Doing PSMF

>Doing PSMF

JUST

I keep thinking when this is over I hope I never let myself get too fat again. I hope I develop discipline from this.

I've been eating a jar of peanut butter a day and I'm still losing weight (I want to lose weight), but I can't figure out why I'm still losing weight.

Are you only eating that per day? Are you drinking water?

Trust me, it's better going trough with it now. Than putting it off and making good gains and then losing them all trough PSMF like I did.

Sure, a moderate deficit is much easier on the body, but that takes a long fucking time if you're obese and can be even more demotivating.

>trough
>trough

I drink a lot of water and I always take my sugar-free metamucil for shit-gains, but I'm relatively surprised that even with the high calorie count (mid-3000s) I'm still dropping weight.

I'm not sure I understand.

How did you lose the gains on PSMF?

That's very surprising and can only be explained by you being quite a big lad. Confirmed?

I have days where I have zero weight loss and all I eat are vitamins and protein shakes and water.

It's probably the cortisol from low calories trying to fuck my shit up, but eventually calories in calories out will beat cortisols stubborn fuckheadedness.

>Low calorie study
>Author's name is Hunger

I am a bigger lad, but I've lost 150+ lbs., so I have a lot of experience with tweaking caloric intake and watching weight rise or fall. It seems that calories from certain things don't seem to "stick" as much as others. It's also possible that the minimal amount of salt in a jar of peanut butter is simply allowing me to dehydrate.

Do you really think that being on a 2000kcal deficit won't result in some lean mass loss?

I didn't lose them all, but my lifts went down 10% during a time period when they would have probably gone up about 10% if i ate maintenance/slight surplus.

Yeah I expect to lose some, from the way you worded that I thought you meant a significant amount

Losing a bit of mass trumps taking long to lose this fat and be fat

It's probably just dehydration if you cut out most salty food. Also that shit you're doing is very unhealthy.

>It seems that calories from certain things don't seem to "stick" as much as others.
Can't find the link for a couple of studies, but there is some evidence that protein (especially the high quality stuff from meat and diary) - has some iffy behaviour when it comes to weight gain and loss if you do weight training.

Basically, if you lift weights or do other anabolic training, the net energy balance between muscle anabolism and catabolism makes a certain amount of the protein you eat not count as 4kcal.

Well it's psychologically significant in the short term. As you've said, if you're obese, it's worth doing to not be stuck for a year on low deficits. But seeing your arms go from 16'' to 14.5'' (and not all of it being fatceps) is pretty disheartening. But then again I made it all back in a month or two and nothing beats actually seeing some definition and vascularity for once.

I don't normally eat a jar a day, I just got a really good deal on peanut butter, and even though I'm eating more in calories than I normally do eating chicken and cottage cheese, I'm breaking through some plateaus weightloss wise.

I wanna start one too
Can you give me an idea of what you're eating/ any pic you have of diet plans?

the fuck is PSMF?

Google mate, protein sparing modified fast.

Not OP, but lifting during psmf is vital - otherwise you will still lose a significant portion of lean mass, driving your TDEE further into the basement. That's why normies who try it without lifting fail miserably by rebounding.

Even if you're an intermediate or advanced lifter you should cut back drastically on volume and go for a basic full-body routine with emphasis on intensity, for example
>Monday: 3X5 Chins, 3X5 OHP, 3X5 Squat..
>Thursday: 3X5 Rows, 3X5 Bench, 1X5 Deads.
Don't worry about doing too little - this will stave off lean mass loss without making you utterly miserable.

Minimize cardio as much as you can, being on a large deficit is one of those times when the cardio kills gains meme is not a meme.

As far as supplementation goes: definitely supplement shit like vit D, C, the Bs, Phosporus, Zinc, Magnesium ie. all the basics. Fish oil is a virtual must. 4 caps a day of myprotein alpha worked great for me, go for animal cuts if you have cash to spare.

Protein intake: 1.8g/kgLM. So if you're 30%BF at 100kg that's 126g tops. Don't worry if that sounds low, it's plenty.

Fat: this one is bad. 50g is the minimum at which most physically active men can maintain semi-decent joint health and hormonal balance. I did 30g - and that was murder.

Carbs: ideally none.

I lsot 20kg in 3 months. The lack of fats is the worst. I you want to keep doing it for longer than a month I recommend going for at least 50g of fat. It'll be a little slower but becomes much less miserable.

As far as food goes: chicken breast, low fat cottage cheese, lean fish etc. Definitely no oats or bread or peanut butter.

Thanks for the advice