Does alcohol kill gains Veeky Forums? I plan on having a few beers tonight and don't know if it's going to ruin my gains

Does alcohol kill gains Veeky Forums? I plan on having a few beers tonight and don't know if it's going to ruin my gains

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYqsWAjvEbI
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088384
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Beer is crazy high in calories and empty carbs, frankly you're better off having scotch on the rocks or vodka and soda.

Go ahead if you want to, just remember that a single pint of beer (depending on the type and ABV) can be anywhere from 200-350 kcals.

It doesn't. Whiskey is a good pre-workout too. Try it. Not even lying

I'm more concerned about it stopping protein synthesis and other things I've heard alcohol does

youtube.com/watch?v=IYqsWAjvEbI

I drink damn near a 5th a night and I've been making steady gains every week since October. I blasted tow new PRs tonight and I'm looking at an imperial pint of vodka tonic right now
>diet tonic water of course

Mirin brah

All depends on the frequency. Doing it one day won't do anything to your body and gains. Doing it every other weekend won't do nothing. Doing it every weekend probably won't do you much as well. Doing more than that is where it starts to have an effect on you. Just go and have fun. Beer has so little alcohol that it doesn't even get you drunk.

Seriously this. I hit a good couple prs after taking a shot of whiskey before heading to the gym.
>mfw I'm on beer number 8 and don't see an end in sight

This

it's when you're getting drunk almost everyday that it kills gains

>I plan on having a few beers tonight and don't know if it's going to ruin my gains
I'm assuming you're going out with friends.

Just drink some beer and have a good time with your bros. You'll end up regretting not having fun than you will missing 1-2 days of "gains". As other anons have said moderation is key.

You people on Veeky Forums are crazy. Unless you're competing or want to be a professional fitness model there's not reason to obsess about things to the level of missing out on life.

You guys are driving yourselves insane.

>mfw Veeky Forums won't even enjoy their lives because it might slow there gains

that's called the "2-4" rule. You are at your best in any casual athletic activity between 2 and four drinks. 1 drink and you ain't loose. 5 drinks and you sloppy. between 2 and four and you will shoot your best darts, play your best pool, hit the most durr in Deer Hunter, and so on. It applys to the gym as well, but my feeling is that you pay for it later if you go overboard. Do the shot and kill your workout but don't do 5 or you'll drop the bar on your face

Lol maybe for people who have a low alcohol tolerance

Ha I agree. Chilled white wine too.

I had one of my best workouts ever after having a large glass of white wine.

alcohol is poison you fucking idiots. you're fucking your brain and body up in multiple ways. no, drinking isn't good or ok or neutral for you and your gains/strength/training. if you wanna be a bitch and do some shit like this anytime some bro asks u to take a shot might as well hand in your plate dispenser card.

see you idiots in 2 years when you're back asking about restarting SS with just the barbell again.

hey guys, is this fucked up poison im putting into my body going to affect my recovery, strength, mood, bodily functions??

wow what a fuckin beast

>lol I'm a hamplanet who needs 12 shots to feel anything

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088384

unlucky bro

I'm jelly as fuck, whenever I drink more than 2 beer I lose half my muscle mass and have no energy for the next 2 weeks

Iktf last time I drank a shot of whiskey my bench press was 100lbs weaker than my usual working sets for the next month

Just don't drink the same day you lift.

Don't drink regularly.

I eat once per day (fasting) and take a shitload of specific sups. I know I'm drinking poison, fortunately a little clever fiddling lets me be a functional alkie and a gym rat

Also, drink light beer, about 100 cal a bottle.

Or skip beer and just mix alcohol with a diet soda.

What if you drink say 9 hours after you're done lifting that day? Wouldn't your body get some muscle repair in over those hours after lifting and before drinking?

just don't be a bitch

men who feel anything after 1 shot are women

This

You're not trying to get fucked up before the gym. One shot should relax your brain and stop you from overthinking the weight. If you need more than one shot to get that done, you're probably fat or an alcoholic.

not really sure how thats a bad thing. you guys are probably shut ins that drink alone so it doesnt matter, but shits expensive at the bars

this, prices are 10 fold

Booze is expensive as fuck even if you don't go out, I live in canada so the prices here are probably outrageous compared to the US

i shotgunned a beer before my deadlift session a few hours ago

felt kinda fucked, workout went decent, set a new 3rm @ 185kg.

probably won't do it again tho

how much does a handle of cheap vodka cost, its like $12 by me

handles in canada are fuckin gross expensive. Could run you 40 bones for some cheap shit.

assuming we're talking about the same thing, 1.75L or those 59 oz things

yeah damn thats insane sucks bro just move to america and enjoy the land of the fat and dumb

tldr version; one standard drink is okay, anything more kills test and gains.