Powerlifting is a mental illness

Powerlifting is a mental illness

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyxSgZi5Ftc
strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg.
youtube.com/watch?v=IeVVesT5CCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of he stayed at two and did a bro split he could have been our new king

Powerlifting permabulking = never making it

>still has the most dyel face and haircut possible
izlee izlee izlee

>Chubby nerd at the end.

Would suck the protein out of his man hose.

No homo.

He needs steroids if he's going to permabulk

Fucking dyel twinks itt. He looks great. Solid, thicc, and joocy. No homo.

You neber leern

mong won

yo is that MC Ride?

>Natty lifting

most people on this board would kill for his #2 physique kek. is that even natty or was he on gear?

Drug-free.

was he always just doing PL or did he do some BB work before that? kind of curious which program he did to get such good balanced physique

IIRC he was a rower before he took up powerlifting.

youtube.com/watch?v=nyxSgZi5Ftc

Powerliftan

I've always done sport. Either WL, PL or rowing (crew).

>mfw all the gay anons love me and all the straight anons are repulsed

Really made me ponder

A lot of losers flock to powerlifting because of its simplicity, the fact that you can look like shit and the false sense of accomplishment you get from it.

what's your current bf? do you plan on cutting anytime soon?

Dunno. High as. Not cutting until 2018 at the earliest.

aren't you afraid of losing tons of strength when you'll be forced to cut for so long? or do you plan on going fraud?

This. Powerlifting is for people too weak to do strongman, too unskilled to do oly lifting, and too fat/unaesthetic to do bodybuilding.

Yes.

I'll never, ever, EVER fraud. I hate drugaroos.

Most of the powerlifters that are in weight groups don't look bad while most strongman are truly fat.

then why keep delaying it and making it even worse?

strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/

I'm straight and I love you senpai. N... no homo tho

Lmao, the same can be said about bodybuilding. The whole scene is full of losers.
I was bodybuilding for 4 years and I realized how utterly stupid it is. Literally repetitively lifting light weights for the sole purpose of pumping a muscle up to grow bigger. As natties, most people get nowhere. Usually because they never are even strong enough to do a decent hypertrophy workout.

Powerlifting gets you very strong, quickly. And it feels great. Not to mention it packs on size better than any bodybuilding routine, for a natural.
Get your lifts to 4/3/2/1 and you will already be pretty big. Push into advanced numbers and you will be jacked, no way around it. Then, if you still care about looks, you can accessorize to balance your physique and youll actually make some fucking gains in those areas maybe

TL;DR: bodybuilding is fucking pointless for natties. If you want to get big, lift heavy

>TL;DR: bodybuilding is fucking pointless for natties. If you want to get big, lift heavy
>TL;DR

Alright, post body.

is this why all swole guys in my gym almost never touch decent weights?

Cutting to 93 will not make me stronger. In fact it will do the opposite. I am 103kg. I am not excessively fat.

His current bf is called Esmeralda :^)

>Best deadlifter who holds several regional records at my gym hardly looks like he lifts

Really makes you think

i don't really know the tripfags and their genders but are there actually others here that are traps apart from trappy?

>I am not excessively fat.
In that last pic in the OP, you ARE excessively fat.

>Drug-free.

>REEEEEEE I HATE PEOPLE WHO TAKE DRUGS
>proceeds to become a fat disgusting mess who is more unhealthy than those on drugs
10/10 would read again.

Some ppl just have great leverages. What are his other lifts?

>what is a bulk
Stay DYEL with your 12 rep body builder arnold routine dummy. Youre only hope is juicing

>What are his other lifts?
Squat and Bench Press.

>implying

>>what is a bulk
Unnecessary. Being fat is always unhealthy. And most idiots cut too aggressive and lose most of the strength they gained.

