>pi
That's 力

> tfw had to go back from 57.5kg OHP to 52.5kg because i kept fucking failing my 5 rep set at 57.5

> mfw was so close to 1pl8 and had to go back

>Stuck at 95lb for 5x5 for the past year

Feeling 力, buddy?

push press is not ohp user

This is what im talking about

no hips used i mean

If your The Press is remotely close to your bench, it means you're not doing one of them right.

I have this 2 days this week rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeerr

I had a similar problem

try doing decline bench as an accessory, also increase volume for your working OHP sets

another strategy you could try is doing push press for a heavier weight than you can OHP but taking the negatives REAL slow.

>decline bench

My OHP 1RM is 185, my Bench 1RM is 275.

Is this balance?

Goal: 2/3/4/5 by end of year.

>Stalling at 115 lbs 5x5
>Cutting
Will I have to wait until I bulk again to progress

Not doing high weight for low reps & high volume
Leaving gains behind

When you can do 8-12 triples at about 80%+ 2-3x/week, shit starts happening. Used a similar strategy on bench and un-fucked some tricep pain that had been holding me back.

>shit starts happening
kek

dumbbells

same

I'm serious.
Most people recommend to low of a volume/intensity relation ship for shoulders. This holds some people back in bench bc they never get the strength there to stabilize either the tris or chest (depending on which is dominant for you)

Veeky Forums tends to have tunnel vision regarding rep schemes

dunno, i've done what you say.
didn't help me much besides getting really good at triples.

Low rest periods. Squats are about the only thing I'll rest more than 2 minutes on

tried that too.
got my work capacity up nicely.
after doing it for some time, I didn't feel exhausted after sets anymore.

didn't get stronger or bigger though.

Odd, I usually know that I'm on point with the weight for that day because the fatigue steadily builds. To halfway is not hard, and then each last rep gets a bit mentally tougher.

I will agree with you on the work capacity. I can get exhausted, but I've run 5-7x/week using schemes like this, and dual/triple progressions. Chews up time, but damned if it didn't self-correct problems I didn't know I had.

Peaking afterwards is a bitch.

I'm just a 幸せ guy

i don't really see the point in doing a scheme like that.

what do you think the point is?

Same here bros. I do strict OHP.

I guess my pectum excavatum is fucking up my chest gains. Viewed from the side it looks like I don't even train chest

I get high intensity + high volume + quick recovery
Pair it with a closing accessory or two and tailor it

Well, it's not really possible to have high intensity and volume, and quick recovery.
Sure, a scheme like that increases work capacity, but that's not the same as recovery.
If you're doing 8~12 triples a session, 5~7 times a week, the intensity can't be high.

I meant, what's the point in doing a scheme like that, as in, what's the goal?
It won't help much with mass gain, and to help with strength gains, at some point you've gotta increase the intensity.
So it seems fine for an intermediary phase between hypertrophy and strength phases.
But that's just a small part of a total program...

I can barely do the bar for ohp. Not too sure about my bench PR but I do sets of 45kg.

Should I just end it now?

135 ohp for reps
205 bench for reps
275 squat for reps
325 deadlift for reps...

2 3 4 is still so far away.

How long did 185 take? I would estimate that it will take at least that long again to hit 225

I'm growing increasingly worried
>always bench 1pl8, never goes up or down
>OHP has been going up slowly, its almost up to 115
Am I gonna implode once I reach 1pl8ohp

5-7 total sessions across all lifts
each lift gets hit 1-3x/week, depending on needs
wave the fatigue

I did say I add in accessory work as needed, so there's the hypertrophy. I do wave the weight up & down as well as rest periods. It doesn't quite do the same thing as a standard BB pump, but for that I'd tend to use a rep pyramid (short rest again) before swapping back to triples.

I realize that unless I laid out everything it's not going to be clear, but my job can be up to 80hrs/week, so I manage around that. It's a bit more planned out than RPE/autoregulation stuff, but there's nothing too advanced about it.

Except for peaking. I hate peaking shit, so I just tend to swap out lifts.

ah, this makes a lot more sense now you've explained it better.

The pyramid is awesome if you've never tried something like that. I initially got into that to manage fatigue during squatting and still get in a dense volume/time. My surprise was that it works fucking wonders for some other things like curls & pullups.

Deadlifts are a different story. Once did a Steve Justa inspired setup & DLed every day for 6 months. It's not too different than a squat everyday setup, but damned if doesn't start asking if they can work in at some point, and often

At what bodyweight? How long you been lifting?

I have to assume you're a hungry hungry skeleton or started 2 weeks ago.

Fuck me I am sharing a cambodian finger painting enthusiast forum, in the so called fitness subforum, with people who think they "lift" and cannot press 60kg above their head.

>I have to assume you're a hungry hungry skeleton or started 2 weeks ago.
you are so fucking delusional holy shit

I don't bench only OHP for me

Because I can't comprehend how anyone with a healthy adult male body can't bench more than 60kg and has been lifting regularly has such bitch stats?

You're fucking delusional if you think you "lift"

50kg OHP
60kg bench

think I've managed to narrow down the problem to bar path and elbow to bar positioning, I'm used to going straight up and down as well as having the elbows in front of the bar and not under it

I'm currently 6'0 180, and I must be absolutely genetically fucked, I bulked to 210 and I still stuck with 1pl8 bench while my other lifts exploded.
I've been lifting about a year and a half now, maybe more.

>Because I can't comprehend how anyone with a healthy adult male body can't bench more than 60kg and has been lifting regularly has such bitch stats?
>can't comprehend that not all people are the same
you fail as a human bean

M8 have someone competant assess your technique. You're not a little guy and you should be able to do well beyond 1plate after that long. At 210 I would have thought a BW bench press is not out of the question.
>I'm a special snowflake and all of the empirical data used for models on strength standards etc etc don't apply because I'm so unique.

I stand by my original point. Unless you're quite small-framed to begin with, or you're new to lifting, a 1 plate OHP is a goal you not be struggling with long term, and a 1 plate bench is a milestone you can quite possibly reach the first time you lie down on a bench.

145 lb., 5'6" manlet here. I managed to clean-and-strict OHP 155 lbs. for 3 reps while unequipped the other week. I laid the bar down gently afterwards too.

It felt awesome since the strict OHP is criminally underrated--in my gym at least. Everyone just wants to jerk the goddamn bar and try to be the next Ilya Ilyin.

I wouldn't mind that, big shoulders make up for chest, look at oly lifters