drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLSHl5UWt2Z09LVE0/view?ths=true
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbmVOCBKbY8bDOVjO5lNThwKOkthaHi1sX0o6PsixJc/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BWu8oSQ9htB91Yjo6pP5XX8qrk-mbUNax_rvEcEf4H8/
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLYkVmb3prYWt1OWM/view?ths=true
britishpowerlifting.org/documents/290_2017_british_bench_press_results.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
goodlift.info/lifter.php?lid=5936
saltoalto.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/05/26/ela-e-campea-mundial-de-levantamento-de-peso-mas-faz-faxina-para-competir/
jornaldesantacatarina.clicrbs.com.br/sc/geral/noticia/2015/01/atleta-de-blumenau-sofre-acidente-em-garopaba-4691047.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yesterday, I shat myself while squatting. Should I invest in a squat plug?

You should kill yourself

Ask trappy. He has anal leakage from misusing his anus.

/thread

Trappy doesn't squat though. Just wear a diaper.

How much cardio before squats to warmup? 10mins with medium effort and how can you do cardio at the end without effecting lifts? Low intensity?

SHEIKO & DIETMAR PROGRAMS

Sheiko Programs:

>Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/

>Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/

>Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/

>Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/

>Advanced Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/

>Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/

>Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/

Dietmar Programs (translated by cā€™ā€™,)):

>New to competitions:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176C50p67VaRiFYuDqGctTVRbgXcvejVea4GrZDg4RmA/

>Veteran competitive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/197wVbzGyE5MWvP1KB4u6rsJX30uAmgeVxJvTV74sVc8/

>Guide for competitive programs:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLSHl5UWt2Z09LVE0/view?ths=true

>Volume program:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbmVOCBKbY8bDOVjO5lNThwKOkthaHi1sX0o6PsixJc/

>Volume program: (by Haugen)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BWu8oSQ9htB91Yjo6pP5XX8qrk-mbUNax_rvEcEf4H8/

>Guide for volume program:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLYkVmb3prYWt1OWM/view?ths=true

Third sheiko in a row and I'm already feeling #ded

Reeeeeeee

Plateaued and now lifting sux :-[

Tfw frog is one of the only people with potential here

Just 10 more after this and you'll be Britain's best 105kg

Time to leave Lith.

>Officially last post i ever make regarding trappy. If I make another one feel free to refer to this post and I'll leave plg for X days

Can you please tell Lith to stop being an obsessed orbiter?

#sheiko got me worn out bruh lmao fo real doh

BURNOUT
U
R
N
O
U
T

Bodorio dead lifted 300kg his first day at the gym

Implying hes here anymore

N O S T O P P I N G
O

S
T
O
P
P
I
N
G

How do you not want to kill yourself after that? I can only deal with the monotony of sheiko once every few months

Legend is he will return to slay the evil trappy dragon

I do 4x8 chin ups and triceps extension every training day while on sheiko for assistance?
Are these too much? Should i be doing rows/seated/standing press/dips instead?
I want big arms but dont wanna curl

How do you manage to spend your whole day somewhere 90% of the people despise you
Like fuck me your actual life must be unbearable if being in a place with so much hate is better
Maybe you should work on that instead of posting on here 24/7
Fucking shit head

How come this underage lil shit hasnt been banned yet?

She lives in a shit hole 3rd world country

I really really hope Isley confirms the Fil hypothesis

Implying he hasn't been
>hes mad a underage poster is stronger than him

>N O S T O P P I N G
Easy to say when you've never run that dreadful program.

>Does sheiko
>Gets sent to (equipped)(bench) worlds
He already has

Im running it now and its great (and im cutting)
Just stop being a dead end and youll be a-ok

But he's not the best 105 in England, if he runs thirteen (13) sheikos then becomes the best 105 in his nation, he has confirmed the hypothesis.

>Im running it now and its great (and im cutting)
New.
>Just stop being a dead end and youll be a-ok
Weak.

Lol. I've run it 3 times. It's excellent for meet prep. Shit for sanity. It's not the only way to train.

>implying i'm not even more underage than froggy

fake news

Im not meming and its not new ive been saying this for awhile
Gotta get down to 74

If I beat Dean bowring who is a former ipf world champ.

