Qtddtot sqt

Old thread: Does anyone have experience rowing for cardio
I can't find a cardio machine I like and doesn't provide an opportunity to cheat like stair steppers and treadmills you just sometimes hang on the rails which lowers calories burned etc
I've used the elliptical for the longest but I think I don't burn enough calories
Rowing seems good on paper to me,full body works lower back and shoulders and arms as well instead of just only legs
My problem with it is that it seems to not raise my heart rate at all, so even if I am burning calories, I'm not getting any cardio benefits

what kind of rower are you using ? and are you using a heart rate monitor ?

I would have a hard time believing you couldn't get your heart rate going on a C2 rower if you are maintaining a decent pace.

just run then.
My right elbow hurts when benching. Any ideas why?

what is wrong with us?
i can never quite put my finger on it
obviously this doesnt apply to everyone but for most of the people that visit this board, and Veeky Forums in general, we're just not normal

what is wrong with us, and why

If your heart isn't raised enough then you're not pushing hard enough.
Simple as that.

And if you just want to burn calories then being able to do that for long stretches is MORE important then getting a very high heart rate for a shorter period of time.

C2 I believe
I've never used a rower before but I YouTube some form things and shit
I had it on like level 3 (7/10, since the level is inverted afaik)
I kept it around 600/800 calories burned an hour
The display had some paceboat thing I couldn't get working

Like I couldn't get to the point of feeling my heart beating crazy hard that I could usually push myself to midway through through workout if I was on an elliptical per say
I'm just hoping that I'm getting my cardio in because I liked this way more than elliptical

Could be tendonitis that goes away with time
Make sure you don't pause at the top locked or bottom for too long
Get someone to give you a lift off
Trying to get both m8
I just want my healthy cardio heart work, and then yeah like 500 calories minimum I figure i can lose an extra pounds a week doing so
I'm much fatter than I thought,got calipers and found out I'm around 25%, just so much around my legs and torso that it isn't 100% noticeable if I wear the right cloths I can look normal

For someone who is 5'10, is 160 lean a good bodyweight to be at? Would that look buff or just skinny?

you would want to adjust the display settings to not show that game and to show time & pace for 500m and distance rowed.

You're going to want to have fewer, but more powerfull strokes/pulls. I usually start out the first 15-30 minutes at an easy pace and then start doing intervals at a high pace. I can definitely get my heart rate up over 160 doing this.

You can easily drop down to 15-18% with a strict as fuck cut and being more active.

Right now exercise is not nearly enough to put you over the top. It's a nice bonus but you simply won't be doing enough to burn off the excess.

When choosing a workout to help you get fit and burn a few hundred extra calories you should choose something that you like and will help build some strength and help maintain or build mass.
The most important thing is that it must be something you can and are willing to do and will help you with your life. Something that you will consistently do and will help you become a more active and healthier and fitter person.
While there is nothing wrong with exercise to help burn calories, do not for one single solitary moment think that you can simply row away from a bad or badly thought out diet.

I have femur rotation which is causing my feet to turn outwards, is there surgery for it.
2. I weigh 102 pounds is mass gainer healthy for me to drink or should i eat protiens

I've used dnp three times already.

First time went great had no sides.

The second time my lips became swollen and I had very bad canker sores Had to stop cycle

The third time my lips just got swollen had to stop cycle

Is dnp out of the picture for me? I fucking figured it was but god damnit it was so fucking perfect and such a time saver. If any of you had had similar experiences can you please share how you handled it?

Reposting from the other qtddtot

Last Sunday, I focused on my biceps for the first time and did a lot of curls. I had doms for like 3-4 days. If I were to do that same workout again with the same intensity, but a week later (today) and the doms have healed, would I get doms again or will my arms be used to that now?

Does it matter what kind of shoes I squat in?

With dnp, anytime you get repeated side effects that aren't normal, it's probably best to quit. Did you try an antihistamine with the swollen lips? It almost sounds like an allergic reaction. I've never encountered that problem with it before

Imo, as long as they aren't clown shows, then no, it doesn't really matter. Keep your balance and form in check.

