Herniated disk???

Veeky Forums how do i tell if i have a herniated disk? my lower spine area has been hurting, also what exercise(s) can i do to heal one if i do? and how can i prevent one if i do not already have one. would lumbar lordosis be a worrying pre existing condition for a herniated disk??

inb4
>just dont deadlift :^)

yeah but that's a good exercise, i'd like to keep it

Other urls found in this thread:

liftbigeatbig.com/weak-backs-injury-prone-backs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I actually have a herniated disk (L4-L5 lower back, had an MRI) doctor mentioned no lifting but I said fuck that, i'm just doing really basic workouts and light weight so make sure I don't hurt myself further

Getting surgery to fix it in may

lower back was hurting like a bitch for a long time, thought I had snapped my shit up but I always had good form. Turns out I had extremely tight hip flexor, started stretching the fuck out of them every day and pain is completely gone. Try that. Tight hip flexors is common for people who sit a lot.

Thanks so far will try the hip flexors

Can't be healed. Every deadlift you do for the rest of your life will injure it further and send you faster into the wheelchair. That's why you don't fall for the deadlift meme.

if you've herniated your disc thats it, there is no certifiable fix.

you could get a surgery, they often don't work.

otherwise you just live with debilitating pain until you die.

have fun.

>deadlifting

U got what you deserve

Enjoy painkillers for the rest of your life

I've have a herniated/slipped disc. I did a lot of physio therapy, stretching and core strength building exercises (including Pilates). To help with the pain and fix it.

I'm about 2 years on from the diagnosis and it's 1000x better. I still get the odd twinge here and there but for the most part it doesn't affect my life. I still lift four times a week and I squat and deadlift with no problem.

First of all go to a doctor, get a referral for an mri (don't get a cat scan our xray) and get it checked out asap

I dont have a herniated disk but my back is a little fucked from a work injury years ago, would you recommend pilates for core strengthening?

The stronger your core the more protected your spine is. I hope this article is the one I originally read about it (not gonna reread right this second)
liftbigeatbig.com/weak-backs-injury-prone-backs/

Get an MRI. That's it. You're back is worth whatever it will cost in your country.
Don't get a CT scan as they are outdated.

I had a CT scan that showed a minor non-neural disc bulge at L4/L5-S1 and they said it could have been fixed if detected earlier. A year later just to see I got an MRI and it's actually something called retrolethesis.
I will have it forever. I used to get pains from just standing, however I do a cuntload of back exercises and also lots of different stretches and now no pain.

Start doing yoga and do regular training on either a reverse hyper machine or an inversion table. That will fix your shit. It did for me.

Same with me.
Thought I snapped my shit up, but it didn't feel so painful that I couldn't exercise so I refused to believe it was actually snap-city. Realized while on a walk how tight my hip-flexors were and along with starting to stretch them I also did a deload for my squat and now I'm back at it stronger and with better form than before.

Tight hip-flexors WILL fuck up your squat and prevent you from doing it correctly.

I herniated L5-S1 and it blew out to the left side, so I ended up losing the function of my left leg. Tread carefully. My Doc just recommended staying off of it till I could get the excess cut out.

Well fuck.

OP here, this is good advice i appreciate it, how much pain does a herniated disk, or tight hip flexors cause?

I am and my pain was a stinging, crunching pain in my lower back, located in the spine. I also felt uncomfortable in my pelvis to the right of the spine. It was painful enough to where I couldn't run, but walking was fine. The pain subsided when sitting still for a while and flared as I moved.

The pain started when I was squatting and did something wrong and ended up "good-mornining" the weight up. It felt as if my spine was pulled apart. Now 3 weeks later I feel better than ever. That's all I can help with, be safe buddy.

so like on the pain scale how bad was your pain?

i'm having some lower back pain but its not bad, i think it just stressed out my back , tight hip flexors, and lordosis and all that.

thanks bud

I'd say it jumped all over the place, but between 2-6 on a scale from 1 (nothing) and 10 (cry from pain).

Anterior pelvic tilt can cause a lot of back pain, so look into that online and take steps to fix it if you have it.

I have back soreness from laying down and general pain. 400-600mg of nsaids relieved the pain and soreness. Had minor sciatica over the break, but that has since gone away

It's about mid back, diaphragm level and goes to right above the dimples on my back. Am I snapcityd?