Starting StrongLifts 5x5

I am starting StrongLifts 5x5 next week. I've a experience of a year in the gym. I was thinking of adding accessories/other exercises at end of each workout. Honestly , am a little insecure of the bicep and tricep gains I've made so far. So how about adding 1-2 sets of curls or tricep extensions. I can't do pullups , chin ups or dips for more than 2-3 reps ( no hate pls) , how about doing V-Bar pulls/lat pulls instead of pullups? adding lateral raises?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/do-women-need-to-train-any-differently/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you do the basic lifts of SL already with good form? If not, I'd suggest just doing the basic program for a while. Go for other exercises after that.

If you have trouble doing full sets of dips and pullups, just keep doing them in low reps and wait for them to get better with time. Each single half-set of dips you do will contribute to your presses as well.

Even with pullups added SL isn't particularly bicep-heavy so doing isolations to train them might be a good idea.

You can skip dips for close grip bench press. Dips hurt a lot of ppl shoulders and elbows.

by all means add some arms for 3 sets of bi and tri (in 8-15 rep range) and try doing pullups

start with 12 sets of 1 rep and 0:30-0:45 rest between, switch to 6 sets of 2 next week and go on. Fuck lateral raises, better add dumbell flies for that chest

It is completely acceptable to add accessory work when doing SL or SS
Personally I find PPL to be a lot more fun and rewarding

I was thinking of PPL , but some people discouraged it in other thread. What do you say? Am looking to some muscle mass desu.

I was thinking of adding some tricep extensions and close grip bench at the end of workout A and some barbell curls/incline curls with forearms at the end of Workout B. Is it a good idea?

Just wanted to make shoulder a little more visible. Ad some clarity , thats why I was thinking lateral/front raises.

forearms specific workout is a meme, nothing works them like deadlifts, farmer walks etc. Want big strong forearms go look up strongmans exercises.

Choose one tricep extension or cgbp per workout (rotate them workout A and B). Way you do curls doesnt matter. Just do them I personally only dumbell curl.

hes already benching and ohp, he has plenty shoulder activation. Chest is one that needs some more hypetrophy attention look wise.

Again I'm autist and I dont really care about hiting my chest so much beacuse there is a sweet squat rack next to me where I could do some squats and dl later. But Stronglifts are great way to start. I lift for 1.5 year now and my squat is 4pl8, finished stronglifts with squat around 3pl8 and fucked around which was bad idea

First of all practice form my man, I injured myself and 5 months out beacuse of it

A PPL program is great for both strength and mass gains
Unless you are new it is close to ideal
There are many versions of PPL available, pick one with the exercises you are most comfortable doing
As you bro-gress you can pick a more advanced level program

Add some incline DB presses? Or BB presses?

on shoulder workout add some dumbell bench presses or incline bench press/dumbell press (doesnt really matter just do it in 8-12 rep range for hypetrophy) and when you hit bench other day add flies at end of that workout

Suggest one please , for a beginner with a 1 year of experience

Doing SL5x5 after a year of experience is retarded. Is this bait?

I'm doing a greyskull lp variant just now. Always back squat on days 1 and 3, always front squat and deadlift on day 2. always perform as many chin ups as possible on all three days. rotate ohp and bench;

Week1

Bench. OHP. Bench.
Row. Deadlift. Row.
B squat. F Squat B squat
chin ups chin ups. chin ups

Week2

OHP. Bench. OHP.
Row. Deadlift. Row.
B squat. F Squat B squat
chin ups. chin ups. chin ups

Other way around

Take a look at ICF5x5. its SL with accessories.

how long did you run SL for you to go from 0pl8 squat to 3pl8?

How fucking hard is it just to follow a program for 6 months why dooes every beginner think he has to add shit or swap out exercises...just follow the program you have more than enough time to add arms later...for a beginner program i would recommend the juggernaut one

I squated 2pl8 in around 2-3 months, for 3pl8 it was longer beacuse I was stupid cunt to fuck around. Could've squat 5pl8 by now if not that. Atm 4pl8 is ez pz

>I was stupid cunt to fuck around
like what?

changing programing, testing maxes on dl with fucking poverty form which led to back injury, not practicing form on squats etc

practice bracing and form hard my man its the gold key to big lifts

what advise do you have for the second half of the 2nd pl8? whys so tough to proceed from 2 to 3pl8?

