Got a hernia at the gym today doing situps, boys. I did squats and deadlifts before, but fucking situps did me in...

Got a hernia at the gym today doing situps, boys. I did squats and deadlifts before, but fucking situps did me in. I pushed it back in, passed out, and went to the hospital.

Anyway, should I wear a belt for all my lifts tomorrow just to play it safe?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DrEZ0V_GKI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, a belt will just activate the stitches. Just do Scooby's rotisserie with only 45lbs tomorrow and you'll be fine.

Smart.

>doing situps
>ever

>hernia
>from sit ups

Jesus Christ that's sad

>getting a hernia from situps
>going to the gym the next day

lets see if anyone falls for this

you mean weighted sit-ups? was your form shit? I know sit-ups put some pressure on your back but getting injured from it? seriously?

It was decline situps, and I'm assuming it was more of a "straw that broke the camel's back" thing than the primary cause itself. Still fucking embarrassing though.

youtu.be/DrEZ0V_GKI4

You're damn right it is. How you get a hernia from nearly bodyweight use of your abs is beyond me.

What the fuck

I don't even know, man. I didnt think my core was THAT weak (deadlift 405 for reps and squat 345), but I'm probably gonna wear a belt for everything from now on. Passing out in the gym sucked.

>I can use my legs and back
>that must mean my core is good!

You poor poor soul.

oh nononnononnononno

>why do i come here

this must be bait. DL and squats use core to a high degree because of bracing and because the back is also part of the core (half of it)

Holy fuck

You are not gonna build a hermit preventing core from diddies.

This is the quality content I come here for

>hermit preventing
I don't know why I laughed at this.

>reverse image search
>0 results

It's a Snapchat you dingleberry the fuck did you expect?

Jesus...

My uni has a powerhour with $2 drinks, pic was the end result of that at like 4 in the afternoon.

Man, my hernia is babby shit compared to this. I need to get mine fixed before it gets fucked like that

How to never get a hernia? Like what can one do to avoid ever getting a hernia?

You're going to laugh, but a large part of it is genetics.

The most common one for us here will be inguinal hernias. This is where there is a tear in the abdominal wall in the groin region, and the intestines push out; they may push into the scrotum as was my case.

Some people will have internal anatomy that increases the chance for this. If your father had one, you have an increased chance even if you never lift weights. Regardless, this is one of those "Suck it up that it could happen" deals.

You could do more core work, but in the end it's only reducing risks and not preventing. Luckily the surgery doesn't suck that much even if they have to do a full incision. It's common and the only scary part is your first shit after surgery. Extra fiber is a must

everyone has a threshold, if you were born with strong abdominal wall then it shouldn't be a problem. However, there are always other factors involved, of course, doing squats, situps, deadlifts that all require the use of 'bearing down' to complete a rep will aggravate the pre-requisite of a hernia, whether it be indirect or direct hernia.

Just be careful and know when to stop.

hey op, so used to get hernias all the time and i got very good at pushing them back in. But the biggest tip i could give you is to eat more fiber and POOP BEFORE YOU LIFT. when i relieve all that pressure before hand i do not get hernias anymore.

Would doing stomach vacuum's help with that?

That is so fucked up. He can never lift again.