QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT

I'm doing a PPLxPPL split every week but I'm only able to go 5 days a week. So instead of just resetting and missing one day a week, I continue it from the last week, meaning I don't have any certain days in the week where I do certain exercises, I just follow from where I left off. Is this alright to do? Are m'gains going to be compromised?

Do PPLxUL instead.

/thread

Probably this.

The whole point of a ppl split is to avoid over-training individual muscle groups, and your original plan is essentially just allows more recovery time. You will only 'compromise' gains in the sense that you might not progress as fast as you could.

ty brah

So does getting proper nutrition even matter? For my first 3 months I ate clean close to maintenance calories. Now I'm bulking eating whatever the fuck is want and been making more gains.

Look up PHAT

Day 1: Upper Body Power
Day 2: Lower Body Power
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy
Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
Day 7: Rest

What's the "best" pre-workout?

I've been using C4 but I heard it has a harmful chemical that's been banned or something.

Is that true or should I just keep using it?

So I fell for a similar lifting program to ss plus GOMAD. My lifts are really good but my body looks like absolute garbage (Pic related, one years "progress"). Should I just go on a huge cut and follow a similar strength related workout to maintain my strength or should I switch it up and maybe add a little bit of cardio? Also yeah I know I'm genetically fucked but I may as well try and look as good as I can.

What was the program? Why were you doing a beginner program for 12 months?

Caffeine.

Just like any energy drink, it's pretty much the sugar and caffeine that make you feel alert, and everything else is broscience.

What are your lifts?

My lifts center around Squat Bench and Deadlift Monday Wednesday Friday and I do core Tuesday Thursday. It was the program from the club rugby team I joined and I wanted to gain weight but It ended up just making me look like shit. The program was just very similar to ss due to the use of lots of compound lifts and a large focus on weight gain for me.
It wasn't so much of a beginner program as it was a program that focused on athleticism over aesthetics. I am graduating soon and won't be playing rugby this year so I was wondering how I could fix my routine/ what the fuck I should do.

Is casein a meme

> is (thing) a meme
The answer is always yes

Lifting has given me some joint/tendon issues ie rotator cuff discomfort, some knee and back pain that I'd like to address when I turn in my natty card (test). From what I've seen, it seems like deca would be beneficial to me in that regard. Anybody else have suggestions?

More front delt exercises should help

Protein powder expired January 2016, still take it?

I like the Vega sugar free energy.

The caffeine is actually from a better source (matcha), and keeps my stress levels down.

depends, if it is best before, then it is okay to still consume, just not as 'effective'.

I doubt the protein will denature rapidly after a specific date. This is more applicable for the synthetic flavoring.

I'll give that a shot, thanks

Generally don't take advice like this, rotator cuff could be a variety of things from overactive pecs to under active lower traps, your better getting assessed properly by a Physo, lest you follow random advice from a fitness board and end up really fucking yourself up later.

Squat 5RM ~245
Dead 5RM ~325
That's on separate days. Started a new routine last month where squats (4x8) are followed by deadlift (2x12). I can hit 4x8 @205 on squats no problem, but then i'm fairly gassed to the point that i can only hit 2x5 @245 on deads. What the fuck? I don't feel like i'm really getting much out of cardio reps on deadlift.

Am i fighting my ego or should i change up the order/reps?

Probably the best option kek. I haven't seen any doctors about it, so far I've just been focusing on warmups, flexibility, and proper form but it still bugs me

I'm going into hospital next week and I cannot find the key for my cock cage
think my ex might still have it
wat do?

Fighting your ego. Lower deadlift weight to 225

I pulled a fucking lat or something doing bench press. This might take awhile to get better. I was doing starting strength. Don't really want to just sit around for 4 weeks or however long it takes. Can't even do back squats right now. What should I do? I might be able to do front squats. Should I just do cardio and front squats? Is there anything that I can do for upper body that won't use my lat in any way?

I'm cutting and don't really have many options for breakfast tomorrow unless I go buy stuff in the morning. Should I eat a bagel and drink coffee or eat some raisin bran cereal?

pls respond. I'm getting frustrated. Lifting is one of the only things I enjoy.

Same as Genrely give it a week and go in and do upper body work but really light and see how it feels, any pain/loss of mobility/significantly weakness and Physo for full assessment, don't want to get a Permanent injury when you just starting strength.

I've already given it a week. went today and tried real low weight on the bench. now it hurts again.

When it happens was there a pop or feeling somthing move in the muscle?
Any swelling/lack of mobility?

