Red pill me on intermittent fasting Veeky Forums. Is it actually legit or is it just bro-science?

Red pill me on intermittent fasting Veeky Forums. Is it actually legit or is it just bro-science?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27737674
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Easiest compliance to a deficit. Other than the deficit, doesn't really do anything worth mentioning. Also shitty bc you can't train well fasted and anyone who says you can doesn't know what their saying

It's 100% legit.
That and daily 1-2 hour strength/endurance calisthenics workouts and tabata got me into fantastic shape.

Just have your eating window before you train

its just another route to the same destination... try it out and if you like it do it, its not magic.

IF has more then a few positives associated with it.
Even McDonald and Helms think it's good.

yeah but ultimately it doesnt matter and a caloric deficit with solid macros + cardio will garnish the same results. not saying its bad, its down to preference. if you find that you lose weight easier with if then its your thing, if not, dont stress it

you're wrong

It's great if you like eating shit and snacking as you won't be able to do that most of the time.

Cons being you are likely to turn into a binge eater and enlarge your stomach since you'll just stuff your face harder and harder during the eating window.

>daily 1-2 hour strength/endurance calisthenics workout

How?, seems like too much work/no time to recover.

I do it, but say goodbye to cardio while doing it

If you do it before it will make you super tired and not even want to lift. After the window and you feel incredibly full and bloated to the point of exhaustion (because eating 2500 calories in 4ish hours is hard)

I do it when cutting, makes it incredibly easy to stick to a low calorie diet. I tend to not be hungry until I've actually started to eat for the day.

this. though i also do it during bulking since i will overeat even on a bulk.

had 3k cals yesterday in 45 minutes. later that evening i still wanted to munch a bit.

Harness the dark powers of insulin and HGH

IF Is great. it boost ur test and affects ur insuling positively
the 16hours u dont eat ur body learns to burn fat instead for energy. its goat for cutting and preserving lean muscle mass
IF+keto is the easiest and most effective cutting ever.
IF is also good for bulking.

lift light the first week or two until u get used to it and you should be golden. fasted cardio is also much better imo

the "it boosts your testosterone and your body burns fat like crazy" are just memes.

For the most part it's just a different way to get in your daily calories. Skipping breakfast, snacks and pushing your lunch by few hours basically just makes it possible for you to eat almost whatever the fuck you want and have big nice enjoyable REAL FOOD MEALS instead of fucking bread, yoghurt, cereal and so on.

That's all there is to it really. I find it best for cutting since eating those big meals keep my stomach full so it's easier to stay on a caloric deficit instead of snacking here and there then eating one meal and you see "oops cant have another meal or i'll go over my calories"

IMO, IF is a bad idea. If your body needs amino acids while you are fasting then it will tear down muscle to get them.

Keep protein in your stomach.

I'm not sure I buy into the whole "it optimizes your hormones" shit, but it's pretty nice for cutting.

Just make it easier to eat less when you skip a meal every day.

Or just supplement a 10 calorie amino acid drink during your fasting window and keep all your gains. That's what Martin Berkhan recommends.

stupid fucking meme

just eat less and workout and youll be fine

this is the "Aggressive Fat Loss" cheat sheet that kinobody uses. It works and I cut with it every year.

Not the guy you replied to but I've been cutting for 5 months while lifting 1.5 hours and .5 hours of cardio every day. First SS now PPL, in that time I hit 1,2,3,4 of on major lifts. Never had recover issues. Keto and intermittent fasting. No drugs, just creatine and whey.

You'd be surprised what your body will get used to if you push through and just keep going. Inb4 everyone says it's only working because I'm not going hard enough or something. That just isn't the case.

you're all retarded and spreading fake news.
KYS

>Other than the deficit, doesn't really do anything worth mentioning.

Except lower morality rates, drop blood pressure, increase libido, mental acuity....the list goes on.

Fasting in general is not bad for your body.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27737674

people in blue zones eat only until just before they are full. and so they are never feeling full. this apparently is good for the body.

would this apply to IF as well when you only eat 1 time a day but eat until your really full. you are still spending like 20 hours each day in a state of rest for your metabolism organs.

IF is working for me I just eat 1500 calories within a 6 hourish window and keep my deficit. It's nice because it feels easier. I'm not a puritan though I don't eat acouple hours before bed and when I wake up

>Lower morality rates
The Jews would like to have a word with you.