Never tried it with and during the cycle when the problem occurred however I did use an anithistamine (benadryl) but ceased to use dnp

It's prolly for the best because I didn't learn and gained all the weight back while being addicted to drugs

should a 1500 calories iso caloric diet would be a good start?

I also thought about using clen/albuterol/or T3

help

Still continuing to progressively look more and more like a t rex despite switching to PPL.

Is a six day PP(no legs) too much?

Is hitting the same muscle groups 3x a week too much?

Can it work if the extra days are volume and not strength?

Depending on your height and weight, 1500 seems to be pretty low, but you will lose a lot more weight faster.

I have no experience with clen or t3 sorry, but I do know some people get good results with them.

some muscle groups like abs, forearms, and maybe calves respond well with more volume per week than others. 3x for the big muscle groups is too much. they need time to repair

just leave that dangerous shit alone.

Have some discipline and do a keto diet and you can easily lose 2+ lb a week of fat.

You're probably going to get doms again. But not as bad.
Your biceps are not used to being stressed and so..Doms happened.
Soon you won't have to worry about doms.

What are some good bodyweight/dumbbell exercises to target the upper chest? I don't have a bench

Also op break again
I do cardio every day
500 calories every other day and then just some light shit for 20 minutes after lifting

After my first rowing I am sore as fuck all over my back lower back traps rear Delts, most noticable being traps
Will this go away as a row more

It depends on your body composition.

This will be a stupid out of the ball park non direct answer
I've felt this in my upper chest specifically though, do dumbbell raises with light weight
-Like a shoulder raise- but try to do the most work through squeezing your ches
You're gonna have to angle the dumbbell inwards

reverse grip floor press
decline push-ups

what about the rebound weight gain after eating normally?

What other good exercises are there for legs besides barbell squats?

Veeky Forums is its own culture, distinct and probably superior to the native culture of most of the countries its users hail from. That's why it takes so long for newfags to get it and fit in. They're integrating.

You're a foreigner.

i guess i am a newfag
still doesnt quite answer the question of what is wrong with us

It does. We're outsiders. You can only be a part of one culture at a time.

Generally speaking, at 12% bodyfat?

Why are sumo deadlifts considered "cheating"?Conventional deadlifts make me feel like my shit is about to get snapped up when I go heavy, I prefer the more upright posture. Will I lose out on hamstring/glutes and traps by doing only sumo?

Make sure you're rowing with proper form before starting a workout regimen on the rowing machine. I see way too many people wasting their time using horrible form and then saying they don't get anything out of a rowing workout. You probably can't get a good aerobic workout on it because you're simply doing it wrong.

That being said rowing is god tier cardio. Nothing else comes close except swimming. Also it's great for aesthetics

I'm planning on tugging to restore my foreskin, how long should I tug each day? How long does it usually take?

Mercifully I still have my frenulum and the foreskin is intact everywhere except covering the glans, so I only need about an inch.

So I've been lifting and trying to eat all the protein I can find for 6 months now and I want to start my cut tomorrow. According to my fitness pal I should be eating 2750 cals a day at 6’3 and 250lbs in order to lose 1.5lbs a week. Does this seem right? Is there a better calculator to use or is my fitness pal OK?

what's the best aesthetic routine now that i've done SL for 3 months to gain strength from skelly mode

how to make Cardio less boring? I keep wanting to just stop after a half hour because I'm so bored, should I just run faster so I don't have to run as long or what?

MACRO DISCUSSION TIME!

Looking at my daily and weekly macros, I'm getting on average almost 33% fat, 33% carbs, 33% protein ratio. Right now I'm a beginner doing SS and lifting while eating at maintenance for weight loss + noob muscle gain. Do these ratios sound okay? If not, what should they be?

Grill?

Can anyone recommend a shoe i can wear lifting as well as on a tredmill?

What isolation work can i do with SS? Right now i've been doing curls/chinups on one day and dips/two-arms tricep extensions on the other day alternating.

I'm a fatass who has lost over 100 pounds and my triceps are a little flabby so I really want to improve them as best I can.

anyone that actually did keto have any advice? what kind of goals would keto help with?