Lmfao. Numbers you trolling retard. Actually nvm KYS dyel

Tbh yeah he does. The range of motion when he deadlifts is ridiculous.

your argument will always fall through, because it is based on OPINION rather than fact.
Fact: Some bodybuilders are severely dysmorphic and pursue the sport to unhealthy ends.
Fact: Most people who claim to be "powerlifters" on this site - something from which we can take an actual sample of people - are fat, untrained, and, like the previous guy said, do it purely to feel satisfaction in an area of their life they otherwise do not receive.

I'm no bodybuilder, but I appreciate that strategically adding mass to certain areas, whilst simultaneously maintaining a low body fat, is very rewarding. I Look good, I feel good, everyone gets mires from a proper body that you know you've worked for.

On the other hand, I also love pursuing feats of strength, for the same reasons. It's rewarding setting a challenge and achieving it, when only few could.

What you said about packing on size is false, because your size is mostly fat, not lean muscle mass. Your numbers will definitiely improve if you increase calories, that's for sure ... but don't lie to people just because you have no self control to bulk properly.

Why does every fat boi make himself so detectable? Why can't you just let people try for the goals they want? All i do when I lurk here is see people like you justifying themselves for no reason, it's tiring, and this is the internet... no one cares about your fake numbers, they mostly just want to look and feel good about themselves so why not help them out?

Powerlifting is dumb. Nobody cares what you bench/squat/deadlift but you and a bunch of fat gymcels who are too autistic for sex.

Cut back down and be aesthetic again.

Isley for next Zyzz.

You honestly sound like someone who is a novice lifter. Powerlifters get fat because it helps them with the big 3. Its a conscious choice they make. You can be aesthetic and powerlift, but the lower body fat will lower your lifts. Also I personally prefer my body at 15-18% bf in terms of aesthetics. It gives a fuller look, which is ok for a natty lifter.

>Powerlifters get fat because it helps them with the big 3
suuuuuure

Ok?

>You can be aesthetic and powerlift, but the lower body fat will lower your lifts

This is simply not true. There are tons of ripped PL that are world class. Hell, there is even some tiny asian guy that weighs like 150 lbs and benches over 400 youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg.

This woman would destroy IPF squat record for her bodyweight youtube.com/watch?v=IeVVesT5CCQ

Do you think clarence kennedy is unaesthetic? (Hes probably juicing, but he does strength training)

>false sense of accomplishment you get from it
they move more weight than we'll ever think of moving though
just because your goal is to look pretty (which you don't!) doesn't mean it's everyone else's goal, too
at some point you just have to stop being an envious little pussy and face reality

unless you feel like proving me wrong by posting your stats and "aesthetic" skinnyfat body :^)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

>What is steroids
>what is ideal leverages
>what is cherry picking

The top dawgs in the sport are fat. Just accept this and stop being a contrarian

>Hes probably juicing
>probably

MCdonald Ride

"I don't care how big you are, if you aren't strong you're a sham. Having big muscles and no strength is the training equivalent of wearing a strap-on. All show and no go. End of story." - Jim Wendler

not him but he IS right

mass moves mass
it's simple physics really
and there's a difference whether that extra weight is on the bar or on your belly and hips close to your center of mass

the reason there are world-class powerlifters in their categories who are not fat is because they're either exceptionally gifted and don't need to, don't want to or it's simply not feasible in their weight class

You sound angry m8.

Kek

And you sound like I absolutely hit the nail on the head skinnyfatty :^)

You do know that weight classes exist? In those people are NOT fat and have pretty amazing physiques desu. When a lifter is fat they are most likely in the last weight category.

>it's simple physics really
Can you show me some diagrams or formulas that prove this?

or just cut?

It's funny because I'm actually doing powerlifting.

Ya youre right. I was just thinking about the biggest dudes/record setters. And I agree with you

of course you are that's why you've posted your stats when I asked you to

you completely outed yourself skinnyfatty
don't bother replying, nobody cares about your 2pl8 deadlifts which you'll e-stat anyway

You have to look at records from all weight classes though. A world record is a world record. Yeah the biggest guys will move most weight and everyone knows that but the relationship between bodyweight and weight moved is not linear and very rapidly starts to decline and even produce negative results past a certain point.

