Is it just a meme?

>Eat basically just chicken/fish/lean meats/eggs + low carb veggies
>Less than 900 cal a day
>Do this for two months or less
>Take multivitamin + drink broth when feeling lightheaded

>Lose 10-30lbs in a month

For those who know about this diet:
>Does it make you sick?
My friend says he wants to lose weight but he said he's not willing to be sick from it.

((I fucking am tho))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tF7pmUmyzTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know if you'll get sick. If you're fat and you lose weight that quickly, you may get loose skin. If you have muscle, you'll lose a significant amount of strength.

it'll make you weak and you'll catch colds every week. you would get dizzy if you tried to exercise after a few days.

depending if you eat too few eggs you'll also have brain fog/lack of focus

it would destroy fat though. maybe do it during vacation?

also read about IF

It's not a meme because it's not easy and it's not gimmicky.

I only did it for 2 weeks cause I'm not a fatass but if you're bigger they allow cheat days every 2 weeks I think.

I didn't have a problem with it and I felt pretty good the whole time. It really depends if you really crave food or not... I tend to do well on cuts

I did go camping during my fast though and it was really hard seeing pasta salad, s'mores, beer, desserts, etc.

The pasta I ate coming off the fast was one of the best tasting meals of my life.

>Lose 10-30lbs in a month
Yeah 10-30lbs in bone density. 900 cals/day is not fucking healthy you cock inhaler.

>loses weight and body fat
>also loses all vascularity in his arms

It's called FASTING and of course it works.

desu I did it for a few months, but the expectorant in the ephedrine(due to only being able to Brokaid in the US) with the EC stack really fucked my sinuses for a couple months. I felt like shit pretty much the entire time too. Fat loss was top-tier, though while maintaining a pretty decent strength level, so I probably would do it again.

What happened? Did you all out of meth or something?

It's only good if you're obese
If you're just cutting for the summer do keto + IF instead

This is a medical fast given to patients in hospitals. It's not meant to be a permanent diet.

Brahs...how do I get my lower abs to show. I'm on a fuckin 1700 diet and low fuckin carbs and cant get rid of a bit of fat. PLEASE BRAHS...

Yohimbine + Fasted Cardio

Google "Lyle McDonald Stubborn Fat Loss"

PSMF is what real natural bodybuilders, not youtube or "pro" natties but actual natty bodybuilders do to cut weight.

This is not bullshit, this is 100% bullet proof and works for everyone.

But IF+occasional full day fasting is less extreme, healthy and can be done basically forever.

I agreed until the last line

ur a fag

How the fuck does this dudes Adonis belt look so good, Is it really all genetics

MEME. I tried it before. Let me break it down:
You're only supposed to use to for about 2 weeks. Assuming 2500 kcal maintenance and 900 kcal daily on PSMF, that's 6 lbs lost in 2 weeks. However you're supposed to take 2 weeks off at maintenance because it's so fucking harsh on your body (says McDonald). So that's basically 6 lbs in 4 weeks, or 1.5 lbs a week. I can achieve that with a steep, yet more do-able 1000 kcal deficit and lose 2 lbs a week, or 8 lbs for 4 weeks vs. 6 lbs for PSMF, WITHOUT having to eat like a freak.

forgot to say that this is assuming you're not a category 3 obese tub of lard

You can keep it up for longer than 2 weeks unless you're like 5% to begin with lol.

For fatties, I think something like ~8 weeks before a diet break is in order. For people if moderate bodyfat (15 to 25 ish percent), around 4-6 weeks. Leaner people, 3-4. Diet break doesn't have to be full 2 weeks neccesarily. Refeeds can also be done.

If you cant last longer than 2 weeks, you're a pathetic piece of shit and I have no clue how you have achieved anything in life (assuming you have)

You think Intermittent fasting and occasionally a full day of fasting isn't a sustainable way of eating for the rest of your life?

Are you diabetic?

EASYMODE: Masters in Econometrics

Asians are the wealthiest race on average. Wealth and obesity are inversely correlated, since cheap, high-calorie food is the easiest to obtain for low-income people.

Not only is being health-conscious fashionable for the rich, its also more easily attainable, since they can afford things like gym memberships, fresh foods, etc.

Not sure if this is bait or not, but hey, here's the answered filtered through a purely class-based lens. I'm sure cultural factors play a role as well. My analysis also has some holes in it (wealth inequality is the worst among asians - their wealthiest are wealthier than whites, but their poor are poorer).

Whoops, wrong thread

6 pounds is all I need to lose if I'm doing a cut. I'd rather only cut for 2 weeks.

It's also easy to cut with since your palate is so limited you don't really have to think much about what to eat. Either plain chicken, plain fish, egg whites, and some vegetables.

he simply flexed his abs

the fuck is wrong with you

I lost 18 pounds last month. 225 to 207. Shit is not difficult senpai, and I am not in great shape.

30-40 min cardio 6x a week.

5x5 starting strength 3x a week.

Eat 1500 calories per day, clean as you can. I wasn't even great about quality (poor af) but if you're strict with yourself you find ways to make it work.

Chunksters who can't lose weight suffer from the singular problem of not fucking trying hard enough.

