>leg press
>dumbbell curls
>any ab machine

Only one i agree with is ab machines.

>doesn't do slow negatives
WHAT'RE YOUR STATS FUCKBOI

Whats wrong with lat pulldowns?

>basketball shorts

what would you recommend for abs instead?

leg raises, crunches, cable crunches.

>lat pulldown
Isn't this just a pull-up with modular weights?

Hanging leg raises

diet

>doesn't do slow reps with a lot of time under tension

This

>mfw gymbro has a day designated for abs
>mfw they're made in the kitchen not the gym

>Hanging leg raises
Is that the best all around ab isolation exercise?

nice meme bro, know how I know you don't have good abs?

yea
that sweet spinal traction

>brosplits / ppl

What are negatives?

Ab wheel is my favorite

Its a weak mans pullup

A negative is just a casual term for the eccentric portion of a lift. Concentric goes against gravity; eccentric goes with gravity. OP is just bait though. Slow, controlled eccentrics are more effective and better for building muscle than concentrics, especially on movements like bicep curls, bench press, OHP.

So is bench press a weak mans push up? Fuck off

>implying you can't get abs just by cutting bodyfat

Confirmed no compound lifts in your routine

Beginner syndrome

>the thing that spurred my beginner gains is THE ONE TRUE WAY
>everything else is wrong and broscience because reasons and imright.com

It's why there's so much SS vs brosplit vs etc. on this board.

Basically yes

I thought negatives were when your spotter helps you through sticking points after you've failed a set. Seen guys overload their lift with the intention of pushing past failure. Painful shit.

Isometrics
Plank, Pallof Press, Pike, etc.
Crunches/sit-ups can fuck with your back because spinal flexion and leg raises are generally more about hip flexors than anything else

90% sure I squat more than you and pull more than you. But that gives you a shitty looking core compared to ab-isolating bodybuilders

Abs are for teenagers

youtube.com/watch?v=5BRkB_zJGxY

>exercise physiologists among other scientists believe negatives work
>must be beginner syndrome lel

That's a common way of implementing negatives. What a lot of people do is overload to where they can't lift the concentric portion by themselves, but can control the descent of the eccentric portion.

>Slow, controlled eccentrics are more effective and better for building muscle than concentrics, especially on movements like bicep curls, bench press, OHP
I've heard this before, but the only negative exercise I ever do are negative pull-ups. Do you have a source?

Here are some sources I pulled up real quick from my school that I read, so you might have to find them via Google. Can try to pull some more up later.

Chen, Trevor, et al. "Low-Intensity Eccentric Contractions Attenuate Muscle Damage Induced By Subsequent Maximal Eccentric Exercise Of The Knee Extensors In The Elderly." European Journal Of Applied Physiology 113.4 (2013): 1005-1015. Academic Search Premier. Web. 20 Feb. 2017.

Yu, Ji-Guo, Dieter O. Fürst, and Lars-Eric Thornell. "The Mode Of Myofibril Remodelling In Human Skeletal Muscle Affected By DOMS Induced By Eccentric Contractions." Histochemistry & Cell Biology 119.5 (2003): 383-393. Academic Search Premier. Web. 20 Feb. 2017.

Chen, Hsin-Lian, Kazunori Nosaka, and Trevor Chen. "Muscle Damage Protection By Low-Intensity Eccentric Contractions Remains For 2 Weeks But Not 3 Weeks." European Journal Of Applied Physiology 112.2 (2012): 555-565. Academic Search Premier. Web. 20 Feb. 2017.

post body faggot. Let's see how that no slow negatives has worked out for you.

this and cable crunches
but for the leg raises make sure to hit the abs by not using your hip flexors

My favorites are hanging leg raises, crunches, and iron crosses

It is if you're not benching at least your body weight.

Anyone who uses the Lat Pulldown, but can't do pull-ups is a fucking loser.

>mfw they're made in the kitchen not the gym

This is the worst meme of Veeky Forums
You must do abs exercises everytime you're at the gym, period ! It's not long and it's a good way to finish your workout and a good spot to check some girl in leggings

>crunches
Confirmed for not knowing shit.
Anyone have that one excerpt of that body building trainer who kicks out retards who train abs with crunches because of how shit the exercise is?

Weighted decline crunches can be great, but regular crunches are a fucking meme.

>My way is the only way
Good point faggot

But.... what? Bench press allows you to push more weight

Weighted pushup

No thanks.

No it's not a machine you fucking cuck

>this thread

Oh yes, machines make you weak. Still keeping that new years resolution kid, or just straight shit posting?

im 99% sure i squat more than you and that hes right and you're wrong. Compound lifts are entirely enough to build a good core so stay mad beta.

whats wrong with dumbbell curls

>they don't do The Press™

This is true, but it's also true that if your core is weak enough (IE you started lifting from a place of little strength, like a lot of the nerds here do) you don't utilize it during compounds correctly and it doesn't get worked in the right way. Ab isolations help remedy this.

Squats and DL

Nothing

Fuck off not everyone can do pull ups their first day in the gym. We all have to start somewhere. Lat pulldowns are great in helping you work up to the real deal also great of you want to continue to exhaust the back but at a lighter weight

they're a pitiful exercise and a waste of time, real men do chinups

Do you also not train your triceps separately from tits and shoulders?

>Slow negatives
Perfectly acceptable if you can only do a single chin-up.
>lat pulldown
Perfectly acceptable if you can't do a chin-up.

I went on a spree of only doing chinups and rows for bis, I got to where I could do 8x10 at a weight of 200 lbs. This was over about 3 months.

My biceps got significantly smaller and weaker over this period.

Stop spewing this "chins and rows for biceps" bullshit, it is empirically wrong. You will get shit arm development this way. Not everything has to be superfunctionalpaleo.

Actually lat pulldowns can go above bodyweight and be more comfortable than weighted chins. Weighted chins are macho but a pain in the balls to set up, and if I can do 300 lb pulldowns while weighing closer to 200 then what difference does it even make?

Oh no, when I do actual weighted chins it might be a few pounds lighter! The horror!

>Slow negatives

Literally THE BEST WAY to grow lats is doing slow negatives when you can't crank out anymore.

most people dont even train abs, you work them with other exercises as a secondary muscle

So then what's worse. Pull ups with assist, or pulldowns.

>implying you can do pic related

Single arm lat pull downs are the only thing that seems to make my lats grow and I do weighted pull ups with 50 lbs

The only thing that's negative and slow, is you, OP

cheeky/10

you've earned this (you), family.

>they cant green text