Comments from your dyel friends

>Eww, I think you're getting one of those hunchbacks around your neck from lifting weights, user. You'd better be careful!
>Are you really drinking ANOTHER protein shake? I just saw you drinking one yesterday.
>I see you drinking protein shakes sometimes. Do you, like, eat real food too?
>I don't get it. Why are you still lifting weights? You already have muscle.

One other thing: 90 percent of my friends are completely oblivious to steroid use and literally don't even know that the Mr. Olympia competitors use steroids, let alone fitness models, Hollywood actors, et cetera. One of my best friends freaked the fuck out when I mentioned the fact that his beloved football team is almost certainly full of steroid users, like every other team in the NFL.

The other 10 percent are convinced that everyone with a halfway respectable physique MUST be on something.

Why the fuck is Veeky Forums so fucking shit at making friends? My circle of friends from high school were either skinny nerds or chubby anime watchers and all of us are hitting the gym now and keeping eachother updated on progress even though we're in all in different countries. Our main inspiration was [spoiler]JoJo[/spoiler]

Not OP but I have no idea. All my friends are social losers themselves. And the few cool ones are busy working and saving money and don't have time to work out

comments from my friends

>

haha get it i dont have any

I have about a dozen or so friends in my immediate circle. We all give each other shit about looking small or big.
3 are PTs (1 competes in powerlifting)
5+ others go to a gym or the PTs' gyms
the rest play some sort of sport

feels good man

Those were my friends in high school, and they're all still chubby deadbeats with no motivation to do anything but play vidya, watch anime and work a dead end job.
It feels like I'm leaving them behind as I'm the only one with a decent job, lift, watch what I wear/eat, etc.

Some of my friends lift, but I agree with you on the steroid thing. People literally don't get that a lot of major athletes are on the juice.

>Start getting Veeky Forums way back in high school
>Fellow nerd DYEL friends rag on me for it like crazy
>Own it, in-joke memes ensue
>One day months later I flex for some cheeky reason or other
>Comments change to, "Oh wow user, you actually followed through. That's really cool man."

Still some of my best friends to this day (I'm now 25). Once in a blue moon the same old jokes still come up and give us a laugh. Your friends sound gay senpai.

my friends are supportive and not spergs so I have nothing to contribute to these threads. I'm betting 90% of shit in here Is made up because only turbo autists say shit like this

This hit home :(

>I just want a six pack for the summer

The week after hurting his shoulder during his bi-weekly flat bench/curl sessions, my dad told me I do too many curls (4x10) and I'll hurt my knees if I keep squatting.

He also didn't understand why I told him to use bar clips, why flailing his arms around for 30 seconds doesn't count as a warmup for 1pl8 bench, why I told him to stop jogging if his knees hurt and cycle instead and why I told him he should stop doing 1000 reps of situps and consider other ab exercises.

He likes to regale me with stories about how he could deadlift a car and how he and his bros used to be huge.

I hate old people.

He can still run if his knees hurt.
He can do interval sprinting up a steep as fuck hill.

I seriously don't get why people still jog. Sprinting uphill is better in every way, you see results after the first time doing it.

Haha....right?

At least people look at me occasionally at the gym.

>"Hey man! We gotta work out together sometime!"

>This never happens

>I respect your lifting goals I wish you the best
>I wish I had discipline to eat like you
>hey can you help me out with my routine
I love my friends, all of them.

Jogging is nice and relaxing, man. I just like to leisurely enjoy nature sometimes, no harm in that.

Fuck this triggered me before I had a chance to realize the perception it is relayed in.

>"hey man, you've got so much bigger since last time i've seen you"
and similar, because my friends aren't cunts

Talking about people who jog for the health and cardio benefits and thinks jogging is boring. I know a lot of these people and it feels like I discovered some hidden fitness cheat when I moved next to a super steep road and starting sprinting up it every day. In a few weeks my calves were pretty big and I could run almost forever without ever having to stop for a breather.

>seeing your friends so infrequently they can notice size difference
alternatively
>being friends with people who tell white lies about your apperance
ur friends are cunts still sry bro

Most of my colleagues fail to understand the nutritional dedication it takes to gain weight as an athlete and they all think I have an eating disorder.

the only friends who comment on my appearance are those who don't see me frequently
>implying i implied that i don't have any regular m8s
your mummy doesn't notice you growing, why would they

go get insulted by your beer buddies

I don't have any friends though

>not seeing your old friends that you had to leave because college
I'm sorry you had no social life in HS.

