What made you start working out?

What made you start working out?

For me it was an ex that chated on me so I got mad and started to work out

i realized that being a land whale wouldn't allow me to fight in the comming war

I got so drunk my drinking bro convinced me to join his gym. Now I go alone because Icm hooked and bro is a fucker with no discipline.

Birth of my son.

I never want to have to tell him we couldn't do something like hiking/camping/sports because I'm a land whale and would rather eat junk food in front of the TV. Lost 32 lbs so far and hopefully I'll have some good years ahead of me healthwise as I lose more weight.

Got rejected by too many club sluts. Time to turn the tables

I noticed it felt reaaaaaally fucking good when I went to sleep sore

Many years ago, when we were younger, my sister and I where playing down the beach. We walked along the pier and she was walking on the rail while I was holding her hand. She slipped over the edge and I managed to grab her coat. I couldn't hold on long enough for my dad to come over, I wasn't strong enough, and she fell onto the rocks below, breaking her lumbar spine and can no longer walk. My dad beat my ass every day calling me a weak faggot and that its my fault my sister will be in a wheelchair her whole life. He stopped buying my gifts for Christmas and birthdays as I didn't deserve them, and he used the money to buy gifts for my sister (but I'm kinda ok with this as it was me who destroyed her life). I vowed to myself to never let my strength hold me back ever again, I don't ever want to end up with someone's life ruined by my weak muscles.

Weak faggot. Get your dad some jumper cables so he can beat your ass proper

I realized that throughout my life, I've never once been happy with who I am. That I've never actually been proud of anything I've done. So I'm hoping to change that, already made some decent gains so far but I want to see how far I can go.

>also so I'm in the best shape for when God Emperor trump sends me on a holy crusade to retake the holy land from the heretics.

Was smashing cocaine and getting drunk every weekend, i had a death wish. I'd had enough. Now i dont do either and hit the gym every night.

As pathetic as it sounds, my ex said she wanted a manlier partner. So I stopped acting like a woman + started lifting.

Currently things going bad with gf, gonna go back to lifting after my exams today. I've always lifted to forget and give zero fucks about shit my gf's give me. This time will be no different.

multiple things:
recently did an internship in a company and there was this 18 year old female landwhale, everyone had normal chairs and she had a special chair because she is so fat. I looked at her and told myself i'm not gonna end up like this.

I played a videogame 30 days in a row to get a dumb achievement. If i can put in enough to effort for a retarded game there is literally no excuse not to take my health seriously enough to eat more healthy.

A streamer i watch on twitch recently said he got a fatty liver and if he doesn't lose weight he will end up with serious health problems.

>>also so I'm in the best shape for when God Emperor trump sends me on a holy crusade to retake the holy land from the heretics and give it to the jews because they are the real power behing trump2016.

I was a scrawny skeleton my entire life. One day it dawned on me that I'd never seen myself with muscle. I was curious what my body would look like, nobody in my family had ever been big.

Now it's basically an addiction.

Yeah let's ignore the fact that your dad raised a clumsy, stupid kid and now takes his failures out on you.

I'm in an emotionally abusive relationship with a girl so I lift cause I think if I'm aesthetic af she'll never leave me. I'm at the point where I'm doing steroids too all because of this girl that I can't detach from.

Just dump her? How much of a weak bitch can you be?

I got a qt GF and thought it would be neat to look good next to her.

The relationship didn't work because she was crazy into Jesus (the Son of God, not some random Mexican) but the lifting habits stuck

Yup same here. It made me sad how fast id get tired while playing

I found it difficult to get enough work done and would routinely only put in a couple hours of work per day. I realised that being un-energetic as a result of lack of exercise was costing me a few hundred times more money than a gym subscription would cost.

Islam, no joke.

I live in Canada, I see what's happening in Europe, and Troodo is hell bend on bringing the same shit here, and if nothing changes, soon there will be Sharia patrols around major areas.
That, and on the other side of the fence we have SJWs trying to get you fired, feminists bitching at you for being a man, BLM attacking white people.
Gotta be strong to fight off these animals, or at least not look like a mark.

Not American but you realise Peanut Butter kills more people per year than Terrorists in both America and Canada, right?

I'm 5'5". A homeless guy sarcastically called me big guy one time. Who's the big guy now you homeless fuck?

I decided I didn't want to be the fat guy anymore

Sheer boredom at first because no social life.
Started taking it more seriously for work since it's physically challenging and actually started properly lifting when I became best friends with a bodybuilder.

We've been together for half a year now.

I was was a fat cunt who wanted to be an aesthetic cunt so women would hit on me and I could turn them down and make them doubt their beauty

Ex broke up with me first week of January saying she feels we are going in different direction which is completely bullshit I stopped working out/ bjj classes for her now I don't have her again I can start working out again and plan on keeping it that way

Id always lifted,my dad is militaryfag and workout nut
But was always dudebro chest/arms

Then things went south with 4 year relationship 2nd year of college,tried preworkout for the first time and went full bodybuilding mode
Also became degenerate drug addict
Now i work in tv,and te hours are so ridiculous i dont have time to do much other than lift and write
Srryfortheblog

Pls dont be real

Libs aren't trying to force peanut butter into my neighborhood.

