Why are some gym teachers such assholes?

>First day at the gym
>white teacher comes up to me says im squatting wrong
>teaches me the right way is a half squat
>I keep doing it my (Rippetoe's) way
>he doesn't mind and never bothers me again
ffs one month (today)
>nigger teacher comes up to me saying i'm squatting wrong
>teaches me the same retarded half-squat
>completely calm I tell him i'd rather do it the way I always did it
>calls me ignorant, says I do everything wrong
>says my OHP hurts his eyes (because I do it standing and somehow thats wrong)
>I keep my calm and just say that's the way I learned how to do it
>''look man, I have the credentials, you're being fucking ignorant right now. You train wrong, you do everything wrong. You're just all wrong man.
>now everytime I do anything he just looks at me in disdain.

Worst part is I kinda need help with some exercises, i'm pretty sure my BB Row form is wrong, but I ask him for help and he just goes
>Oh now you want my help? You're just ignorant, everything you're doing is wrong. YOU TRAIN WRONG.

The fuck am I supposed to do? I'm thinking about going full autismo and printing a bunch of images and proof of how to squat right from like Rippetoe and famous powerlifters and shit just to prove him wrong

I was going to reply seriously but then I noticed the facebook filename. Everything you do is wrong.

but you are squatting wrong....

You just gonna let him talk shit to you like that?

fair enough

No i think you just train wrong. You fuckup.

dude i'm small (why I am at the gym) and very beta, also I don't want to make enemies at a place I will have to go almost everyday

Challenge him to a meet. Whoever totals higher is the authority.

I am willing to admit I don't have perfect form, but he told me not to lock my knees, keep my feet parallel AND to use this fucking thing

He was fucking right, you fuckup. You train wrong, you're igmorant, and you mess up everything.

Report him to the main desk/manager/owner/whatever stating he verbally harassed you
He'll get fired

that seems a little extreme, I just got a little offended. No need to destroy the dude's life

>"Rippetoe and famous powerlifters"
Yeah, use the fatass powerlifters who don't use correct form to show how your form is correct.

just tell him thanks for the advice and ask someone else for help/form checks? ffs

>gym teacher

Holy fuck are you ever underaged

or not americlap

i'm not American that's all

Then slash his tires,that'll piss him off

Just keep doing what you're doing. Remember that everybody who has been in a gym for 5 minutes will teach you. Keep doing what the book says and if you want form control go to the starting strength forum and not this shithole.

Had a similar thing happen to me recently. I actually changed gyms over it

>You're young (27) therefore you do not and could not know anything about lifting
>I'm old and fat so I know everything and am infallible

Not gonna give a gym money where a pt will walk up to me and basically tell me I'm stupid because I don't do something his way

Ultimate cue is be stronger than him

>PT sees me warmuping
>ready to start saying all is bad and no gains for me
>I load 4pl8
>HOLA THERE
>mirin me rest of workout

ay thanks thats pretty helpful. But to be fair most ppl at the gym are pretty nice. Especially the older huge guys, always willing to help a beginner out

I just started out but one day..
one day...

Success is the best revenge I guess

Yeah they usually are nice and even mean well but the problem is that they usually have no idea about training. If you read starting strength you know more than 90% of the guys including the trainers.

problem is where I live I don't think any other gym will have more sensible ppl. It's just a whole country of myths and misconceptions
(Guess which country btw)

Thread should have been called "why are niggers such niggers"

Smack the shit out of that nigger and fond a better gym that doesn't cater to normalfag's fear of proper exercise form.

there are no good gyms in this shithole unfortunately

>personal trainer in my gym keeps telling me form is wrong
Nah it isn't
>No I mean your form is fine but you do it THIS way
I think I'll just stick to my routine thanks, man
>oh ok well let me get you set up for my personal training week
>that will be an extra $250 per month
no I don't want to sign up for this
>but your form is all wrong why not sign up???
>I've been doing this routine for a while now and it's amazing
Where did you learn?
>the internet
Alright that's all I needed to know
>but you're wrong man just sign up!

They keep bothering me. I just want to be left alone and lift, hopefully they will leave me alone soon.

we should all just get a home gym

Think about it like this, you have 1 teacher who is an asshole. He has how many students that he treats like shit that don't want to speak up? Fuck him, it's his job to help you not harass you. Ruin his life. He deserves it. If he treats you like that in a public professional setting, think about how bad he treats his family at home.

I went to the gym for 2 months, the trainer always told me to do 15 reps with low weight. For 2 months I progressed like shit until I decided to fuck all and started lifting with my friends help to correct my form.
Keep in mind, I first asked the trainer to give me strength training and he literally told me that you don't need strength.

Just tell him you're following another trainer's advice.

I think you're viewing this the wrong way. Nobody in my gym does anything even close to the stuff I do (they all do curls and use the machines all day) so this guy probably in his WHOLE LIFE never had anyone disagree with him. I don't think he treats the other ppl like shit because nobody knows what they are doing and just follow any teacher's advice like it's religious text

I was planning on it...but the cardio bunnies keep me motivated to lift heavier...literally the only reason right now I think

the only trainer who bugged me was a 140lb dyel back before i had a homegym

he was full of himself and always talked about how he knew everything about strenght training because he was from some fancy PT school (Strongfirst, i think it was the name)

he started giving good tips on my squat, i actually had trouble with mobility and his suggestions were good, so i gave him credit and followed his next tip

holy fucking shit, his stupid idea of how you're supposed to deadlift almost fucked my back forever, he kept repeating that i should drop the weight after lockout and after only 1 time trying his tips i have scarred shins forever

that bitch didn't know how to bench properly, didn't know how to deadlift or even how to fucking row, he kept complaining about my kroc row form but couldn't pendlay the same weight

after i didnt want his help anymore and complained about hurt back, he started just gazing at me during training from afar, and he would imitate my grunts every time i PR'd.

A couple weeks before i left, I heard him talking to his client about my training, the dude was interested and he dismissed it saying i wasn't a good role model in the gym. The client asked how much could he DL, and he answered 300lbs, I had no idea and started laughing out loud, since my max was 405 at the time and he always talked as if it was low weight for him

what a cunt, i ended up leaving for my home gym and he ended up getting fired a couple months later.

yeah m8, trainers are cunts