Flared Ribs

>pic isn't me but isn't too far off

Will I ever make it?
Any fixes outside of surgery?

Other urls found in this thread:

brentbrookbush.com/articles/corrective-exercise-articles/core-subsystems/intrinsic-stabilization-subsystem/
orthokids.com.au/conditions-treated/scoliosis/pectus-carinatum
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you also have that hole in the middle? Because that's pectus excavatum and I'd say it's much bigger problem visually than flared ribs.

Just exhale, my man

No, I do have a bony lump at the bottom of my sternum though.

Again not me but similar

bump

AthleanX made a video about this, check it out

Do I have that?

I've got that sternum bump too, hardly even noticeable when you put on some muscle, although I'm probably around 15% BF so we'll see what happens after I cut.

Have to see from the side, but doesn't really seem like it.

Your nipples point straight
you're fine

Find a good osteopath. I've seen amazing success stories with fixing ribcage/sternal issues through manual therapy

You're just skinny

To go on from here. Some bone structural issues can be fixed with soft tissue work.

You should explore that idea before jumping in to general anesthesia surgery where you always have a low risk of just straight up DEATH.

Go get a massage first.

It could be your position of taking the photo but I'm seeing a minor C curve scoliosis in your thoracic.

Your sternum looks fine, maybe the fascia on the distal (lower) portion of it is tight

flared ribs can be decreased by training the fuck out of your abs
not fixed but it will make them better
you dont have pectus ex so you are lucky anyway

Yeah, I don't have any side pictures atm but I definitely have a curve in my back. Years of shitty posture, and playing bassdrum in the marching band in highschool probably didn't help.

Possible to fix?

are they displaced or just enlarged?

>you dont have pectus ex

he does, albeit it's slight. deep breathing exercises to strengthen his diaphragm, as well as stretching the fuck out of his pec major and minor while tightening up his upper back should fix him right up.

and yes, he should also strengthen his abs and while stretching his lower back to fix those flared ribs.

Of course. Physical therapy (Professional and Self) can fix postural scoliosis.

It's all about strengthening the weak side and massaging/stretching the shit out of the strong side.

You need to massage/stretch your left side Erectors/Transversospinalis muscles (Spinal stabilizers and rotators) and strengthen the right.

Side bends and rotation to the right.

Go get a remedial massage and do your research on who, because as a student entering this industry...There are a fuck ton of people who don't know their basic anatomy and the fundamentals of how the body moves. They will not help you.

GL

Red flags

- If they just massage using a routine and don't actually assess you.

- The type of language, if they dumb it down to "Oh yeah you have tonnes of knots".

- If they say anything like "You have scoliosis and that can't be fixed without surgery"

- If they hit a tender spot and don't acknowledge it and just keep fucking pushing on it while you're tensing up your whole body, they have no awareness of anything but themselves.

>forever fat
>finally losing weight
>notice my chest sticks out
am I a freak

Weak Serratus Anterior and Obliques/Rectus with Lordosis (Over extension of the lower back)

Train your fucking core and learn to BREATHE with your diaphragm and entire core before you herniate a lumbar disc from lifting too heavy.

Do your research: brentbrookbush.com/articles/corrective-exercise-articles/core-subsystems/intrinsic-stabilization-subsystem/

The subsystem you want to strengthen along with ISS is the Anterior Oblique Subsystem (AOS)

and the bony chest?

I am this guy
Remedial Massage student dabbling in shit that's way above my current level

orthokids.com.au/conditions-treated/scoliosis/pectus-carinatum

You look completely normal.

You just have a big rib cage and you're DYEL, if you put on decent muscle mass no one would see your ribcage, you would just look "big" in a good way.

it really doesn't look like pe at all