When do I stop ss?Been 6 months and lifts are stalling.

nah. just sharp pain when I unracked it today. that's why i figure it's my lat. otherwise it's just kinda sore and stiff and only sharp when i would use the muscle. Today the soreness was pretty much gone and I had to put my shoulder blades together and shrug down to make it feel weird. wasn't really pain just slight discomfort. now it's back to being a little sore and the sharp pain is back when i move it right. i don't know. figure it's just pulled and i'll need to not use it for longer. just trying to figure out what to do in the meantime.

Haven't stopped bulking since when I started going to the gym about 6 months ago. When should I stop?

Sounds like a grade 1-2 strain, google active mobility and do that for a while. But I would still go to a Physo, better than /fit for treatment of injurys brah

What is a "bro split"? and if it makes you aesthetic af, why don't I just start with splits instead of a noob program?

>idgaf about strength

2-6 weeks of rest. oh well. I guess I'll take a break. no reason I can't get my noob gains back later.

>2 days ago
>5 reps of squads and benche
>no problem
>add 2.5kg today
>3 reps of squads, bailed out
>3 reps of benche, got stuck under bar

y dis hapen

Don't worry. Doctor's have special equipment for that. Happens all the time. (You might have to change the locks next time though.)

Neither. Just scramble some eggs (or egg whites if your macros fit it.)

Been doing SS then lift stalled? Keep going and/or switch to SL.
Been stalling for 6 months? Should've switched to SL 4 months ago.

When you can no longer see your abs.

"Bro splits" also usually consist of high reps. You can't high rep 135lbs deadlift if you can't even do 1rep of 170lbs. And you don't get 170lbs without strength foundation.

Question: What's fit's opinion on asymmetric loading on Farmer's Walk and/or Deadlift holds for core strength.

>135lbs deadlift
*meant to say OHP.

increase weight in increments of 1.25kg. Also, use freedom units to maximize gains.

How many 2.5 g tablets should I take daily?

I'm doing icf 5x5 and i've recently switched from 5x5 to 3x5 on the heavy compounds for more sustainable progression (still 3x8 on isolations), is this ok or will I get less gains?

What squat style is easier on the knees? High bar or low bar?

>inb4 squats arent bad for your knees

I know they're not. But they're still stressful. Stress builds strength, yes. But which style of squatting has the knees more vulnerable or have a higher chance of injury?

Have any of you tried HMB and if so what were the results (if any)? Just read Greg Nuckols article on it and I'm conflicted.

I dropped my scooper in the shake, what do i do?

IIFYM

change it each week so like PPLXPPXX then take off from where you left it so LPPXPPXX etc

Is there even any point training for strength when on a cut? I'm on a slow cut, and about to finish my 3rd cycle of 5/3/1, and this would be the first time I squatted above my previous 1rm, by 2.5kg, and I failed. After 3 months of this routine, I would've thought it'd have increased, even on a slow cut, but it didn't.

Should I change the routine?

what weights are you at on the main 4?
i'm on icf too.

>When you can no longer see your abs.
My body puts all the fat on love handles and gut.
Therefore, if I can't see the abs, arms and legs etc. will still remain skelly as hell with no fat.

Got a couple of questions:

is it normal to scrap your shins when doing DLs? I don't mind if it is, i just want to make sure i'm doing them right

It got to the point today where i had to stop with one set left because my shins were on fucking fire. Not bleeding or anything serious but it has ripped a bit of skin here and there and it hurts

Question 2: would buying long sweatpants help?

Is tiny trips push/pull program any good? What's the best 4-day split in your opinion?

What exactly is the use of training traps? Besides it looking absolutely ridiculous

Accessory trap work can assist your deadlifts

fat comes of the midsection last on every human male
sorry, but there's nothing special about you that prevents you from becoming fit
you will remain skinny fat unless you improve your nutrition and exercise

I'm skinny fat, only have fat on my lower abs
I want to be able to see my abs but I don't want to look like an actual anorexic, it's hard

No I meant that it's been 6 months since I started ss and and my lifts are beginning to stall.Do I just stick with it and increase lifts by 2.5lbs or switch programs?

I just recently added hip adduction to my routine, and my legs quiver like crazy. I know this is normal, but when does this stop, and is there anything I can do to help it?

How big of a deal is it if my ass comes off the bench a little when I'm benching heavy? I know it's improper form but does it really matter that much?

