When you break the 500 lb. mark on deadlift, people start coming up and initiating conversations

When you break the 500 lb. mark on deadlift, people start coming up and initiating conversations.

no they don't

most i've gotten is two old black dudes asking me how much weight that was and unironically calling me big guy (4 u)

>tfw your poverty diddly is 365x1
>tfw the randomest people talk to you
>tfw you just say random shit in return

Good thing lifting hasn't cured my autismatronics.

>tfw go to gym at either 10am or 2pm
>almost always empty
>no one to see my 4pl8 diddlies
>no one to wait to finish up using the squat rack

Being in an empty gym feels great.

why that guy doesn't put it on the ground? looks like it is heavy us fuck, is this his job?

>tfw one of the stronger deadlifters at my gym with a 160kg pull
It's mostly middle aged dudes who rarely go above 110kg, and are stuck in the eternal 60-80kg limbo on bench and squat. Then there's the one outlier monster who can pull 300kg.

guys SS noob here

I just failed my LMAO 2 PL8 1x5 first attempt because of my grip, on the third rep the bar slipped from my hands

is this a sign that I should start using mixed grip?

No. Improve your grip. Grip harder.
During last rep stand as long as you can until grip totally fails.

that or straps or hook grip

still work on grip (do double overhand on warm-up sets), but don't let it be your limiting factor

Not him, but what should I do until then? Stop progressing?

Get chalk if you don't have it. Switched to mixed grip mid set when double overhand fails.

My favorite is chalk + hook grip. Feels the most secure.

I call this poor advice. No need to turn deadlift into a forearm exercise and potentially spoil sets by dropping the bar halfway through.

Use a normal grip till you get close to your limit, then use hook/straps/whatever and afterwards make sure to train your grip with heavy holds till failure.

Don't stunt your deadlift for dogged adherence to pulling what you can hold. Get stronger in both areas simultaneously by doing the above.

Learn hook grip as soon as possible - get used to it so you don't have to use mixed grip. Use it only when double overhand fails. Chalk during heavier sets. It's fine to use straps for very heavy weights.

i would say if you plan to use mixed grip for a top set, you should use it for all sets leading up to it

there are minor variations in form with mixed vs DOH

mike tuscherer has a good post about this somewhere, he thinks the specific adaptations you get from having one hand constantly supinated (bicep tendon gets stronger) will prevent it from rupturing, whereas if you pull DOH and only sometimes switched to mixed for top sets (or alternate hands on mixed) it might be more likely to tear

possibly do some shrugs with no straps, or just stick with 205-220 until you feel confident enough to go for 225 again

I've only ever seen this happen with small guys or dudes that nobody expects to be pulling/pushing much

there's a big guy at my uni gym that can deadlift 6pl8's, but nobody even bats an eyelash because they expect him to be doing that

Just use fucking straps. Faggots will have a hissy fit that it's wrong, but i'll be fucked if i'm going to let a weak grip limit how much I can lift, I'm not training for a raw powerlifting meet, so it literally doesn't matter.

This. Mixed or hook grip is fine, but try to use double overhand when you can.

chalk is GOAT

It depends on the gym you are in

I deadlifted 250lbs and everybody stop whatever they were doing and looked at me lift, I was the only one that deadlifted, squated below parallel, OHP...

It was a small family owned gym, run by the sons that were in their 20's that studied sports ed.

One guy even approached me and asked me if I was in the Olympics lol

>not using chalk and mixed grip
forearmlet

>girl who sits across from you in class comes up to you before class
>sits across from you in hallway
>starts making small talk
>opens her legs to me several times
>she's kinda interesting
>hope she talks to me again

>250lbs deadlift
>op is a fag
>>

you dont need straps if you dont pull heavy. Anything below 4pl8 can EASILY be pulled with mixed grip if you really need to. Honestly I have never failed with a mixed grip and I can DL 4.5pl8 which is still not a lot if you do mixed grip.

How much are you deadlifting?

I haven't had my grip stop me yet and I'm past 4 plates. I feel like my grip trains faster than the rest of my deadlift.

My order of lifting goes:

Warm ups: Overhand

1st set: overhand with chalk

every other set: Mixed grip with chalk

Not sure if my 1rm would go up with straps though, never tried them.

>things that never happened

if your grip is not the problem why would your 1RM go up using straps ?

It is actually true, pulled 540lb and had loads of dude bros ask how much it is and some old bloke tell me that its strong as fuck.

Depends on his ser design. You don't want to be using hookgrip if you're repping out 5 sets of 5.

Do farmers walks at the end of your workout to work your grip and traps
I do this and can hold over 600 lbs in my hands easily

I doubt it's a lie, I'm a noob deadlifting 100kg and sometimes normies start talking to me about it, one asked if I was in an american football team.

People started watching me once I broke 250.

no they don't.
t. 585@201 deadlift

Double overhand for warmups, hook grip for work sets.

Don't do mixed, do hook grip.

Hook grip takes a bit getting used to but one bad lift with mixed and you pop a bicep.

thats cause sub 400 wilks no one cares

My wilks is 435 though

Wrong. I hook grip and often have 5 sets of 8 deadlifts.
You don't hook grip every rep. You double overhand till your grip starts failing, then you hook grip.
Next set you double overhand again and hook grip only when you can't pick it up anymore.

I'm doing 3x8 225 with mixed grip... not sure if I'm cruisin for a bruisin tho. Maybe it's time to get a belt?

This is true. Especially if you're under 180lbs. Unfortunately every single one of them will be dudes, and all the girls will look at you and think you're retarded and lifting too much weight. This is why you never lift for females.

>sub 3x bodyweight deadlift...

of course no one compliments you. If you were 165ish lbs then you'd get people talking to you.

t. manlet

You dont need a belt you need to increase your grip strength.

shrek ears

kek as if people know the difference

>relative strength