Ok ok jeez chill isley. We dont all live and breathe this shit like you man

Who the fuck are you talking to?

he IS juicing, moron. that's why he looks great and is strong as fuck. what is your point?

You can't just cherry-pick literally just ONE guy who is aesthetic and strong to prove anything, you have to admit that most amateur powerlifters' (from what I have seen on this board, and in my life) use it as an excuse to be fat.

>Look at last picture
>get boner

What the fuck

I have no quarrel in admitting that mass moves mass (to an extent) because it holds true for lean mass and minimal excess fat. Pls don't pretend that all of them do it strategically, as opposed to lack of self control.

If you wanna be higher bf good for you mate, srs. each to their own but don't lie

you like chubby guys don't you

I don't think so?

Nah Esme is a real girl.

She's just a really ugly coalburning gyppo. Though she does seem like a nice person and is actually pretty strong.

>Fact: Most people who claim to be "powerlifters" on this site - something from which we can take an actual sample of people - are fat, untrained
Wrong. The only powerlifters on the site are found in /plg/, most of which are athletic and not even that fat (George being a notable exception)

Idk about others but if I didnt force myself to eat id lose 15lb in a month. The thing with natty lifting is you will gain fat. Its not a cycle where you put on 20lb of lean mass and no fat

I know you will gain fat natty, I never said otherwise. I'm also natty. So if I can repeatedly increase muscle (+ some fat) and then reduce my fat later on whilst holding on to most muscle, why can't you?

the fat gain can easily be reduced to a point of it being a non factor with cardio and not so high bulking calories. if you do cardio and only eat 200-300 over you can essentially bulk for entire year and relatively staying at the same bf%. in worse case you are forced to cut for a week or two at most. but to accomplish such small caloric surplus bulk you have to track calories rigorously and have access to pretty accurate bf testing often and most people don't so that's why most of them stick to around 500 because it's harder to miscalculate.

What kind of question is this. Cutting is easier than bulking lets be honest. Less time spent cooking, eating and less money on food. Only chronic fatties have a problem with this. Also id rather get my lifts higher and cut later than be doing bulks and cuts every 3 months. Once I hit 315 bench 5rm at the end of this year ill do a cut

i disagree, bulking is way easier mentally and physically. And this is coming from a former skeleton, I don't cut every 3 months I just never let my bf get too high in the first place.
Honestly I hope you get where you want to because most of this board does exactly what youre doing and then never loses all of their excess fat

Serious question
What's the difference between powerlifting and olympic weightlifting?

Not if you want to make ideal gains. Rippetoe states that even caloric surplus of 1000 is necessary in some cases in the bible of strength training, aka practical programming for strength training. Whatever your opinion of his methods are, I know that I personally got to intermediate level in 3 months on SS. So Id rather take his advice than some user on here

The events one competes in.

>the bible of strength training, aka practical programming for strength training
wew
>I personally got to intermediate level in 3 months on SS
"no"

Why are his arms so small

kek tha last pic looks like a giant baby

Body fat percentage

Kys

powerlifting
>bench
>squat
>deadlift

olympic lifting
>snatch
>clean & jerk

Nah
Extremely long arms and somehow thinks he's the one guy in the world that doesn't have to train arms to be a good bench presser.

I'd guess it's because he doesn't do dedicated arm work.

So you got a 300-350 wilks on SS?

>Extremely long arms
what would i call my arms then when they hang down to almost my knees?

Why is powerlifting so much more popular here?

Serious question, I'm currently at 321 wilks after about 6.5 months on SS (actually tested 1rms 60/90/140/160). Is that good or bad? Is there some kind of wilks chart that shows rating vs time lifting or something similar?

you'd call yourself an ape

J.Clarksonism

klinefelter