>hit 1/2/3/4 for reps two months ago
>still look like shit due to +30%bf, not that i think that 1/2/3/4 would make me big - but at least enough to look normie-standard decentish at low bf%
>go on psmf
>know that lifting is crucial to not losing too much LM
>simply too fucked up to lift after one week
>lose 15kg over two months, probably at least 2-3kg of glycogen and water
>refeed for a couple days
>try maxes at gym: barely manage 1/2/3/4 for a single rep - so I lost about 20% in strength.
Based purely on that personal experience I'd say it's only worthwhile if you can manage to lift during psmf, otherwise you lose too much lean mass for it to be worth it.

Well this diet is retarded in a way which depends on how fast your body is able to ADAPT to FAT METABOLISM if your body has been run by carbs and sugar for all your life it can take up to 4-6 weeks before you are burning fat instead of carbs (this is due to lack of fat burning enzymes because previously your body didnt need them). During this time you feel weak and lightheaded because your body cant yet take fats as energy efficiently. Best way would probably be start with intermittent fasting and lower your calorie intake gradually.
So suddenly doing this 2 weeks 900 calorie thing is going to be hard and you will gain all the fat back instantly when you switch back to "normal" diet
Source: youtube.com/watch?v=tF7pmUmyzTk

>Wealth and obesity are inversely correlated, since cheap, high-calorie food is the easiest to obtain for low-income people.

Bullshit.
Wealth and obesity are inverseley correlated because the mindset that allows someone to become rich and succesful overlaps significantly with the mindset of a rather healthy person.

Whereas the same mindset that lets people balloon up to whales is also the same thing that keeps them poor.
It has nothing to do with their per se.

As for psmf: currently on it, again.
Holiday gorging wasn't a good idea, who would have thought...
Libido is dead, that is the only negative I can say about it, other than that it works as intended.

Why won't people just be smart and spam caffeine. The mobilization of fat provided by caffeine is protein sparing in and of itself.

I usually drink a lot of coffee normally, but during psmf I couldn't stand the stuff for some reason - made me even more woozy especially when standing up. Which is weird since it's supposed to do the opposite. In general, the constant dizziness and low level nausea was why I didn't lift.

And you tell this diet is good when you cant even function :D?

I said it is only worth if it doesn't utterly fuck you up after a week. I heard of plenty of people who did just fine.

Maybe I did something wrong or it didn't agree with my smoking or the fluid/electrolyte imbalance fucked up my heart-rate or something: normally it's 115/75 (which isn't that bad for an obese smoker,) on psmf it was 110/55.

if you follow lyle's diet in the rapid fat loss diet handbook it works really well. you need more supplements than what you describe in the OP or you'll have deficiencies. I did it and lost around 10kg in 5 weeks. My friend did it and lost 15kg in roughly the same time frame (he's a big guy). muscle loss is fairly low if you do it correctly (that's the whole point of a protein sparing diet)

youtube.com/watch?v=tF7pmUmyzTk Just watch this video, it will change your life

>Lose 10-30lbs a month

If you're a relatively normal weight, that's way too fast to be losing.

Anyway, it seems really similar to keto. And you can definitely feel like shit the first few days of that. I felt like I actually the flu.

>If you're a relatively normal weight, that's way too fast to be losing.
no, it's not. I've done it and it works great. try it before you give stupid opinions about it

>insulin levels need to be zero for any weight loss to occur, regardless of energy balance.
>you need to be in ketosis for up to a month to lose any fat
>keto is fantastic for athletes
dat dere keto retarded shilling

No thanks mate. I lost 40kg already eating a decent amount of carbs and even sugar. Just because I had some trouble with my blood pressure by probably not getting enough potassium or magnesium doesn't mean I'll fall for this meme.

Of course you will lose weight, but was it enjoyable? probably not.
Did you keep on adding muscle or strenght, probably not.
Ketosis literally means fat as fuel source.
Never feel hungry, stable energy and most importantly you will gain muscle and change your body composition completely.
I have tried both ways, have you?

>Of course you will lose weight, but was it enjoyable? probably not.
Eating keto was not more enjoyable either. Hunger levels are higher on a balanced diet, keto causes more fatigue and mental fog.
>Did you keep on adding muscle or strength, probably not.
Yes, went from atrophy mode back to my HS numbers while on a constant deficit.
>Ketosis literally means fat as fuel source.
No shit, I thought it was a brand of shoe shine polish. Thanks.
>Never feel hungry, stable energy and most importantly you will gain muscle and change your body composition completely.
It all depends, sure you can go keto - but it has it's drawbacks: increased incidence of kidney, liver and heart disease if done long term; mental slowdown; problems with hunger regulation after you return to a normal diet. All these can be mitigated, but at the end of the day nothing beats a balanced diet. PSMF, Keto etc. are all just short-term drastic tools that most doctors only recommend to the obese.
>I have tried both ways, have you?
Yes, I tried keto about 7 years ago just before I became obese and stopped lifting.

At the end of the day there is no magic bullet.

pretty sure the right one is a neanderthal with a photoshopped homo sapiens skull

for you

Nope, Gorilla. It says so in the caption.

>Just watch this video, it will change your life
click on video: some old geezer spewing dank memes.

It's a short term diet.

It works well.

when I restrict calories my immune system is strengthened big league

RIP muscle and bone density

It's the other way round for 99.99% of people, but sure whatever you say chief.

Lean mass and bone density aren't really affected that much as long as you lift and avoid putting too much strain on yourself. It's not meant to be a long term way of eating, just a quick way to shed a decent amount of weight over a very short period.

Quit flexing