Why are you straining your lats that much during bench and back squats? they shouldnt be hit that hard to get pulled. You are either mis identifying what the lat is or you arent using proper form. Your lats shouldnt hurt from back squats.

It doesn't matter much.
Make sure your feet are firmly planted and you arch your back. Should fix most of your form.

Depends on how much you are cutting. Im overweight by 20 lbs from being fat my whole life. Im content to not hit prs to continue losing weight. If you are trying to not be fat just keep cutting and maintaining your strength then when you hit your body weight goal do a small bulk to hit new prs.
Yes it can happen. I do sweatpants and it helps but use neosporin and lotion to keep it healthy if it tears skin.
Traps are also biggest back muscle and can really help with any pulling motion.
You need to have low body fat for abs but you an also train them. Do plank, captains chair, and your gym will probably have an ab pulldown machine. That will help but it ultimately comes down to lower body fat. Most abs you see are just anorexic guys like you said. But get a low body fat and train them and you an look thick and juicy with abs.

Cool. The way people on body building talk about it makes it seem like your committing a mortal sin and your chest won't ever get big

Bench isnt that great for chest growth anyway. Most people accidentally shift weight from chest to arms. Do dips and dumbbell bench press. As well as light dumbbell or cable flies.

I've read dips are good, but you need to lean forward to work the chest more than the triceps, right?

Yea leaning forward is more chest, straight back in triceps. I actually struggle to lean forward during dips so I just do the dumbbell press and flies instead.

I've been doing PPL for a couple of months now, I haven't noticed any real increase in definition or muscle growth.

So here's the routine:
PUSH: A Bench press 5x5 (+DS) DB incline bench 4x10 Cable flies 4x12 Chest dips 3x15 Lateral raises 4x12 Face pulls 3x15 Chest press 3x15 Tricep rope 4x15 Skullcrushers 4x12

PULL: A Deadlift 5x5 BB rows 4x10 Straight Rows 4x10 Lat pulldowns 4x10 Preacher curls 4x12 Incline DB curls 4x12 Hammer curls 4x12

LEGS: A Squats 5x5 SL deadlifts 4x10 Leg press 4x10-15 Ham curls 4x12 Quad extensions 4x12 Seated calf raise 4x16 Other calf raise 2x20

PUSH: B Incline bench 5x5 (+DS) Flat bench 4x10 DB flies 4x12 Chest dips 3x15 Lateral raises 4x12 Face pulls 3x15 Chest press 3x15 Tricep rope 4x15 V-bar tricep 4x12

PULL: B Deadlift 5x5 DB rows 4x10 Straight Rows 4x10 Lat pulldowns 4x10 Preacher curls 4x12 Incline DB curls 4x12 Hammer curls 4x12

LEGS: B Squats 5x5 Weighted lunges 4x10 Leg press 4x10-15 Ham curls 4x12 Quad extensions 4x12 Seated calf raise 4x16 Other calf raise 2x20

I do the first 3 ppl week 1, second week 2, then repeat. I feel like I haven't progressed at all =/ Also my lifts are hilariously weak, because grill

What should I do about db OHP and db front squats in the same workout? Should I focus on squats first, then rest and do OHP, maybe doing one exercise then the other?

I've been lifting seriously about 2 months and did calisthenics for 3 before that. I was 5'9", 160lb at about 18-20%bf and I'm now 150lb at about 15%bf. I want to look good during the summer. How much longer should I bulk before cutting(bfffulking 2 months so far)?

Are you actually challenging yourself with the weight? When I was weak I wouldn't have even been able to complete those workouts, but I'm a guy

>lifts are hilariously weak, because grill
This does actually affect your gains, girls have different muscle growing abilities.

You do have pull abilities on a push day. Lateral raises arent push they're more pull, face pulls are obviously pull. You also look like you are doing too much each day.

Deadlift 5x5 is a bit brutal and you are doing them 4x10 again later in the week. You might be spreading yourself too thin that you cant get enough energy to make an increase.

If you are just starting try:

Push: Bench of some kind 3x5, flies 3x5, ohp 3x5

Pull: Rows 3x5 or deadlift 2x5, lat pull down 3x5, curls until fail.

Legs: Squat 3x5, good mornings 3x5/lighter deadlift 3x5, lunges 3x5.

Cardio throughout as you feel.

They arent using the same muscle as the primary lifter so it mainly depends upon how much energy you have in a single workout. I often do OHP and squats on same day and Ill do a light OHP load then do my squats then finish with the rest of my OHP sets.
You lost weight on a bulk? If you want to look good for summer drop down to 10% bf and then continue lifting with a healthy diet. you can start your first bulk this fall.

