Is red meat really as bad for you as (((they))) say? Or do (((they))) just want men to stay low test betas?

Is red meat really as bad for you as (((they))) say? Or do (((they))) just want men to stay low test betas?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2885952/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10656467
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17069878
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.914.2657&rep=rep1&type=pdf
researchgate.net/profile/Amelia_Marti/publication/11147644_Mediterranean_diet_and_reduction_in_the_risk_of_a_first_acute_myocardial_infarction_An_operational_healthy_dietary_score/links/0912f50ac912b63594000000.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

more and more professional athletes are doing Keto everyday.

Keto is basically just red meat, eggs, and vegetables.

>be me
>unironically eat 4 eggs, 1/2lb tuna, 1/4 lb salmon, 1lb ground beef and drink 1L whole milk a day
>every day
be straight with me, am I gonna die this year? feeling perfectly fine atm btw. (captcha: "Adonis" I shit you not. might make it after all)

It's overblown, like everything to do with health.

We drink, we smoke, we eat too much fat and not enough veggies, we live sedentary lives, we do this, we do that...And we still die usually over 80 years old.

It's all absolute bullshit marketing and memes. You can live life with a fucking surgical mask on while you walk down the street like the chinks but worrying about health to such an extent is no fun. We all die.

OP, if u you feel good after eating an appropriately sized portion of red meat then you're fine. If not, stick to chicken. Might sound odd, compare how you feel after eating different meats. Variety is best... beef, chicken, fish and pork.

>we eat too much fat

Not at all. We eat too much sugar

Meat is good for you. Plant sugars, starches and oils aren't.

It's a mix. Sugar is a huge part of the english-speaking world, but America in-particular has a massive amount of snack foods with fat in them. Stuff like potato chips and doritos are perfect examples of snacks loaded with fat that are terrible for you.

Not to mention chocolate has a good amount of fat in it.

You might be at risk for higj cholesterol but thats really nothing unheard of or even out of the ordinary among meatheads

Cholesterol is good for you, retard.

cholesterol is good for you. Most people only eat 5% of the cholesterol your body needs to function. Why does high cholesterol get linked with hwart disease? Because cholesterol heals veins and arteries. So it is present when needed most. Unfortunately cholesterol cant do everything on its own, which is why it is important to eat less carbs, red meat happens to have no carbs

too much of anything is bad

>professionals competing while in ketosis

bowlers maybe,

High risk of colon cancer.

Just have a qt doctor finger your but hole every year.

Dude... this was so retarded, I don't even know where to begin. What the actual fuck?

oh boy here we go

ancel keys pls go

Wtf are ancel keys

>((()))

look at the correlation between veganism and regressive liberalism, and decide for yourself

Red meat being bad for you seems like an American meme because here in Australia I've seen advertisements on TV encouraging everyone to eat red meat by some health association. UK seems to eat a ton of red meat too.

Vegans are not low test faget, my libido is off the top.

The whole meat cancer correlation is mostly about charred/burned/heavily processed meats. The meat in the pic looks scrumptious, and will most likely not entail any dangers as far as meat/cancer stuff is concerned.

I have been of 4 whole eggs + 2 white a day for a year and cholesterol is in healthy levels.
Just eat meat and eggs early (breakfast and lunch).

I switched from a typical american diet to a diet that consists of 30% whole meats (steak, fish, chicken breast, etc) and 70% whole fruits, vegatables & nuts.

Lost 30 lbs in 2 months, once a week I literally eat a 16oz rare ribeye.

>let me ask a board full of guys who love eating red meat

What are whole meats relative to other meats?

No sausage, cold cuts, salami, hamburger

There is an established link eith cancer, but removing the correlation with causation is hard - red meat also correlates with wine consumption and obesity.

Enjoy in moderation. Play it safe and mostly eat fish and chicken if youre worried. The occasional steak and burger won't hurt you.

i eat a lb. of ground beef and a cup of shredded cheese a day

Your farts must kill all the house plants.

i only get gassy from vegetables

I can see like marathon runners maybe

there's a study of 1.2M people that concludes no link between unprocessed red meat and cardiovascular or heart disease.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2885952/

there's literally no reason in regards to personal health to do vegan shit

Red meat decreases testosterone actually.

Link?
I genuinely curious.

got source on that?

The study is pretty shit though. It's a meta-analysis, meaning it looked at other individual studies and pooled them together. The studies they used were wet dog shit.

Of the 4 studies they picked for unprocessed red meat and coronary heart disease risk, 2 showed a strong protective effect for red meat, one was about neutral, and one showed a strong harmful effect.

The two studies showing a protective effect were these

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10656467
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17069878

First one was based on vague survey data and didn't account for socioeconomic factors. Besides red meat, they ended up finding a protective effect for pudding, cakes, sweets, and biscuits. They warn that the study should be interpreted cautiously due to the confounding that they experienced. The people doing the red meat meta-analysis didn't cautiously interpret it.

The second one wasn't actually on red meat itself, but eating patterns that included fresh red meat. The study population was a group of Australian aboriginals. The comparison concerning red meat was between those who ate fresh red meat, which meant those who cook their own food, versus those eating fast food. In that particular population of people who are infamous for having horrible diets and lifestyle, those eating fresh red meat saw a benefit. The authors of the meta-analysis didn't care about the context of the study when they included it in their analysis. Because they included so few studies, those two studies were able to shift the balance of evidence towards null.

They either didn't read these studies at all or they purposely picked the worst studies they could find to reach the conclusion they wanted.

that's interesting. do you know what caused the difference between the one with the neutral effect and one with harmful?

Taking a look at it now.

The neutral one was about iron intake

citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.914.2657&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Dietary iron, even heme iron, wasn't associated with higher risk of developing CHD, although heme iron (like red meat has) made it more likely to die from CHD, and more likely to have a heart attack. It's a weird study to use in that meta-analysis because it's not really looking at red meat in the first place. It tries to single out heme iron intake by controlling for dietary cholesterol and saturated fat consumption, which went up with heme iron intake, removing actual red meat, as a whole food, from the equation.

The one showing a harmful effect was about the Mediterranean diet.

researchgate.net/profile/Amelia_Marti/publication/11147644_Mediterranean_diet_and_reduction_in_the_risk_of_a_first_acute_myocardial_infarction_An_operational_healthy_dietary_score/links/0912f50ac912b63594000000.pdf

They tried to estimate the increased risk from red meat apparently by looking at lack of compliance to the Mediterranean Diet survey thing they set up, since the Mediterranean Diet is low in meat. It doesn't seem like a very accurate way to look at red meat intake either.

So out of the 4 studies that meta-analysis used to determine red meat's effects on CHD risk, 3 of them weren't actually about red meat and the other one was set up so badly that cake and pudding looked like health foods.

It would be better to look at an intermediate marker for CHD risk like cholesterol. Red meat does raise cholesterol when calories are kept constant.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459

i appreciate the effort. thank you. i'll read it more in depth when i have the time.