How long can a novice female expect to benefit from StrongLifts 5x5?

My RMs are shit , thought of doing , you suggest something if u have other good options.

If form is on point, and you really cannot progress more on stronglifts move to madcow or texas and be patient, work on the form all the time and post it so pepole can help you (like post it on plg beacuse there are ppl with good knowledge) and learn to fail and dump the bar or use safites if you power rack have them, dont have pepole spotting you on squat

do not fuck around and I personally wouldnt advise getting on thing like 5/3/1 beacuse this literally slows your progress and you dont practice lift enough

Depends on many factors, change program when you cannot progress no longer (cut to 3x5 if must, but for me 3x3 and lower is just not practicing lift often enough)

Women tend to need 15% more volume than man strengtheory.com/do-women-need-to-train-any-differently/

so you can switch to man programming later but increase overall volume (if man have 25 reps for given workout you should have like 27-29)

also add accesories like hip thrusts etc. They will do you good

Good for you, again keep your form on point and always film yourself. I was brushing off slight lumbar curve during deadlift and during the day I wasn't aware of my posture - thanks to all that I have L5/S1 disc herniation and another disc protrusion mid-back.

and to addition fucked up deadlift form can cause APT problems

Interesting link, thank you.

My old routine was like this -
Monday - Chest/triceps
Tuesday - Back/biceps
Wednesday - Shoulders
Thursday - Chest/Triceps/Legs
Friday - Biceps
People said that its too much and I should stick to a beginner program as 1 year of experience ain't much , idk much about this , help please. I am sooo confused right now , what to do ?

post your stats (weight, height, bench, squat, dl) than I will be able to tell you what to do

PULL
Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls
PUSH
4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

ICF5x5 is looking great , is it good for a person with 1 year of experience. ICF is almost same as SL , just with accessories .

it all depends on your lifts, if you fucked around for a year you could still make progress on SL.

Weight - 185 lbs
Height -
These are the max weights I can perform 1 rep:
Bench - 90 lbs
Squat - 176 lbs
Deadlifts - 110 lbs
OHP - 88 lbs
I know all of these are shit as fuck :(

PPL is 2 times more often going to the gym with no noticable difference in gains for a beginner. If you have the time to go 6 times per week its okay I guess.
3 times full body is more efficient in effort/ gains ratio for a beginner.

Is SL advised for someone cutting and doing cardio 3x/week?

do stronglifts, starting strenght with accesories (ICF 5x5 will be good)

practice every of this lift and learn about form beacuse im 100% positive its shitty

if you have any videos post them so we could help

it all depends on your strenght, for int-advanced fuck no, but beginner will still make nice progress on it

>Okay guys , lets conclude this
SL 5x5 (with accessories) vs ICF 5x5 or PPL (as suggest by )
My main aim is hypertrophy , making muscle mass. So with which one should I go.
PS - >Lemme repeat this shit for 99th time , I've a experience of one year , and people sayin SL not good for me etc. I dunno much about this , so tell pls.
I do have made gains with my past routine. I want to change. It was 5 week program.

These are all strength training, if you want hypertrophy do something else.

Your strenght is not existing my man. SL 5x5 with accesoriess (ICF 5x5 is SL with accesories but you can add diffrent one if you want)

Ppl determined that SL is not for you beacuse they think that your strenght is already past novice phase, well with 185lbs and 110lbs deadlift its at untrained as fuck phase.

I know mate , so imma stick with ICF (will add some incline DB/BB presses). My strength lacks due to my fucking gym. No one in my gym does deadlifts and gym even provided me with a routine. I discovered deadlifts and strength training after i lifted for around 8-9 months. Now , I'll do some serious lifting. I'll post my progress here soon :D Thanks bruh!

>forearms specific workout is a meme

grip trainer has basically doubled my grip strength
wrist roller, reverse curls have both added significant amount of mass to my forearms

>>>>>reddit

do canditos LP

only usesful thing of this 3 is wrist roller, this shit in fact works

tru , others just give a good pump.