Btw this is three sheikos in three days.

trappy what's the best way to squat?

britishpowerlifting.org/documents/290_2017_british_bench_press_results.pdf
But he is the best british -105 equipped bench presser in the open class(out of one).

13 cycles is actua... uh, you know what, forget I said anything.

Ah you think shitposting is your ally?
You merely adopted the shitposting.
I was born in it, molded by it.

>dreadful

I didn't know autocorrect changes beautiful to dreadful lol that's weird.

What do you mean? Bar positioning? Cues?

What about thirteen sheiko cycles?

That said this is my fourth cycle of sheiko

Like how do you squat? Do you have pics of you squatting?

To think, only 27 months until we have a second world champ here on plg.

Don't forget your friends like Bullyoreo did

Frogs banned

Shame the fit mods ban the only one who's actually strong on this entire board

Why not ban trappy or blueshoes

Hey don't you talk shit about blueshoes
He's our god

Kek. Don't listen to trappy with his trip off, we support your anti trappu crusade.

I prefer 20 week cycles to 12 week cycles.

>Ah you think shitposting is your ally?
>You merely adopted the shitposting.
>I was born in it, molded by it.

GENTLE REMINDER

captain I only approve of banter that does not perpetuate the intersectional framework of privilege that orchestrates society along pyramidal lines with my ethno-sexual group at the top

FUCK OFF YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKING KEKOLD DUDE
I SWEAR. GUESS YOU GET IT FROM YOUR COUNTRY THOUGH THE LOT OF YOU ARE FILTHY KEKS. Man up

>hating on our INSANE BEAST GOD blushoe
kys

Reminder that trappy hates the objectively best program for long term gains; 5/3/1.

All he sees is short term gains, because he has never lifted himself.

Oh I thought you were natural

It can't be just the country, I mean blueshoes is Canadian and he's literally the single most based poster in Veeky Forums history

Are 20 week sheikos no longer ipf approved?

>ethno-sexual group

u cheeky cunt u dont even no wat my ethno sexual preference is maybe i like dickin asian girls sometimes maybe i like busty brunettes i dunno thats my private preference and i will not be force d 2 share it u little bugger

Oh they're approved alright, SPF approved .

No.
You do enough pressing as is on sheiko.
Do tricep isos instead

Why do you think,
You and your 3pl8 deadlift is worthy enough to trip on Veeky Forums?

Don't you know that /plg/ is in dire need of people with very basic knowledge of strength training with not very impressive results who sees it as their life mission to make people on Veeky Forums stop using the word "faggot"?

>When she's kitted out by Titan

Just got myself a Bacon clubhouse double beef Burger

What is PLG bulking on today?

blueshoes is gettig lean

"I wouldn't call 5/3/1 a good powerlifting program. I wouldn't call it a powerlifting program at all."

"Small load is still Sheiko, so compared to joke programs like 5/3/1 its high volume."

- a friend

>cycle

kek

I do almost every variation of squats. My favourite is lowbar simply because it relies more on my "strong" muscles (aka legs and butt) and less on my weak upperbody.

I usually go very deep, even with lowbar squats. Since I don't compete in powerlifting (I'm a weightlifter), I have no reason to cut depth at below parallel, and going deep helps improve mobility over time.

(old) Pic related is how my lowbar squat looks like at the bottom. It's not easy to go this deep, but I have short femurs and good ankle mobility.

I also do front squats often, overhead squats when snatching, highbar squats, pistol squats, split squats, steinborn squats, and other meme stuff.

I'm not

I'm in a holding pattern around 103kg

Just ate a double serving of Kodiak cakes. Not bulkin, just maintaining.

>"I wouldn't call 5/3/1 a good powerlifting program. I wouldn't call it a powerlifting program at all."

I'm not going to deny this. 5/3/1 is not a fantastic powerlifting program (I'm actually thinking of adapting my 5/3/1 redux towards a Juggernaut-esq block periodization)

>objectively best
>for long term progress
>four AMRAPS a week

Ahahahhahahahahaha

Ew. I'm going to 100kg for my second year lifting.
Is that dumb?

No not really. Are you tall?