What are all the legal supplements that come to mind when people think of meme supplements? There are some that affect some users differently than other users and the ones that have no effect are often called jokes. I'm wondering what the debatable ones are, that some people have found success with. I.e., I just wanna drug myself with whatever I can and see how it feels.

what is that picture, what is being made, and what does it do

Want to get back into training after a few months off, but i don't want to go back to doing SS and Greyskull LP. What routine should i run? Preferably with more of a bodybuilding focus, maybe some strength elements here and there

If you perform any significant movement and it fails to raise you heart rate. Then you are performing said movement with insufficient intensity.

>please be rowing sub1 splits

Yesterday I flirted with a prostitute without knowing that she was one, honest. By the time the conversation made me realize it she was on my flat already, so we had sex. She just behaved like a regular girl, no money talk, she said she really liked me. She wants to come over again.
Yeah, did use a condom.

Is hooking up with a prostitute for free alpha, beta or just degenerate?

I just started working out for the first time and while testing my strength I found out that my upper/lower body strength is very disproportionate. Like, I bench as much as I can squat. Should I endeavor to fix this, or is it not really a problem?

Most likely degenerate.

Also, known in some parts as rape.

Her product is sex. You acquired the product without paying. This is thievery.

You are a sex-bandit.

Well done.

Have a freg. For free....

Usually these kind of starting imbalances sort themselves out over time. If its not improving in three months or so then you've got something that should be looked at.

Are Hip Adduction/Abduction machines a meme? Don't know whether to add them to my routine for leg day or not. I used to do them a little bit but I didn't know if there was any point in continuing it or just focusing more on other shit.

keep your back straighter
shoulders up & back

What difference does it make to rest your hands on the treadmill while running? I've seen a lot of people do it at my gym. Lifters as well as NYRs. I tried it once but it just feels unnatural and kinda like cheating.

So iv been doing DB bench presses (flat, inclined, declined) but I still barely feel my chest getting hit and my shoulders give out before I feel my chest give. Flyes are a lot better generally though.

Is it normal to take a long time to get enough shoulder endurance to actually hit the chest? Or is my form so bad im just not getting it? Im on the fence on getting a cable and using that instead of using DBs.

Its a tactic they often use to trick people into paying later on, or they just rob you

How the fuck do you even think you wouldn't get cardio effects from rowing?

I don't even get how you get to this point

there is a rowing machinf for cardio that's just like rowing a boat, maybe that's where he's coming from.... [/sarcasm]

Aight fags, I'm dropping Squats and Deadlifts temporarily while I try to rehab my hips and lower back.
Still want to traing legs though
How's this for a leg workout (two times per week)
5 giant sets (i.e. exercise 1 -> ex 2 -> ex 3 -> rest -> repeat)
>Good Morning x5-8 / Single Leg Press x?? / Abs x10
>Bulgarian Split Squat x5-8 / Obliques x10 / Calves x15-20
>Leg Extension x8-12 / Leg Curl x8-12 / Back Extension x10-15

What's wrong with lifting at the YMCA?

I have a homegym and have never been to a gym since lifting, but when we went to the gym in school it was always the Y and it seemed alright.

I quick home workout right before bed, yes/no?

Go for it.
Just remember, don't try to squeeze in something too strenuous like a HIIT workout or BURPEE session 20 minutes before you hit the hay.

It might make you too wired to sleep and lack of sleep has a whole host of negative problems when it comes to fitness.

I row for cardio. You probably have bad form. Stop trying to do it quickly. It's all about tension. You need to really pull it, if it feels easy you're doing it wrong. The fan should be LOUD. Setting should be on 6+.

Are they like putting their hands on the sensor for the built in heart rate monitors some treadmills have? Or just like flopping their arms on the treadmill sides?

On the top of the display, way above the sensors/handles

I finally decided to go the gym, how do I have to behave to not get any unwanted attention? I'm fat and a total sperg.

That's weird. I mean all it really does is decrease your momentum while running. Swinging your arms is proper running form but maybe they would rather just run for a long time and want to decrease their bodyweight slightly.

Sorry if it's a stupid question: how much more muscle mass would you usually have to get to look like when you have the pump going?

Lads I have something called hypermobility, basically its just loose joints, heres how it fucks me up.

