Hey /fit, /mu here

Hey /fit, /mu here

Dont know much about fitness, but want a qt girlfriend so I wanna be buff/strong.

Currently 170 pounds 6foot something, skinny ectomorph.

I made this workout routine to start with, any feedback, thoughts and reccomendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read the sticky.

Read the fucking sticky

I forgot to send the routine for you guys to judge, sorry.

100 Squats
60 Push Ups
100 Sit Ups
100 Dumbell lifts or whatever
250 Calf Presses

Literally dont know shit so feel free to BTFO

>Hey /fit, /mu here
What is /fit and /mu?
Did you just get here from leddit?

Trash, go to the gym, learn the compounds and do this: reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

I think you should

>read the sticky
>seriously, actually read the sticky
>come back with any questions regarding the sticky
>lurk other threads to find answers

Don't just ask people to make you a diet and routine, it's lazy af. Step one is learning how to structure a diet and learn a program. Don't skip the basics user

Yeah completely retarded routine assuming this is not b8

Check the sticky for diet and more but go for starting strength of strong lifts, then after about 2-3 months when you feel your ready you should jump to either a PPLxUL (Push Pull Legs Rest Upper Lower) or a PPLxPPL routine

Remember that if you don't take proper nutrition it will be much harder for you to get shit done

mirin ur fisiyk, be my girlfriend?

read the fucking sticky

>believing the somatotypes meme
>in 2017

i shiggy diggy

high metabolism = ectomorph
logical right?

Thanks really helpful.
I'll be looking all this info up my self later and learning the strings.

I appreciate it

not at all.

high metabolism = high metabolism, and has nothing to do with how you look

if your basal metabolic rate is high as fuck, it could just mean you're really fat.

well shit okay, didnt even know. thanks for the info

All I meant by ectomorph is that I cant gain weight

Yeah dude do 3pl8 for 100 reps and 10 sets. Also try to work in a 600lbs bench press for 50 reps.

high metabolism is either

>im skinny and i dont eat enough
>im fat why cant i have magic powers, eat like shit and dont be a fat piece of shit like my skinny friend (he doesnt)

not op but im going to ask a few questions.
1. after 2/3 months where should I be at from a starting program? Is my .66/1/2/2 too low and pathetic to move to intermediate program?
2. Why do people do PPL instead of just push pull with squats being a push and deads being a pull?
3. Lastly, the guy at my gym there most often and seems friendly and knowledgeable suggested i switch from heavy lifts 3x5 to lower weight 4x15. I'm pretty sure he just is concerned and doesn't want to see a newbie snap his shit all up (he's pointed out form flaws that I have a couple of times now) but if I got high volume doesnt that mean I'll never hit 1/2/3/4?

2-3 months? I'd say starting from scratch he would by on SL for 6 months or so. 2-3 if you already have an athletic background or previous training experience

I eat a lot senpai. Just cant gain weight.

dont even know what half of that shit means, but Ill look into it

>Hey /fit, /mu here
read the sticky.

>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY
>STICKY

Just eat more it's that simple. Count your calories and eat above your TDEE and you will gain weight.

Basically walk into your gym and load up three 45lbs plates onto each side of a 45lbs barbell and squat it 100 times. Even the newest of gym-goers can squat such puny weight.

6'3'' and I'm cutting on 3100, based god.
Bulking is a bitch and having shit genetics for building muscle.

thank you thank you, learnin a lot here
alright ill see about joining a gym

Good luck. Just remember that you can easily start at 315 lbs no sweat.

Download the app 'myfitnesspal' it's a pretty good app to track your calories and macros from your foods.

got it thanx
Thanks famalam

1. That's perfectly fine to move on to an intermediate program, go ahead
2. Because that completely ignores a lot of your muscle groups, plus just squads and dreads will give you huge quads and not much else. My personal favorite PPL program is coolcicada's (with deads on pull day and abs on leg day)
3. Higher reps are typically better for hypertrophy, lower but heavier is generally better for strength. My rule of thumb is 3x5 on compound lifts and 3x8-12 on isolation lifts. Make sure you try and perfect your form though, especially on deads.

If you have an athletic background you would probably need to do strength training for less though, since you have a better foundation to work with. If you're starting from scratch you want to take your time to get a decent foundation for hypertrophy training, dieting, trying out lifts and their form, etc

Maybe you should fix your form then

Go to the gym and try Squatting your weight (So if you weight 80 kilos for example load 80 kilos in each side of the bar) and see how many times you can do a single squat. When you know that comeback here so we can give you a routine that benefits your body the most.

It may seem really heavy at first but trust me its really easy, just get the bar off the rack whoever you can

>I eat a lot senpai. Just cant gain weight.
That means YOU DON'T EAT A LOT

GET A SCALE AND START COUNTING CALORIES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Starting with 315 lbs baby weights

Enjoy your nogains.

Legs are the strongest muscle, start with AT LEAST 360, surprising how much you can lift even first time, once you get the hip drive right.

Good luck, lad.

that girl is kinda ugly. she revelead her face on Veeky Forums. she got a pierecing bruh

Sorry I worded 2 poorly.
Why not do all your normal push day, then add squats to that and your normal pull day adding deads. Then you only have A B A B A B
Also then you can split up your two heaviest lifts to different days so you aren't so damn tired.

>buff/strong
don't do ppl
read the sticky and do SS or SL

Bro, don't start 3pl8, that is a heavy weight.

Don't ask fit for advice that's on the sticky, they are gonna meme you into GOing MAD, and/or breaking your spine.

Start with one 45lb weight each side at most, if you are relatively confident for a lanklet.

She is a solid 7,5 with that picture alone. I want to give her an 8 though

Well squats and deads would be on different days ideally

You should just squat with hams, another quads exercise and calves on a day alone because if you want all around leg development it will take 45 minutes and you'll want to get it done at once, right?

be sure to wear flip flops, too. They're the best lifting shoe for a beginner because they have flat, in-compressible soles.

>want a qt girlfriend so I wanna be buff/strong.

Sweet sweet summer child....

those anons are trying to kill you though

>this fucking image
every single time