But on the other hand, a lot of my friends from nursing school have complimented me on my traps and arms. Feels good but I'm still dyel. Which is also why I'm bulking.

I dropped out of HS to play WoW
>school
never ever gonna make it

You from Florida bro?

My friends get on me sometimes for regularly lifting and eating clean and shit, but it's all harmless and I do the same to them about their hobbies.

I've actually gotten a few of them into lifting and one is now totally invested in it and goes to the gym with me almost every day. Another is just now starting out and I've given him a beginner program along with advice on how to eat, what programs to look at in the future, etc.

People call me "Mr. Steroids" and shit like that but I'm not even close to looking like I'm on gear. I'm assuming it's because I have naturally wide shoulders and sub 15% bf, but I'm pretty DYEL by Veeky Forums standards.

wide shoulders are a curse

so hard to build a decent chest

Can sympathize, but much better than being a narrow-shouldered twink.

he's not wrong
>inb4 but le aestethics xD

>Edward Norton was huge in American History X, had to be on steroids

He's not awful. No idea why Veeky Forums shits on him so much.

Holy fuck I saw that comment today.

delete this

>that
>huge

he looks good, he's just not huge

One of the main reasons that I am working out is to make my friends feel like shit.

>why flailing his arms around for 30 seconds doesn't count as a warmup for 1pl8 bench

2017, still falling for the warmup meme

I mean, he is quoting what supposedly non lifters say.

Do you recommend just 1 sprint up per day? How far and how many times, and how often?

Deadlifting a car is actually really easy desu anyone could do it, especially a small FWD car

>You've gotten bigger since you've started working here. Really filling out those sweaters. Looks good
thanks fat office woman
i've become a beacon of fitness for the floor im on and fat office woman is even putting in effort to lose weight. they all think im rich and go out often with friends. im a fucking dork and introvert, playing video games and dragon dildos all the time. life is weird.

>omg Stacy he's so hot he has abs!!!!

Shitty friends, OP

all of mine, literally all, at least attempted lifting, and most do it consistently now

>aren't squats for girls?

>I'll hurt my knees if I keep squatting.
this, i actually have knee pain in my right knee and he thinks that squats are the cause for some reason

My best friend is a skeletor excelsus. 186cm and 60kg bodyweight. Told him yesterday I pressed a pl8 (60kg) for 3x5 and he was so fucking uncomfortable. Got into a discussion about weight later on and he said like he always do:
>I got a fast metabolism
>I eat so fucking much bro
And he genuinely believes he eats much.

From the back maybe. I doubt you can lift the engine + tranny.

I'm pretty dyel in my opinion, but my normie co-workers always compliment me on my physique.

Start off easy with one sprint and work your way up to 8 sprints 1-2 times a week.

>look m8 I appreciate your concern but you obviously know Jack All about fitness and nutrition

Its not hard and if your Friends arent snarky bitches you can drop this

>only lists girlyman faggot sports for twink shits and no real sports like rugby or shotput
top kek

>The other 10 percent are convinced that everyone with a halfway respectable physique MUST be on something
that's whole Veeky Forums. They can't build anything worthy mentioning therefore other guys must be juicing

How to get friends as an older fuck? I've moved around a bunch, most recently a year and a half ago. I talk to people, get numbers and meet up etc but very few seem to stick except for fellow transplants. It doesn't help that doing social stuff seems to involve drinking 90% of the time around here.

>look like a chad, get treated like one

Amen

>Heh, I'll surely beat him with my superior speed
I'm so fucking mad I didn't save that image because I end up needing it every time I come here

>dad was a body builder in college
>won a couple of local tournaments
>slipped a disc back in 2010

>every time I work out he tells me not to squat or deadlift or I'll end up like him
>he got me a belt when I just started and I'm barely lifting 1pl8
>tells me to just do cardio or curls because that's all girls care about anyway

Thanks dad..

You have a good dadbro

Yeah, he actually bought me my entire home gym over the past few years of birthdays + christmas. Now I don't even need a gym membership.

>He likes to regale me with stories about how he could deadlift a car and how he and his bros used to be huge.

He just wants you to think he's cool, user. Be nicer to your old man, he won't be around forever.