>turn palms up, wrists dislocate
>raise right arm above head or put it behind my back, shoulder dislocates
>hips and knees dislocate just for fun, although much more rarely

Basically what exercises can I do to take the place of the many that I cant.
Also when they dislocate It is very painful and I need a trip to the hospital to reset them so I cant just power through, although sometimes I can do the wrists myself.

Is it elhers danlos syndrome? I got that one. You should see your doc about the exercises you can and should do.

How do i hit glutes hard?
Squats and DLs effectively do nothing, due to Hammies and Quads

When i do BW Hip Thrusts or Lunges i don't feel any activision at all

If I get a massive pump from dynamic stretching, does that mean my muscles are overly tight?

Try pinching your shoulder blades

Are you squeezing your glutes? Focus on doing that.

Also do barbell hip thrusts, or barbell glute bridges.

Make a plan, check youtube for form tips, rerack your weights.

What's the best way to approach lifting after a break with suspected IBS? Seeing a doctor in about 2 and a half weeks time, taking a rest until I see him

So focus on the "mind/body connection" thing and then just make sure i squeeze hard a fuark when i do the exercises?
Like do it everyday just squeezing until squeezing is 2nd nature?

Poor fat fag here

Is mince meat good or bad for cutting?

Is it normal for my back to hurt a bit after squats, like right after the exercise?

It doesn't hurt the next day. It hasn't hurt before, but it only hurts when I increase weight

At what weight should I start wearing a belt for squats/dls?

I'm at about a plate for each now, but my form is still great. Should I only wear it if I notice my form starts to go bad?

A couple of problems I have with shoulder exercises. I was hoping you boys could help me out with:

A - I can't do push press. My push press is lower than my OHP and I know that's not how it works.
How am I supposed to hold my upper body before the push? I feel like that's where it goes wrong for me.

B - I've been stalling on 50 - 52,5kg OHP for a long time now. I've tried deloading, and I've tried doing volume, what gives? Should I stop doing 3x5 twice a week and go with lower weight higher volume on the other day?

question B is about OHP btw

No, when your form starts to go bad your fix your damn form. There is no weight you should start wearing belts, some elite lifters don't even use them, like Eddie Hall.

Don't even think about using a belt before 3 plate squat and 4 plate dl, before that just try to fix your form instead.

Should i just eat at "maintenance" until i stall on my lifts, if i want to cut down some (-2-5%) bf?

If your goal is cutting weight, then no, just cut.

cheers

I've started my cut and I figured I'd try out intermittent fasting, seeing as I'd prefer to be hungry till noon rather than throughout the day, but I'm worried that I'll lose muscle mass so to counteract that I've decided to take a scoop of bcaas every morning and sip on half a scoop when I'll be lifting in the afternoon, also if I'll have considerable doms I'll take a scoop of whey with my bcaas in the morning
now I know this sort of goes against IF's whole 16h fasting period but I'm not in much of a hurry to lose weight and really don't want to lose any muscle and if at all possible gain some
have I completely missed the point or am I on to something? I know that as long as I'm in a calorie deficit I'll lose weight but I just want to make sure that most of it will be fat
some info
>179cm
>83kg
>lifting 2,5 years
really only planning to go down to like 75-76kg

Can you gain strength on a cut?
Is this cut to 10-12% bf then bulk think actaully legit or just a meme?

assuming no roids and not too weird body composition, the pretty arbitrary common estimate is +8lbs, 6 of which raw lbm.

lean beef yes, fatty beef or mixed eeeh depends on your macros.

>I'm planning on tugging to restore my foreskin,

regular diddlies help you develop your back muscles so you don't snap your shit up if you accidental try to lift something heavy.

URGENT

Can someone please post the old threadcap of the guy using a ladder as a pullup bar across two bookshelves in front of a door, followed by "Local retard killed in bizarre home gym accident"

Should I take pre workout in the mornings to start my day even if I'm not working out? I mean, it's got some essential B vitamins and caffeine, so is there any down side to it?

If I get fast food but take off the top bun, is that okay?

go ahead and try it buddy. it's essentially coffee basically you'll be 100% ok.

no. you're disgusting.

cook your own food so you can count calories correctly.

Thanks m8! I'm trying to kick energy drinks so I figured I should trade up for something that will cost me less in the long wrong and has some decent vitamins in it. (+creatine)