antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression

Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs

www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab

www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

/bwg/ dead once again

are side hollowbody holds a thing
looking for some extra work to help with flags

how are side hollow body holds going to help with flags?
maybe you mean side lever? still don't know how it would help, are you doing hollow body holds? because those should help with flags, along with front lever

yea side levers, usually hear them called human flags.
idk, its one of my goals right now and im just looking for stuff to help with it

Hey BWG.
I'm a former fitizen that lost many gaines during his final-exams semester a year ago. Since then, I lost all will to work out and I'm back to skinnyfat/ottermode. Because bodyweight exercises can be done at home with the things I have, I like to give it a try. Thing is, I have some doubts, so please answer my questions:
>Does workouts take more time as those in a gym (1-1,5h for me)
>Is 3x a week enough or do I need more training days?
>Are there recommended Apps to help with your workout? E.g. Calculating reps, counting time in a planche or telling you when you can try the next level etc.

ah, in future specify, I thought you were talking about dragon flags

if you want help with side lever, the progression for is in Foundation

>Does workouts take more time as those in a gym (1-1,5h for me)
I am on the same 'lazy' mindset, I work out at home and do Foundation (4 out of 7) with some weightlifting, my work out length depends on how far in progression I am, when you need to do 4x48s it takes longer than 3x12s, obviously.
My average work out can take up to an hour, but that's because I rest 5mins after lifting, so if I'm doing 5 sets that's 25mins of resting, most often I play vidya or watch a movie during rests.
But the main benefit is that you don't spend time going to/from gym, plus you can workout in your underwear, lul.
>Is 3x a week enough or do I need more training days?
Foundation has a few schedules you can follow, 3/4/5days a week, the fewer days you train the more exercises will be crammed into that day, so if you want short work outs, 4days are best middle ground, 5days only have weekend to rest so it might be hard if you have trouble recovering (I know I need that off day on wednesday)
>Are there recommended Apps to help with your workout? E.g. Calculating reps, counting time in a planche or telling you when you can try the next level etc.
I only use alarm app with timers for static holds (36s 48s 60s I count slowly for timers 12s and 24s)

>be NEET.
>haven't done pushups in years.
>had to resort to doing half push up sets.

feels bad.

no worries senpai, I started Foundation that has you do push ups with hands nearly at chest level, now I'm up to Pseudo Planche Pushups desu

What rest time should I use for pushups if I want strength ? Is there any big differences in impact with rest time (for example 1min is strength, and 2min is muscle mass) ?
At the moment I do decline pushups 25*4+20*3 with 2 minutes rest time between each set.

gotta star somewhere senpai

im like 1.5 months in a finally dips dont feel like im gonna break my face open when i do them now that my stability has improved

also did 6 full pullups yesterday. feels great mang

Mike Patton once held a dragon flag at a 5 degree angle from the bench for 6 minutes and 12 seconds

Some say he does this on a daily basis and it's the secret to his unrivalled core muscles

honestly sounded like something from a magazine.

i'm sure there are a lot of things that come into play to the "secret" of him doing a dragon flag in such a fashion

hes a big guy

>25*4+20*3
are you doing 20+ sets? wtf
if you want bent arm strength, after normal push ups comes pseudo planche push ups.

The whole 'strength' argument is mute, if you do 5x15 push ups or 5x5 with added weight you are going to be stronger either way, from another thread with some article links, 5mins rest time was quoted as being most optimal, if we are going there.

keep going senpai

if you are new, it's a bw meme some trolls keep spamming, same to 'is this natty' meme for lifting

Can anyone confirm if this is true?
That's incredible

Sorry about the confusion, I do 4 sets of 25 decline pushups and then 3 sets of 20 decline pushups.
Is the 5 minutes rule applicable to most bodyweight exercices ? That really seems like a lot by the way but I'm not very knowledgeable so I'll take your word for it. Is there any advantage/disadvantage prioritizing shorter rest times ?

A feat almost as astounding as the sheer aesthetics of the man himself

5minute rule is for exercises when you get exhausted, if you do 25 reps, can you do 26? if so then you don't need to rest that long, for bodyweight stuff you only rest for the amount of time you do your mobility, that's why I recommend following Foundation. Ofcourse sometimes you get super exhausted and need a breather, but in general when your work load is low you are fine with that program, stamina wise, unless you just started.
But like I said, doing more than 15reps is a 'waste' even Foundation that is basics for Gymnastics, where you need high stamina, don't recommend going over 5x15reps for dynamic movements.

Alright, thanks lad.

Hey /bwg/

> be me, 21yo
> been doing rings for 6 months now
> fairly strong, can do muscle ups, 12+ very wide pullups, hold a one leg front lever 6 seconds (well I suck at the back lever progressions but that's another story)
> fucked my bicep tendon doing chest flies with poor form
> fucked my elbow tendons doing strict muscle ups with REALLY poor form
> currently living in ice and strengthening my shoulders with bands

How should I follow Foundation when I come back? Also, has anyone followed Antranik's Steady State Training Cycle for Static Holds? It seems to be a really smooth (though slow) progressions..!

Have no advice for biceps, but I fucked up my triceps a few years ago, doing push ups relieved the pain and now if I go without triceps exercise for a few weeks the pain comes back.

Were you doing any mobility exercises? I fucked up most of my shit while doing Foundation from mobility exercises...

Yeah my shoulder mobility is pretty good, I was always doing dislocations for it.

How did you fuck up your triceps ?

6hours of smithing sat/sun for 2months ...
yea my shoulder mobility is lacking, fucked up right one doing table holds and just last week doing reverse xiaopeng (or w/e it's spelled)

Holy smokes!!