Good point, user.

I like the way muscles look and realized i didn't have any.
Also pussy

I was told it would help with my depression. It was just a reason to get out of bed in the morning, which an user on here said is a big improvement by itself. I didn't think so at the time, but I see it now. Problem is that I'm too poor to keep going and no jobs have called back yet. Feels bad man

It's hard to be this brainwashed and still go about your every day life.

At least your lifting.

OP, I started because I started going to college and had access to a great gym for free. Not exactly over determined, but i got hooked fast. 3 years later and I finally feel strong

Because sometimes I have nightmares about meeting a version of me who has done everything right.

He would still be together with her.
He wouldn't have dropped out of law school.
He would be muscular
He would take all my friends away and take them on an adventure, leaving me behind

So I try to be that person.

>comming

Funny you didn't mention Europe
Which is what I said we are headed towards

I have no choice, they force me to do it.

Good.

I was really skinny and weak, weighed like 120 lbs at 6'0 by the time I graduated hs. Hated it.

I lost all my hair due to a car accident and i thought shit if im gonna be a bald motherfucker id be at least swole af

>Got passive-aggressively rejected by a crush that I thought I was guaranteed to get a date.

There were other reasons, but that was really the final straw.

>I lost all my hair due to a car accident
was it a radioactive car accident or what?

Kek

I stepped on the scale and saw the number above 200, and the reality of telling myself "I'm not THAT big" hit me hard.

Haha faggot, thats what you get for being a weak pussy

He was bitten by a radioactive car. Now he fights traffic cops with stealth and cunning as The Artful Dodge.

Shit, I should have made the pun about baldness. Let me try again.

>Lexis Luthor

you most like;y will. as well as allowing you to entertain the possibility of seeing his kids. Best wishes to you on your journey, friend.

Bane in TDKR

But I also grew up watching WWF/E and my dad lifted too...it was only a matter of time before I hit the gym

I was tired of being a weak >tfwnogf beta faggot.

i almost lost consciousness giving a presentation in class after no food 6 cups of coffee and drilling all day. i had to be taken out of class and got a courtesy passing grade.

started lifting the next day, eating right, and shaved my fucking balding head.

Are you serious?
I bet there's a lot of women out there you fucking cuck stop doing this to yourself

As a rapist I need to be stronger than my victims :D

ecks deeeeeee

i want someone to desire my body.

I can't stop. I feel withdrawal if I don't talk to her for an hour. I dream about her every night. I can't escape.

Being bullied at school, at home and at my workplace

[spoiler]Lifting didn't help

the first time I was 'mired was after I had gotten down to 200 from 240 and I looked muscular with clothes on even though I had a bunch of fat everywhere.

this chick was staring at me, stroking her hair AND biting her lip while my buddy tried talking to her.

feels good man, feels real good.

Because I'm a hopeless loser kissless virgin and it's one way I distract myself from such a horrible existence

I wanna be the guy

I failed a year of college. The summer after failing I started getting into right wing views and the idea of working to be a better person, making your own success etc. . At the same time I looked at myself and realised I was putting on weight.
I quit video games(addiction caused me to fail college), fixed my diet, and started c25k and bodyweight routines. 5 months later I got gym membership. I also started putting a lot more effort into college.

I also lift because i truely believe if my gf cheats on me with a fitter guy then I deserved it, also because I'm very depressed and the gym is one of the only places I'm happy.

Also thanks to everyone else for sharing. It's really cool to see how other browsers got into fitness.

I am a diabetic have been since I was 12 never really took control of it, i struggled to put on weight tanks go constantly high blood sugars. Got fed up of not being in charge of my own health and decided to start hitting the gym 5 minutes from my house every morning after work, blood sugars have been perfect since also feel good thanks to the new eating habits.

oh shit, mirin hard bro ;)

I started going to the gym originally to improve my basketball game. I was pretty good, but a skinny twink faggot.
Went casually on and off for a few years. Never researched what to do or eat. Didn't go regularly and hardly made any type of progress.
Middle of last year a couple things happened that made me get serious about the gym. Lost my job and girl I was dating moved away. I re-evaluated my shit and set goals. Put 20lbs of muscle on since then and going stronger than ever. Still looking for job, but doing career studying every day. My motivation is to be the best version of myself.

honestly do not know
At one point i sort of wanted to lift for girls but by this point I know my body isn't the reason im not getting laid.
I think a big part of what got me into lifting was Veeky Forums. It was cool talking to you guys and i wanted to be a part of it

>I'm very depressed and the gym is one of the only places I'm happy
same
I'm very lonely but there's no time to think about it when you have a heavy fucking weight on your back

Started lifting junior year of highschool. I guess to be stronger and look better but to be honest I can't remember.