I'm 6'0, weighed in at 94kg the other day. I was gonna cut in march but I'm tempted to get to 100kg first.

I'm fat, but not uncomfortably fat, so I don't know what I want to do.

P nice anyway

You are supposed to leave couple in the tank, fuccboi

>I'm not going to deny this. 5/3/1 is not a fantastic powerlifting program (I'm actually thinking of adapting my 5/3/1 redux towards a Juggernaut-esq block periodization)

>"I wouldn't call 5/3/1 a good powerlifting program. I wouldn't call it a powerlifting program at all."

>"Small load is still Sheiko, so compared to joke programs
>like 5/3/1 its high volume."

531 was never marketed to be a powerlifting program, despite having a powerlifting variant. The goal of 5-3-1 is to provide consistent strength increases over a very long period of time, and the flexibility for different types of athletic goals.

Therefore, 5-3-1 can be an excellent programming tool to use in different parts of a lifters career.

Powerlifting specific programs are meant for somebody that wants get very close to their squat bench deadlift potential within a couple of years. However, powerlifting specific programming isn't necessarily sustainable 24/7 if an athlete wants to continue heavy strength training for any significant amount of time.

Look, 5/3/1 is fun, built well for keeping lifting life long, really well suited to customization, built well to allow for a life outside of training, built really well for cardiovascular training, and a nice simple program.

But 5/3/1 cannot compete with Sheiko for a competitive powerlifter who will put everything else aside for powerlifting.

>531 was never marketed to be a powerlifting program, despite having a powerlifting variant. The goal of 5-3-1 is to provide consistent strength increases over a very long period of time, and the flexibility for different types of athletic goals.
>Therefore, 5-3-1 can be an excellent programming tool to use in different parts of a lifters career.
>Powerlifting specific programs are meant for somebody that wants get very close to their squat bench deadlift potential within a couple of years. However, powerlifting specific programming isn't necessarily sustainable 24/7 if an athlete wants to continue heavy strength training for any significant amount of time.

I agree with every point that you have made.

>However, powerlifting specific programming isn't necessarily sustainable 24/7 if an athlete wants to continue heavy strength training for any significant amount of time.

That's one of my favourite memes.

this tbqh

ur a meme

Why does it hurt when I squat without a thumbless grip? What mobility is lacking?

>But 5/3/1 cannot compete with Sheiko for a competitive powerlifter who will put everything else aside for powerlifting.
I dont disagree.

But im disagreeing with trappy recommending sheiko and texas method for intermediates asking for a routine here. without even mentioning 5/3/1.
Those people who are asking are definitely not powerlifters.

I really don't like bench. I don't like it so MUCH.

>That's one of my favourite memes.

It's not a meme. It's why "Juniour burnout" is such a real problem.

It's really fuckin easy to hop on Sheiko when you have a few 101 level courses , but after you graduate, and you have a 50 hr a week job, a house to maintain, a doggo to walk, a girlfriend to hang out with, friends to see, a car to maintain, and groceries to buy, a full time training program is not sustainable.

It's not a meme

t. multiple graduate level professors and ACTUAL strength coaches that I've discussed this with

Where does it hurt, friendo?

5/3/1 hasn't been vogue for a while now, and I think it's a great programming framework.

Stop that. Stop pretending you don't like it just because you aren't good at it. Double down on your weaknesses, lad. If you want to be a good lifter don't let your training become a hugbox.

it literally isn't, maintaining full time jobs easily gets in the way of training.

I don't like how it feels, it feels awful and it just hurt my shoulder because its AWFUL.

>ur a meme

de-delete this

Lowbar?
Cause wrapping your thumbs around require you to hold the bar higher on your palm. This puts your hand in a position where it's pushed back by the bar and your wrist gets reckt.

Sheiko isn't the only option for powerlifting training tbqh.

Citation needed.

>However, powerlifting specific programming isn't necessarily sustainable 24/7 if an athlete wants to continue heavy strength training for any significant amount of time.

>That's one of my favourite memes.
I would cite sources, but I find it unnecessary to cite something so fundamental to strength training.

High specificity, at high loads, with little attention paid to conditioning or variation is a recipe for overuse and injury. And if injury does not occur, the greater concern would be mental burnout.