I have just started taking pre workout and I don't feel any difference in energy, I don't drink coffee or energy drinks because I don't need the cafine since I have enough energy on my own. I tried 1 scoop and 2 scoops.

Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work for every person? pic related, it's the one I bought.

No I was on a cut during the 3 months of calisthenics where I got down to 143lb. Past 2 months I bulked up to 150 while lifting weights.

Oh ok. I wouldnt bulk anymore if you are just starting. Noob gains can help you gain muscle even on a cut for a while. You can maintain a low bf for summer while also making gains. 6-9 months from now you might need to eat more to gain new prs.

Should I stick to maintenance maybe for 2 more months then cut? My lifts hardly improved when I tried a cut.

That would probably work. I cut slowly so I would start in about a month but you know your body better and that can work.

that is the weakest pre workout you can buy from my experience.

Yeah, I do. I ramp up to max on almost everything, honestly. These workouts are very hard but on my off days I'm not really that sort, and I've noticed a decrease in definition after these off days. Also got this from someone on here

Yeah I know, some of the exercises are off so I didnt think this was a very rigid push/pull split, more so for muscle mass gains. I've been weight lifting for about a year now, so I am still pretty much just starting.
I do regular deadlifts 5x5 but RDLs (it says SL diddlies but I don't have anyone helping me and didn't want to fuck up my back so RDLs it is plus muh glutes) aren't that hard and I go lighter on them.

Yeah I know girls gain muscle much slower, but I have no idea what to do about that.

Thanks for the advice user, I will give that a try. Why the low amount of exercises in what you recommended? Also I've gone way up on DL and squat (up to 130 on both, I weigh 115), but pretty much only gone up ~5lbs on anything upper body in ~2 months.

Anyone? I really want to know if I wasted money or if I'm just retarded and did something wrong or something

I'll do that then, my deficit was about 700 calories too so that might have been a problem.

Does Veeky Forums eat raw eggs? Can it be dangerous?

Anyone take HMB, and what were the effects?

how do i go about eating this?

anyone have a decent diet plan to get these macros?

Fugg, any recomendations on a pre workout that's at least ''okay'' and doens't have any harmful chemicals or is that just part of what makes a good pre workout?

Nobody needs that much protein.

is the tdee calculator lying to me

no, it's not hard. it's physically challenging. there's a difference. the other user said do planks and abs and lower your bf%. correct. you'll sweat and strain.
the important part is the decision to stop thinking it's hard and start thinking that you're in control, working it, and going to improve

Enjoy your nogains.

Deadlift even light can tire out your cns quite rapidly. If you are doing RDLs for your butt good mornings and hip thrusts with donkey kicks on the cable machine will get a better butt result faster. As for gaining muscle slower, you cant do much other than roids which I dont recommend you do unless you want to look like a guy.
normal cuts are like 500 cal deficit. That might be why you feel so tired when doing lifts. Alternatively you cut faster so its a toss up for you to make.
TDEE calculators suck. To get protein easily though look at greek yogurt. 23g per 130 calories for 1 cup.

I can make noob gains on a 700 calorie deficit as long as I get enough protein in, right?

>pic unrelated

I know, but I was just sick of being skinnyfat and went on a big cut.

Yeah thats fine. Its up to you to weigh the balance of losing fat vs gaining prs. Both are worthwhile things.

Weight going down, lifts going up, looking fatter. What?

what is PPLxPPL can someone explaine ?

>I just recently added hip adduction to my routine, and my legs quiver like crazy. I know this is normal, but when does this stop, and is there anything I can do to help it?
pls halp

Visceral fat. If overweight and training abs your stomach will actually look fatter.
Push, Pull, Legs. You hit each type of muscle movement in each one without tiring other muscles.
lower weight maybe, it stops when the weight is easier to move.

Pic related

Anyrhing I should change?
ABxABxx

>A
> BB Flat Bench 3×8
> BB Incline Bench 3×8
> Deadlift/row 3×8
> DB Curls 3×8
> DB Overhead press 3×8
> Tricep Extention 3×8
> DB shurgs 3× 12
> Weighted Pullups 3×fail

>B
> Leg Extention 3×12
> Lying leg curl 3×8
> Lunges 3×8
> Standing calf raises 3×20

A will probably tire you out. Bench, row/deadlift, ohp and pullups will be bit much.

You also dont have squats on B.