youtube.com/watch?v=upF-znxk1U4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's an awful chart.

>awful chart
>literally all u need to know

How's my form ?

>let me know

What's wrong with ATG?

this is the ideal male body. you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

that looks worse than suicide tier my friend

>not doing a natural squat with a barbell on your back

ok retards

Mirin shoe in bottom right corner

well whats wrong with it is that its a great way to get replies

literally nothing

ATG is how people naturally squat to take a shit.

that's incredibly incorrect because u would end up literally shitting on ur heels

I have seen some stupid shit on Veeky Forums but this is the stupidest SHIT I have EVER seen here, if anyone falls for this consider necking yourself.

Switch ATG and PL squats and you're good bro. Reminder, powerlifting is retarded unless you're competing.

how can u go on with ur life being THISSSSSS delusional holy fucking shit

I live in China. This is literally how people shit.

ur heels must be covered in shit from all that diarrhea spray

What, on their heels?

No one is shitting on their heels you morons. Go take a squat shit and see what I mean.

Why do chinamen shit on their heels when they have fully functioning toilets?

youtube.com/watch?v=NQD4Y_R4mOo

Updated, non-retarded version boys, 10 hours in MS paint.

Looks like ol dude has a can of dip in his sock too

ayy youre right that is a pretty nice shoe

fucking LOL I can't believe anyone listens to Layne Norton. What a retard.

It's a reasonable squat form for his goals and build.

Terrible idea if you're not into powerlifting though.

How many times has he snapped his shit up now? Clearly it's not good form.

>falling for the depth meme

fuck is the difference between the first two?

Back injuries? Surprisingly few times. He's had more trouble with hip issues.

Meanwhile the dude at the bottom has probably had 0 injuries from that squat form. Keep believing in the Norton maymay

Clarence's knees are shot to shit. Like, 'it hurts to walk' damage levels.

From overtraining olympic lifts to a max everyday for several years, and ignoring pain when it started. He did an interview with a website about it awhile back, Moral of the story is if something hurts don't be a dumbfuck and keep going, get it checked out

One is parallel, the other is quarter squat

One is breaking 90 degrees the other isn't.

so? why would you go that low for no reason besides potentially injuring yourself?

Breaking parallel is actually safer than squatting high, presuming you're not so immobile that you can't get down with decent form.

You should bulk.

Squatting high puts more shear force on your knee and ligaments around your knee, even parallel put some shearing force. The lower you can go with an upright torso the lower your chance of injury.

>injuring your knees for muh lowbar

when will ego-lifters learn

How does this actually make sense though?

You are going through all the knee movements and more through an a2g squat as you are doing a quarter squat.

Besides broscience, is there any actual non blogpost scientific evidence that supports atg squats being easier on the knees than quarter?

>every single picture has barbell on the same height
>except for sergiey, he sold his barbell for scrap, so he can buy illegal cigs

They the fuck do people do this?
There's at least 4 different barbell placements I use.

I squat to where I feel the least shearing tension in my knees, which is actually "suicide tier." My knees are fine. I was fucking them up when I tried to squat with "good form." You should do every exercise in a way that you feel the tension in your muscle and not on your connective tissue. If you're doing that, you're laughing. If you fall for the proper form meme, you're fucked.

t. 6'5 manmore who gets nothing out of sample illustrations with manlet models

>He's had more trouble with hip issues.
THat's literally what everyone told him would happen, if he squatted like that.

He always said 'It's a reasonable squat form for his goals and build' and 'I don't see you having a world record squat'.

Yet he's 36 and he needs joint replacements, like a fucking 50 year old powerlifter, who squatted 1000lbs wide stance in knee wraps.

>The greatest posterior shear force is in the first 30 degrees of the squatting movement, with a substantial decrease in shear as the knee goes past 90 degrees. This means shallow squatting is worse for your knees (specifically meniscus and ACL) than deep squatting.
from some T-nation article, don't know if I trust the source, too lazy to really care to look up if it's true, sounds decently legit though

Being strong doesn't count if you're a fat fuck

He had bursitis in his hip, that's an overuse thing that would have happened regardless of how he squats since squatting is still pretty hip demanding, and deadlifts are going to do a ton as well.
He's currently out with a back injury, this shit happens to elite lifters, Kelly Branton just posted on his IG about how it took him 3 years to fully recover to compete again, and there's plenty of others who get injured, candito, mike t, are two others that come to mind, it's part of the sport at elite levels.

It's funny watching dyels on Veeky Forums criticize Layne and thinking they know so much more than him when they're stuck squatting 2 plate and he's squatting +6 plate.

So essentially 90-135 degrees is golden?

That still doesn't actually answer the question. You go through all these movements and more in a2g squats.

Why would going through the entire spectrum of sheer forces be safer than only going to the worst location?

I'm squatting 5pl8, with spina bifida occulta on L3.

Wide stance squat mornings are THE most hip damaging way to squat.
Nobody actually squats like that other than to break a record on one meet and then back off for a 3 year long recovery.

Everybody in the industry told Layne he's have the hips of a 60 year old when he's 35, but he's actually a stubborn, contrary blockhead when it comes to criticism.
Though, his first Iron Radio episode is still the GOAT.

