Well guys, I just joined Planet Fitness

Well guys, I just joined Planet Fitness.

Should I kill myself now, or should I do it in the gym?

If by "in the gym" you mean Planet Fitness, then yes

What do broke niggas do when they can't afford a real gym? Isn't a shitty gym better than no gym?

Working out at home is better than going to a shitty gym.

No, go to the PF near you and so you don't waste 10 dollars a month

I mean I'd rather have machines and dumbbells than just doing pushups and sit ups, right?

make whatever gains you can with what they have available. you made your bed, now put it on your back and squat it. preferably for three sets of five reps

My only qualm is that they don't seem to have a squat rack. Will I get the lunk alarm called on me if I try squatting with another person, or one of the machines on my back?

you're shit outta luck, senpai. everybody knows those fuckers don't have any racks or barbells.

What I'd try and do is bulgarian split squats with their dumbbells. because it's unilateral, you don't need as much weight as if you were doing bilateral squats.
Additionally, as you fatigue with that, you could do a mechanical dropset and switch to DB goblet squats or DB sumo squats for a more physically advantageous variant of squats with a heavier weight from a fatigued state.
you're really boned for DLs tho. there's just not a good way to replicate them without a barbell, and I can't imagine smith machines are any good as a replacement

I had no idea that they didn't have that stuff until I'd decided it was what I was going with.

DB deadlifts are kind of a thing, but they pretty much suck as far as I've tried them. Maybe I could do back extensions and hamstring curls on a machine. I fucking hate machines but I'd rather make due than just sit around and get out of shape again.

Eat yourself to death at the buffet table

Oh God. I can't stay out of shape. I used to be so good about working out and not eating shit until my gf broke up with me.

I can't go back to being a sad sack of shit ;-;

My blood pressure jumped just seeing that..jesus christ PF is shit

>come in
>coffee PWO
>lift heavy
>grab a couple pumpernickel bagels
>take the quart of milk
>postworkout bulking meal

I LOVE PLANET FITNESS.

Dont worry, PF is great, an excellet starter gym.
I moved for my new job, and now I can lift more...... but I actually hate Golds Gym.... its dirty, gross, excessively over packed, shitty locker rooms.... yes they have 1... rack of heavier dumbells... and 1 real squat rack.................. ......... did i say i miss PF even though I lift heavy????

I've only been to a Golds Gym once. It was almost similar to the planet fitness I'm at now, with the only difference being a pretty small free weights section near the back.

It wasn't terrible at all, really. It just seemed very ill-equipped for such a large and well known gym.

Smith Deadlifts, Smith Rackpulls, Dumbell bench, Smith seated ohp, smith kroc row. Smith 1 arm DL. Smith zercher squat... do what u must. Also cables.

PF is fine. Just a meme here and on reddit.

>Whole milk

Jesus christ

still wondering what the yellow shit in the plastic cups maybe. I assume the white is cream cheese and the red one is jam.

Hahaha what kind of place is this?

planet fitness, where they feed the fatties so they stay customers forever