Tfw stuck at 75kg bench for the last month

>tfw stuck at 75kg bench for the last month

>tfw I already know your diet is dogshit and that is why

been stuck on 70 for even longer :^)
this is the reason why, im just doubling my protein/fat intake.

>tfw just got to 70kg

You're about to hit a never ending plateau. Enjoy, pal.

Srs?

>train like a retard, bench once a week
>get up to 105kg x 5
>stop training it for 10 months to focus on The Press™
>tested my max again last week
>100kg x 5

CHAD GET OUT OUT

Do dips. Helped me get my 70kg bench to 90kg in a matter of like 3 or 4 months.

t. manlet with short arms and barrel chest

Just be confident bro

lads im stuck between 80 kg and 84 kg 3x5, going up and down week to week pretty much

how do i program to get around this shit, deloading to 72.5 and working back up didnt help

diet and sleep is on point, eating 3000/day and slowly gaining with adequate protein and mostly clean food, sleep 8+ hours

>used to bench 110kg
>haven't worked out in a few years
>going to the gym 2 weeks now and only managed to bench 1pl8

I think it's mostly an issue with my stabilizers though

5' 11, long limbs, go work on your bench.

If everything else is on point there are 2 options.
1. Eat more than necessary and hope it works (usually works, but you'll get fat)
2. Change your program to include more volume for bench or other presses. If you're weak at lockout, include a triceps isolation movement, if you're weak at the bottom, include a chest isolation movement.

I started at bar and worked to 125kg in a year and a half.

The hell are you doing

It's probably a programming issue. What routine are you on? Post it

Unless your wingspan is above 5'11 you do not have long arms. My bench is currently 100kg for a double after 11 months of lifting. I've nothing to complain about really.

Never measured it, point is I'm not a short armed manlet and if anything am at a mechanical disadvantage.

3rd time in gym my bench is 40kg, started off with the bar... i-is that ok? that's about 0.5pl8

just 3x5 bench / ohp every other workout, ss style although i've been microloading with 1 kg increments in an attempt to get around it

nothing else but some tricep isolation every other workout, usually do heavy two arm db tricep extensions around 3x8

i've found excessive eating doesn't help me either, bumped my shit up to 3500 for a few weeks and only really gained faster on lower body movements

i feel like the weakness is just throughout the entire movement, perhaps more volume is the best way to go

would dips be a good way to up volume and if so, how should i program them? weighted?

Not very hard to measure, you have tape measure somewhere around your house. Unless your arms span beyond 5'11 you're objectively not at a disadvantage.

I'm not sure I care enough to be honest

>would dips be a good way to up volume and if so, how should i program them? weighted?
Yes, definitely. If you can do sets of 10 with your bodyweight, start doing them weighted.

it might just be mental

I was stuck at 87.5 for a really long time (struggling to get ever get 3x5), then I just said fuck it one day and put 90 and lifted it 3x5

Fair enough.

>SS style
Firstly, SS is designed to run you into a wall. 3x5s stalling is a normal, expected, response. As the other chap said, you can change your programming or get to excessive eating to push through the stall as rip suggests (assuming you're correct in saying that your sleep and diet etc are adequate)

Secondly, SS isn't great for upper body lifts. Maybe it's time to transition to the TM (which can be set up to emphasise bench with more room to program necessary accessories via the split template, check it out in Justin lascek's ebooks). This is the next logical step for you if you don't fancy being a fat fuck.

I did something similar and had the same experience of SS as you. My squat and deadlift kept increasing while my bench and press stalled. It's absolutely fine to TM program these two lifts while you keep linearly progressing your squat and deadlift.

Pathetic. You might as well give up.

Adding onto this,

After reading others posts about wingspan I went and measured mine for the first time.

6'5 wingspan
125KG 1RM

You guys should try harder.

thanks lads, appreciate it

gonna check out what i can change in terms of programming and assistance since it feels like what i'm doing is shit both ways

advice like this is why i come here, you guys are great

I want to also add that the other anons suggestion of doing dips as an accessory is a great idea. I've also had success with heavy presses (makes your shoulders feel very securely locked in place during bench) and paused close grip bench presses (great for encouraging good bench form and gets the triceps strong as fuck).

Do some accessory work and don't listen to the guys telling you it's your diet. It's not. It's form and some muscles lagging behind.

Guarantee you add in incline DB press for one week and you'll add 10 lb to your bench. People on this board significantly overestimate diet in terms of strength and underestimate accessory work.

Come on man, don't throw around advice like that and pass it off as gospel. Never heard of anyone with a strong bench who did incline DB press as their primary accessory work when dips etc are an option. And that bollocks about diet DEFINITELY not being a factor... maybe your TDEE is lower than his. Maybe 3k cals is fine for you. But it sure as hell isn't for me and might not be for people here either.

What's worked for you, worked for YOU and will not work for everyone.

We aren't talking about someone with a strong bench. We are talking about a guy who stalled at 75kg.