>i don't understand intermittent fasting but i'll opine about it anyway: the post

"you're wrong"

>Not an argument
>provide facts and alternative preposition mighty Veeky Forumsizen

It's a meme and extremely bad for you. How people think consuming most of your calories in a little eating window is good for you is beyond me.

why do you think its bad?

people didnt even eat breakfast before 1900

Been doing it for about 3 months on a 500 cal deficit, lost 30 lbs so far. All my lifts have either stayed the same or gone up slightly. Down to roughly 10% BF according to caliper measurements, and visual estimations. This is the best cut I've had, and I've tried all the other memes including keto. Will always cut IF from now on, gonna try to stay on while I slow bulk too see how it goes.

I've been doing it for 7 weeks and lost 15 pounds. My strength is the same. It doesn't even feel fair how easy it is to lose weight. I've been bulking for the last 3 years gaining 80 lbs so this is my first time having to restrict my calories in a long time. Would recommend.

People also died to fucking gangrene before the 1900s

Yes. It's easy to mantain a deficit and you'll lose weight even if you're not on a deficit. Adrenaline rises the hungrier you get, but unable to stop the ghrelin. It makes you angry all day, and increases thermogenesis a fuck load. It's basically the natural way of getting the benefits of clen with none of the side effects. Except feeling uncomfortably hot and hungry, of course.

strange that that doesnt happen anymore, maybe its modern science.
no it has to be breakfasts.

>supplement a 10 calorie amino acid drink
That's not if, and how many amino acids you really think you are getting for 10 cals?

Is bulking on IF a thing? Or is that just stupid?

you'll be fine

AGAIN
>lower morality rates

He was making a joke but you are too much of a butthurt autist to read properly.

Hit all my lifting targets as of today. Start IF tomorrow with 8 hours eating and 16 hours fasting. Gonna maintain for a couple of weeks and if that feels fine then start to slowly increase lifts.

I've actually grown to train better while fasted, now when I train after eating, I feel sluggish and get nauseated after cardio. If I got used to it, I might do just as well on a light meal, but I feel much better with caffeine and an empty stomach when doing heavy lifts.

makes cutting easier in terms of appetite and damage control when you fuck up but that's about it

it's really good. after a week or so you stop being hungry in the morning/at work, and being able to relax at night and not go to bed hungry is great

it's hunger management, not magic, but great for maintaining a deficit

I've found that I'm kinda the opposite.
When it's just cardio or a high intensity stuff? I can beast it pretty hard with just a bit of coffee.
Hell doing this before I eat actually helps with partitioning I guess and I've seen great results over the last few months.

But if it's hard calisthenics stuff or lifting heavy then I'm gonna need some simple carbs at least 30 minutes before.

Have you tried eating something easily digested like fruit? Or are you eating too much(volume of food or food that takes a lot of energy to digest like steak) too close to lift time?

>be me
>22 minutes until feeding window
>s...so hungry

hold me brehs

insulin secretion lowers circulating HGH and Test. when you are in a fast, you dont secrete insulin until you eat again, meaning that HGH and test are at higher levels for longer than they otherwise would be. i havnt done it myself, i worry i wouldnt be able to hit my macros in a small window, but its tempting to try

are you a grill or 4'6"?

People still die of gangrene routinely, you just don't notice it because you don't know anybody with bad diabetes.

Oh by the way, fasting would have seriously improved their risk of diabetes in the first place.

I just started IF. Sort of mixing Leangains and Kinobody ideas together. Lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Probably the biggest help was skipping high calorie breakfasts and replacing soda with black coffee. I've also started preparing my own meals more often. Lifting 3 or 4 days a week. Love it so far. Honestly it seems like the least broscience type thing out there though I hate explaining it to people because normies assume you are crazy or are on some kind of diet.

I still eat whatever I like just at a deficit and I cut out junk. It's easy to lose weight it's just fucking math. Women and fatties have made it seem like it's much harder than it is.

I mean higher levels of test and hgh sound good, but isn't insulin the most anabolic substance there is?

Y'know, I think I realized I just got fat because I thought I had to eat 3 meals a day. It made things really hard because, when I'm hungry, I get really bad hunger pains. So I would overeat. And eating 3 meals a day meant I got too hungry 3 times in a day.

