Got drunk for the first time last night

>Got drunk for the first time last night
>Was pretty fun but feel like absolute shit all day

I drank TONS of water both yesterday and today, I had eggs and even drank pickle juice, yet this entire day I've felt like shit. Is this normal? I thought hangovers were like an hour or so in the morning deal, not a ruin your whole day deal.

I feel like I deployed every trick I could but not only does my head hurt but I've been mildly nauseous all day as well. I still got half a bottle left and I wanna vomit just thinking about finishing it next friday.

Should I just give up on drinking or will it get easier?

kek, welcome to drinking

Of course it gets easier. Surprised you have a big hangover when you drank a bunch of water though.

Well my head was pretty much okay for the most of the day, the biggest issue was my stomach.
But now thinking about it, I ate four cheeseburgers and had four vanilla pudding cups last night so that could be the cause of it.

Give up on drinking, or be satisfied with less than 5 drinks man. You can enjoy a handful of beers, get socially loose, and not have to pay dearly for it. Drinking in excess is degenerate.

>I ate four cheeseburgers and had four vanilla pudding cups
Yeah, that might be the problem
Combined with liquor, you're gonna have some serious shits

I pretty much disregard my next day entirely when I drink

welcome to the party, also hung over like shit from yesterday
yes, its mostly the same for everyone, and combined the amount of talking/dancing or whatever, plus staying up till late, its pretty high chance you gonna zombie the next day
that's why most people prefer binging only on the weekends

also, enjoy it while it lasts, because hungovers only get worse with age

besides, what were you drinking and why?
it sounds like you got some liquor just for practice....

as reference, yesterday drank lots of beer, with a couple shots cachaça in between, later we went to someone's home and drank wine, passed out past 7am or something
I'm ghosting today...

I haven't drunk any alcohol in the 22 years I've lived user.
I think it's fine to go without it if it makes you feel like shit.

basically this. was a huge lush at one point and it's pretty fucking degenerate. I don't even drink on the rare social occasions when it's customary to do so anymore unless I am really feeling it. I always put it in perspective like "yeah I'd have a drink right now but it wouldn't really do anything much for me and I have shit to do tomorrow and I don't want to deal with regret/sluggishness in the morning"

if it's nice evening or afternoon and I've got nothing better to do for a while and good company I'll have a beer but never more than 3-4 or I'll get too fucked up, haha.

also here is a tip - take vitamin b1 before you go drinking because the ethanol depletes your body's stores of it and literally causes brain damage for this reason - would probably be a genius right now if I knew this when I was 14 y/o, lmfao.

Yeah I'm going to watch what I eat next time.
Funny enough I was just sitting in my room watching anime and shitposting online.
Honey Jack Daniels, it was recommended by my friends.
I'm actually 23 so you're in a similar boat to me.
I'm hoping the fact I waited till I was 23 before drinking will reduce most brain damage related issues. Thanks for the tip though, I'll look into it.

Try drinking a coke next time it happens

Best cure of hangover is beer. Give it a shot.

And now you know why sometimes people refuse to keep drinking After a certain point

It is a whole day deal but the intensity varies based on how much you drank

Down an asperine or ibuprofen with some black coffee and go lie down for 30 minutes to An hour in a dark, quiet, preferably slightly cooled room

That should take care of the headache
The wobblyness is there to Stay for the day tho

You have to drink tons of water just after the alcohol to avoid hangovers, eating something every hour or 2 also helps

but not cheeseburgers and icecream, go for nuts

If you get completely smashed you'll get a hangover no matter what so drink responsibly

Alcoholism 101

>so why people drink user?
because its a fun as hell, you get all loose and do stupid shit you wouldn't do otherwise
there is all sorts of drunk people, some get angry others get depressed, I get funny so like it
and believe me, the sort of stories you get out of it, have no match

Hangover top tips I've learned:

>Eat a load of fibrous, starchy carby stuff when you get in, will soak up shit sitting in your stomach and make it easier the next day, and can help the post-drink shits. Eating the customary greasy crap like McDonald's does the opposite. I like bread or shreddies
>Down lots of water

Advanced level tip
>Purposefully puke before going to bed.
>Alcohol will sit on the stomach as it can't be processed by the body fast enough, and will convert into an even worse chemical that makes you feel even shittier if it remains.
>You'll actually be peak-drunk at 6am as you're asleep because your body can't process everything you chucked down there at once.

Ubermensch tier hangover tips
>Don't drink

Why I've stopped drinking and do E and coke instead. And it means I can still sesh during cutting season

>Honey Jack Daniels

Here's your problem. Alcohols with "impurities" like wine or whiskey tend to give you worse hangover. Try vodka next time and compare how you feel. Though keep in mind, theres limit that if you cross you'll get hangover regardles of what alcohol you drank.

Really you have to drink the water once you're home/after drinking. Even then, you'll still be a bit hungover. The earlier you get up will help because then you start hydrating again. Ideally you'd wake up in the middle of the night to piss and could have more water then, too.

But if you drink a lot, there will always be an impact.

Most people can do vodka all night and not feel much of a hangover the next day, whereas beer/wine/mixing different booze types normally gives a worse hangover.

Its also just experimentation for yourself, find what works for you.

All the drink water replies on here. Jesus.

DON'T just pound water. Alcohol is already making you piss out your electrolytes. Drinking water before its metabolized will just make you feel worse.

EAT while you're still drunk. Sleep. THEN drink Gatorade or some other electrolyte based drink WITH water.

You can NEVER cure a hangover completely as part of what makes you feel like shit is what your liver has to do to metabolize alcohol. No cure for that except to rest and ride it out.