I've read that word for word before, but with a brother who didn't die. Try harder faggot.

And if it IS real, you owe that man a suicide.

Severe anxiety.

Years ago, I didn't have insurance for therapy/meds and all that horseshit, so I decided that visiting Veeky Forums might help. It turns out that daily exercise is pretty much a requirement for mental stability. Actually picked up a gf along the way and then dumped her because she was a source of negativity and tried to stop me from going to the gym so much.

">tfw no gf" is such a fucking meme.

When I was an exchang student as a 16 year old realizing that all the football guys had huge arms (in hindsight they were pretty dyel) and it made me motivated as fuck. I laid a great fundament for getting ripped, which I enjoy greatly here, 7 years later. I stopped some years ago, but when I was dumped by a girl with daddy issues half a year ago, I got so mad that I had to take my rage out on the weights again. Here I am, fit as fuck with a great tan and i´ve met the girl of my life who loves me more that I can imagine, quote her.

We´re all eventually going to make it fit, keep lifiting.

Be me, move from my hometown at 16. Live close to gym decide to get a membership for something to do. Ride bike there every day. Meet at Asian finger her in the hot tub, decided the gym is where I belong. Now 21 still hit the gym 5 days a week.

>pic related

Alright here is your "im mirin bro", since i´ve seen this pic maybe 3 or 4 times today in different threds. You look good user, you look good.

It's not even him. Each picture is slightly different. First one I've seen that's actually cropped

>I'm very lonely but there's no time to think about it when you have a heavy fucking weight on your back

o im laffin

revenge mainly

started lifting when I was younger, I was a fat little shit and got bullied all the time.

To cut a long story short, I got dumped because I had severe depression. Lifting just makes life better.

which game, which achievement ?

Always was the shortest manlet wherever I went so my parents took me to learn boxing and got me into lifting since I was 8.
In hindsight, being forced to squat half my bodyweight while my bones were still developing didn't help my height issue.

bullshit heartbreak. I brooded for a week and deciding brooding was fucking stupid and went to the uni's rec center to blow off some steam, got intrigued by the freeweight section and started liftan. Got hooked and have been going ever since.

underrated post

Was 6'3" 125lbs and got tired of being told I look like a drug user or a skelly. Ex broke up with me and got fat too. So I hit the gym and am at 150lbs and addicted as fuck to the gainz

Jesus Christ, dude. You should give yourself a break and seek therapeutic help.

I think that's fairly well thought out, user.

Squat half your bodyweight? Unless you were like a 300lb balloon I don't see how that's really strenuous. First time I squatted I weighed around 140 at 5'9 and maxed at 210, given I played competitive soccer back then.

Mom died and after months of doing nothing and being a depressed tard, I said fuck it and decided to go to the gym to at least do something with my life. so far 7 months and still trucking.

plus I'm a fag and since I doubt I'll ever get a bf I might as well look like what I want

My clothes quit fitting and I didn't want to buy more the next size up.

My older brother was hooked on drugs for 7 years and didn't ever see the family except on rare occasions. When we did see him he was skeleton skinny and dazed out of his mind. He had an overdose and told me later he knew he was going to, so he walked into a field and was going to snap his phone in half and lay down to die. Our dad called him while he was in the field, he told dad he was about to die. My dad picked him up, brought him to my uncles house in the middle of nowhere to detox.
Next time I saw him he was 50 lbs heavier of mostly muscle a little bulk fat. He brought me to the gym with him for a while and I've been going ever since except a 5 month period right after I got married.
Still not as big as my bro but I'm working on it.

Who nose, maybe it had no effect and it's just my genetics behind a lack of a growth spurt.

I took a look around my sloppy one room apartment at the mess that was my life. I looked down at the disgusting mess that was my stomach. At my baggy clothes that were starting to get tighter. I had very limited higher education and no job.

I was unattractive, and I knew it. I was pathetic in the eyes of other people. I was obese. I would get out of breath just from walking around. I just got tired of being the butt of everyone's joke. I got tired of carrying around the reputation that I had. I elected to be better. To have higher standards for myself. To test myself to see what I was made of. It's been a long 3 years, but I know I'm going to make it. I have my oats, my notebook and my iron. The rest is just in the way.

lol good shit

That dog looks like a shark

I got bored

So, so fucking bored. Have you ever been so bored you decided to just drop hundreds of dollars on gym gear, start a home gym, and lifting your boredom away? Thats what I did.

Your body shows the amount of respect that you have for yourself. Ive kept repeating that to myself for the last few days but its hard, sugar is really a fucking drug, ill have access to a gym for free in 2 weeks so that i can finally exercise again. i am TIRED of hating myself on pictures and pretending that those who are not interested in my are selfish and stupid, your body is the front cover of your self respect, life and brain.