Now my body is used to eating once a day and I still get too hungry, but I eat so much and I'm still at deficit.

Kinda pisses me off being told I had to eat breakfast and snack and dinner tbqhwy senpai. It made me fat because my biology fucking hated it.

Pretty much everyone is brainwashed that they need to eat waffles and muffins and other garbage as soon as they wake up for "energy" it is a stupid lie that literally causes obesity.

I also experience alot of mental clarity at work from fasting. I feel focused and sharp. I get home at 4 or 5 and have a nice big dinner. Usually at work I'll have 2 cups of coffee and a banana or orange at most.

IF is great but I don't bother trying to sell people like OP on it because people have so many hang ups and are married to so many myths. IF gets results and is easy to fit into my lifestyle.

I'm currently in the last stage of my cut down to 1500kcal. I have a Navy weigh in next week (6 foot 180 now). I do 360 mins of cardio a week, lots of swimming and stair climbing. I combined keto, intermittent fasting, and additional cardio. I was at 200 at the beginning of the year after bulk.

anabolic without discrimination

compared to HGH and test will grow your muscles, insulin pulls the nutrients you need to grow them into your cells, which is very important, yes. another great thing about IF is that it lowers insulin sensitivity, so when you do break your fast, you get a stronger insulin response, which in turn, causes a bigger release of HGH and Test after the insulin has subsided

so yes, insulin is important and anabolic, but to have elevated levels of insulin constantly is bad, especially at the expense of test and hgh. insulin also causes you to store fat

ignore the "compared to", i reformatted what i said and didnt read it over

People with energy issues during longer IF usually means they are non-keto. It's rough to deal with glucose fluctuations and then lift. I'm not surprised someone would have a hard time lifting heavy on such a regime.

On the other hand, if you are permanently ketogenic there's no blood sugar fluctuations. I lift in the 22nd hour of my daily fast. After the workout I eat a 2500 calorie meal, usually 200g protein and the rest fat. I don't eat carbs.

I don't have blood sugar swings, and I'm bulking in muscle and losing adipose. I do biweekly scans to monitor.

This is simple and it works very well. The other issues such as "convenience" and "delicious meals whenever I want to"-- well, that seems to be a landwhale argument. Man up and put your panties away.

I will add one other disclaimer. I have not done LISS on this regime. For me, it works on HIIT.

I love it. out of every program I've tried it's the only I have enjoyed.

never been a breakfast guy. now I just skip breakfast and lunch and have my first meal at 4-7pm depending on if I did cardio or not. I was afraid of exercising on an empty stomach but it's not an issue if you had a big meal the previous night.

it's the only fitness-related concept I am 100% happy with. everything else feels like broscience or just BS repeated for decades that produce mediocre results.

100% this.

I'm with you guys desu. Everytime I tell people that you don't need to eat breakfast they talk to me like I kill babies or some shit. It's like a baby dies for every time I say something against the ingrained myths in their heads.

IF works but to ensure you don't lose any muscle you need to be taking BCAA's. Preferably first thing in the morning. I also have a black coffee because it's fucking delicious.

I've been doing it for a month now and I've lost no muscle, lost fat and I'm just as strong as ever.

I've also been doing weighted calisthenics in this time with a supplementary gym session every second Saturday to see if I'm losing strength on the big lifts.

So far so good. I've never felt better.

you dont need BCAA's.

youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c

He gets it

>not 16/16
1/10 shit card design

No he doesn't

It's just a comfort/ease of life thing. It's not magic. I don't tell people I'm doing Intermittent Fasting, I tell people I just have coffee for breakfast, because that's all it is.

that would put me at 1870Cal/3600Cal so roughtly 50% of my TDEE.
I would probably turn into a vegetable after a week.
How long do you run this and what do you lose?

>KYS KYS
>[contribute nothing]
>[autistic screeching]

I did fasted training for a couple of months. Every training was shit, I gained zero strength and just got a little leaner.

Cardio - no problem, I've done 30km bike rides with just a coffee and some BCAA's and broke PRs, but Strength Training - total waste of time. Probably could be 20kg+ ahead on my lifts than where I am now if I had trained with a pre-workout meal.