Less time under tension in the worst location.

thats for low bar. if you squat hi bar (which everyone should if youre not a PLer) you might as well squat atg cos you build more strength

>the loser at the bottom
top kek

Squatting at that angle puts more stress on the joints because you have to force your knees to stop and push back up in a vulnerable position

And less tension at that point. You don't full squat with anywhere near what you'd use for a quarter squat.

Yeah no, he's dive bombing his squats because hes a fucking retard taht will never amount to anything. I outsquat atg paused and Im jacked as fuck

>be american
>can't into powerlifting training without steroids
>get crippling injury due to lifting with poor form and poor joint and connective tissue adaptation
>o-overuse injury! could happen to anyone!
Many such cases. Sad!

Are you fucking retarded? Diving into squats is important in Olympic lifting so you can catch heavier weight deeper. How the fuck is it possible for retards like you to even breathe?

>listening to Harry Potter's fat autistic cousin
>making it
pick one

>ass not even touching the ground
Haha confirmed never making it

"Fat"

>lolfed tier

Having abs doesn't count if you weigh less than teenage boys.

Damn
Clarence Kennedy looks like *THAT* ?

Actual squat form check request.
First time trying over 3pl8.

Crazy, right?

shoops

youtube.com/watch?v=8o90pKPGOo8

rate me

take video from the side

youtube.com/watch?v=KMZcZS2UhPg

Nothing. OP is just a mad little chicken legged boy who can't go all the way down

Looks alright to me. Just looks like the bar puts a lot of stress on your wrist, but might not be the case.

i bet you think we're born with belly buttons too

Big difference between simply moving through part of a range of motion, and choosing a point in the range of motion to halt the weight and change its direction. Stopping at quarter-squat height lines up the highest force in the motion with the weakest point in the knee's ROM.

>bar bending over his back
how does he still have a spine?

can't say anything bad about that, bro. lookin good.

Things to look and feel for regarding the knees? What should I feel if im on my way to fucking my knees up? Is it recommendable to drop fast into the squat or with a manageable speed? I try go go about 115-120 degrees on squats

If you're going controlled ATG it's fine, most people dive bomb it and then use the stretch reflex to get back up, effectively getting less out of the exercise. It's harder to dive bomb a parallel or slightly below parallel squat so you have to focus on a controlled descent.

sure?

Thanks user

Shit man few inches more and hes got more arms than Rich Piana

Is the pause at the bottom intentional?

>meme tier

fucking fight me faggot

a few more photoshops*

Cmon guys, help me out

Well what are you feeling? There's so many things that can be wrong with your knees and with your form as well. Without further information all I can recommend is fix your form, take a break, ice, stretch, foam roll.

It's like a soreness kind of feel, I haven't felt it before so I wanted to know if this was normal, it's not painful either

Wild guess: it's above your knee (VMO)

other common issues: patella tendon, quadriceps tendon

try locating it in the pic (right side is your inner leg)

Well, to keep it simple since I cant tell if thats the left leg or the right leg, it's that pocket thats On the right side of your right leg patella, being on the outside, this is all a little bit below the patella as well

Keep your arms back. They're pushing forward as you squat, an indication that you lack upper back mobility.

Pic is right leg. Do some research on patella tendonitis and try if some related stretches and foam rolling help.

>somebody actually took time out of their busy lives to create this

Yes. I was trying to eliminate any “bounce” to the squat, so my ascent was pure drive.
Same logic behind why you let a deadlift come to a complete rest before starting the next rep.

Am I wrong?

Will do. Funny, I was actually trying really hard to force my elbows back on this rep, so It’s probably much worse normally.
Good to know so I can work on it.

>point feet forward
>knees collapse in

>point feet out a little bit
>knees continue to collapse inward

>point feet way outward almost 180 degrees
>knees go perfectly straight and feels quite comfortable

Does this have any bearing whatsoever?

>feet at 180 degree
Are you made of rubber?

Thanks chief, will try this, hopefully it isn't anything serious

What else should I avoid when squatting? From an image above, quarter squats look like they do the most damage, but I was wondering as to how fast you can drop into a squat or how slow, if either of these cause damage and such

Clarence looks delish as usual
10/10

9000 hours in paint

If it's only appeared recently your best bet is to take a break from leg exercises for 1-2 weeks or until it's gone. You don't want it to become chronic.

I had both patellar and quadrices tendon problems for months and fixed it by daily stretching and foam rolling as well as deload for a month. ATG squats are the easiest on my knees. I avoid any other leg exercises beside back/front squats and (deficit) deadlifts.

As for descent speed I'd say do it as fast as you can while still staying tight and avoiding butt wink. Don't dive bomb though, keep it controlled.

This helped me a lot youtube.com/watch?v=zoZWgTrZLd8

However to further save my knees I modified it and do it like Clarence youtube.com/watch?v=upF-znxk1U4
Sitting back more, not much knee travel before breaking parallel, hips coming up fast out of the whole thus turning the remaining movement into a good morning almost

Well just some of my experience, everbody's different, do you own research too

>not squatting 30 degrees under parallel
You faggots will never make it