Can't go to the gym atm, what calisthenics routine can I do at home in the meantime...

Can't go to the gym atm, what calisthenics routine can I do at home in the meantime? I'm also thinking of just not going to the gym and doing a home workout routine or some outdoors calisthenics park type shit. What type of body can I hope to get from calisthenics? Will I gain any more or any less from any aspects of it compared with lifting? What about face gains are they real or just genetic? Would lifting make my jaw any squarer? Would you bulk the same when doing calisthenics as you would with lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/military-fitness/workouts/avoid-gym-by-using-calisthenics
youtu.be/JRmsDjMujjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

best calisthenics is walking to the gym to lift some weight you fucking pansy

I guess you're right, I'll wait and see if anyone else can answer my questions though

I was considering training like this to combine it with boxing. Not really sure if it's worth it though, seems like a lot of work compared with just lifting 3 days a week.

bump

I have a friend who's god a very decent shape by doing 20 minutes of calisthenics a day.

As usual, this stuff various depending on genetics. Of course it will improve your muscles, and if your goal is to not start out at DYEL levels when you first go to the gym (because you find it embarrassing), your best bet is pushups, reverse dips (use a table), planks, and so forth. Basically this is what the military uses, and military dudes look buff as fuck.

pullup progression
dip or handstand pushup progression
body row progression
pushup progression
pistol squat progression

hollowbody hold, plank, superman
hanging leg lift, dragonflags

Bump

Just watch ghetto workout, calisthenics routines, low level gymnast stuff.
But ignore the obviously juiced guys.
You can get a good body.

And don't forget to work on your legs. Various squat variations, and GHR is basically all you need to be honest.

military.com/military-fitness/workouts/avoid-gym-by-using-calisthenics

This is all you really need if you want to avoid the gym all together.

You will reach a plateau due to your muscles finding these exercises too easy after a while. That's when you need to go to the gym to progress.

>You will reach a plateau due to your muscles finding these exercises too easy after a while. That's when you need to go to the gym to progress.

there's harder variations of every exercise listed. in fact each of those exercises in your link are beginner calisthenics exercises

Going by this I've been on the right track anyway, I've just been doing 4 sets of push ups until failure and ending it with a plank until failure every weekday. I'm gonna try push ups and pull ups for 4 sets and then end with sit ups for 4 days a week instead.

Question, how the fuck do you do pushups?

I swear I'm not very fat and I do have decent muscle, but never in my life ahve I been any good at pushups. After just a few I have to give up.

I put my hands out infront of me, make sure they're lined up equal, roughly shoulder length apart and keep my body straight with my toes touching the floor and then you bend your elbows and lower yourself and then push back up.

If you meant how do I do them I just push myself to my limit and if I run out of breath I pause on the up rep and then carry on until my arms won't lift me any more

A lot of the "harder" ones require gear. Also some are weird and a waste of time (like the pushups where you put your feet up a wall and do pushups with only your hands). Once you can do 20 of any of those exercises without even feeling it in your muscles, you're wasting a lot of your time.

>What type of body can I hope to get from calisthenics? Will I gain any more or any less from any aspects of it compared with lifting? What about face gains are they real or just genetic? Would lifting make my jaw any squarer? Would you bulk the same when doing calisthenics as you would with lifting?

>A lot of the "harder" ones require gear.
pullups already require a bar. rings and parallettes are hardly anything.

>Also some are weird and a waste of time (like the pushups where you put your feet up a wall and do pushups with only your hands). Once you can do 20 of any of those exercises without even feeling it in your muscles, you're wasting a lot of your time.

thats like me saying bench pressing is a waste of time. obviously you can add weight to it.
likewise changing the leverage and position you do "those weird exercises" make them significantly harder.
the stuff olympic gymnasts do takes years and years to accomplish so you're not gonna stop progressing like you think

also want to add, 20 free standing handstand pushups take alot more strength than im assuming you think they do. even then you can work on doing them one handed

im not advocating against going to the gym, its honestly alot better for strength gains.

sorry you think these are a waste of time user
youtu.be/JRmsDjMujjo

Dude, I can garauntee that the person saying that has all of two months of lifting under their weightbelt if that and still struggles with basic calisthenics exercises.