Uni student

>uni student
>will be staying in the same flat for another year
>there is about 2.5sq m of free space, maybe even more
>want to be a big guy
>too shy to go to gym, the one at uni is too crowded, nor would I really have the money for it, also too far away
>decide to invest in a bench press, already have a pull up bar

Looking for something under 100£, the first results in searches are similar things like this (max user weight 100kg, max barbel weight 110ish)

I think I will be alright, would there be any concerns about quality of the product? It most likely won't snap me, but is there any reason to buy a more expensive product? Thanks.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Gym-Fitness-Weights-Bench-Dumbell-Workout-Bench-Press-Leg-Raise-Preacher-Curl-/331957958172?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

How are you going to do squats with just a bench press rack?

by being really, really careful

Don't live alone, I would have someone to spot me.

More concerned about the reliability of it. Any thoughts?

>2017
>not squatting in the bench press

youre letting your newness show, bud

only for 72 pounds ??
wtf , why is it sooo cheap ...

probably super light

I particularly enjoy going straight from my squat into a horizontal bench, although sometimes you need to shock the body and squatting during a nice bench set really pumps me up.

>Any thoughts?
ngl any system like that is gonna hold the weight you put on it pham
if you don't get an olympic barbell with it, go get one
might also want to invest in maybe a weighted jacket for pull ups if it isn't too expensive

Bump

buy adjustable squat stands and a basic flat bench, then you can squat and bench

something like this, but with longer catchers. this will stop you killing yourself without a spotter

Appreciated, although I am good for squats with someone spotting me. I need gear for about 100£, my only concern is that I hope it wouldn't kill me.

Says 110kg user weight and 100kg barbell weight. I am not that big nor do I lift that much, but the price is suspiciously low.

He shouldnt squat or work his legs if he wants to get big, legs are gains goblins and use all your resources on muscles that make your upper body look proportionately smaller. Run/hike/play sport and your legs will be more than good enough you never have to directly work them in a gym

Being 100% unironic here.

i've got some bodymax stands, literally the cheapest shittest ones out there, and i put 150kg on them regularly

are you in london?

try decathlon at surrey quays, they have some good gear for low budgets, all weight ratings for equipment are displayed on their website. if you go to the store they are cool with letting you try stuff out

Do they deliver?

what model are you using?

How are you ever going to make it if you dont leave your comfort zone? All you'll end up as is a socially retarded big guy. Go to your Uni gym.

bodymax cf310 squat stands, noname chinese cheapshit bench from ebay for bench press. i set the stands to the lowest height and put the bench between them., catchers set slightly lower than standard height.

all in one kits like in your OP post have a tendancy to tip over when loading/unloading because their footprint is too narrow. if you can bolt it to the floor they are pretty good though.

they deliver, but might be costly. they have other stores across the country though if you aren't in london

You know you can just stick a regular dumb bell bench inside a power rack/squat cage right?

Don't have a bench. Or money for the cage.

Overcome your anxiety and go to the gym.

Took me 2 tries to walk in to the gym.

2 more attempts to actually lift.

I go 5 times a weeks now and have many friends there. Zero anxiety.

This.

You need to find someone to go with, anyone. If you let 'tism keep you from doing things you want, you will not have a satisfying life.

I hear you. Gym is mostly not the option for because it would cost me about 300£ a year and I simply want to buy a barbell and a bench for myself.
As I will have to ditch/resell it later, I don't want to spend too much on that. Anything under 100£ will do, I am a dyel skinnyfat faggot, I don't need quality equipment, as I will be doing low weights at first. Just wondering if that shit wouldn't snap on me.

I would be considering going to gym once I hit lmao2plate and move places.

NOT GOING TO MAKE IT

Dude, if you don't want to spend a lot of money, just buy a 40 lb weight vest that is adjustable using metal blocks.

It will serve you a lot better than that stupid bench.

Learn to do one arm push-ups using the weight vest and archer push-ups to bridge the gap between one arm and two arm.

Also do lots of pull-ups and squats.

Oh, and you can even curl the weight vest and do standing tricep extensions for reps.