This is common knowledge and exercise physiology. So even if you haven't experienced the effects of hyper specific programming yourself, you should at least find this in your literature.

I say this with the most rational and positive intent possible, so please don't act like a cunt.

>Sheiko isn't the only option for powerlifting training tbqh.

And 5/3/1 isn't a bad example of one of the other options I guess is what user is saying.

>doesn't understand one of the basic tenets of strength training in having an off-season
>brushes off any argument for the opposite

*for an opposing opinion

Lolllll what the fuck

It's fine. And no one needs to do a 50 hour a week job. But yeas that would make it impossible

>And no one needs to do a 50 hour a week job.

Isley, Isley, Isley

When will you work?

Isley how do you earn money atm? Freelancing?

daily reminder:

I never, ever, come here.

So please, do not autiscally shit up the /cbt/ screaming about how many plates you can lift while stuffing yourselves with mcdonalds

that is all

>high loads

Most famous PL programs are notorious for being low-moderate intensity.

>high specificity

Why would that be a bad thing?
And how are you being "super specific" when you're working with general compounds like the squat and deadlift, strengthening almost your entire body?

Hyperspecific training is stuff people like gymnasts or sprinters or jumpers or archers or cyclists (etc) do. There's no hyperspecificity in powerlifting because it requires full body strength.

>with little attention paid to conditioning

This is unrelated to the program. It's something everyone should pay attention to and depends on the lifter.

>variation

Do you have any source for this one?
Besides, advanced programs have plenty of variation. Never seen westside, for example?
Heck, even Sheiko nowadays is full of variations.

>this is common knowledge

Common knowledge is often misguided.

>exercise physiology

I'd love to read the physiology books that address this, because the many I've read don't hold this type of opinion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

I don't see how that would mean that PL-specific training is bad for you in the long term.

>>It's really fuckin easy to hop on Sheiko when you have a few 101 level courses , but after you graduate, and you have a 50 hr a week job, a house to maintain, a doggo to walk, a girlfriend to hang out with, friends to see, a car to maintain, and groceries to buy, a full time training program is not sustainable.
But you're just assuming that every program that you don't like is a "full-time program". Almost every powerlifter has a full-time job, you can't live on powerlifting.

No one cares, bugger off.

g4p

Reminder that pic related worked 3 jobs and was in college while training for powerlifting and becoming world champion multiple times. For YEARS.

She was even in a career-ending car accident and managed to overcome it and become world champion again, starting over from literally zero if not under that due to the injuries.

goodlift.info/lifter.php?lid=5936
saltoalto.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/05/26/ela-e-campea-mundial-de-levantamento-de-peso-mas-faz-faxina-para-competir/
jornaldesantacatarina.clicrbs.com.br/sc/geral/noticia/2015/01/atleta-de-blumenau-sofre-acidente-em-garopaba-4691047.html

Meanwhile people here are worried they're gonna die if they train for powerlifting for too long.

>There's no hyperspecificity in powerlifting because it requires full body strength.

Uh? No. Specificity is very easy for us - we reach 100% specificity when we train our 1rm in Squat, Bench, or Deadlift.

>I don't see how that would mean that PL-specific training is bad for you in the long term.

Yeah, I don't know if "bad for you" is the correct phrase. Mentally it can be quite difficult for people to handle that kind of requirement from a program when they have so much else going on - Norse is great anecdotal evidence of this, Filip is a great counter-example. I think we should be more cognizant in the future however, that Sheiko asks a lot from the athlete and not everyone will be able to fulfill that 'ask'. Having alternative programming options such as Texas method, or 5/3/1 for people who are already under heavy stress load is probably a good thing.

>But you're just assuming that every program that you don't like is a "full-time program".

Full disclosure, I don't dislike Sheiko, and am very impressed by what it has done for a lot of /plg/ athletes. I'm sorry if I gave that impression, I didn't intend to. I just don't think it's a very good catch-all program - that kind of commitment is just not possible for everyone. I have a much more adaptive view of programming: I think the best program is the one that keeps you happy and training.

Nobody cares about powerlifters of the inferior gender from third world shitholes

You would understand how training affects other parts of your life if you actually trained or did anything with your life aside from shitpost

>The Sport of Powerlifting