C-c-creatine?

friend of mine started using creatine and is raving about how great it is.
obviously it's much more beneficial to get whey protein, but if you have enough protein and good diet, is it worth taking creatine or any other supplements?
natty obviously

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/does-caffeine-counteract-creatine/
examine.com/supplements/creatine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Creatine has been proven to be very beneficial both with shit and not shit diet and training.
What it does basically is that it keeps your muscles filled with water.

didnt do shit to me back in the day...

It's pretty good for me, it's dirt cheap aswell so if you dont think much of it it's no big loss

That's not why you take creatine

OP: Take creatine. Also take fish oil and a multivitamin if you aren't.

I heard it shuts down your natural creatine production which sort of spooks me but that's it

10% of people do not respond to creatine at all. You might be one of them. Its not a bad thing, its just that your body thinks it does not need it.

Does this also apply towards preworkouts thay contain about 3 grams of creatine or just the creatine supplement it self?

No, it does not shut down you natural production. Creatine is extracted, just like most protein powders, so its a natural source. The only way something will shut you down is if it is artificial like steroids.

I have no idea
I don't know if it actually shuts down your natural production but it's the only bad thing I've heard about it that at least sounds reasonable

I wouldnt count the creatine in and pwo
examine.com/nutrition/does-caffeine-counteract-creatine/

Why do you take it then. Don't just say something and not back it up.

I started on it two weeks ago, notable change. I did read after the fact that it can cause hair loss, any truth to that?

I your family has a past of hair loss, then yes, you are at risk for hair loss. If your family has no record of baldness then there is no reason to fear.

Creatine only exaggerates hair loss if you're genetically predisposed to hair loss.

there are lots of good studies on the benefits, expect a ~2% increase in power which is really nice because your Volume gets compound stimulous, and it's dirt cheap.

examine.com/supplements/creatine/

Don't do that "pre load with creatine by having three scoops a day for a week" thing or else you'll get agonizing hives.

steroids don't shut you down because they're artificial you absolute retard spouting misinformation like you're an authority.

Creatine is used in the ATP to ADP cycle. Supplementing creatine increases the muscle creatine content. I learned about this in a biochemistry course in high school and haven't touched chemistry since so I'm fuzzy on anymore specifics

>obviously it's much more beneficial to get whey protein
This is bait, but creatine is useful for both protein and protein sparing diets, yes.

>brought some online last week
>mom is balding
Fuck, any way to combat this or should I just stay away

When I stalled on bench I loaded creatine for a week and was able to bench the weight I stalled on and complete my sets. I don't know if the creatine was responsible for it or just newbie gains. It was only 70kg but I stalled on it for a couple of weeks.

>if you're genetically predisposed to hair loss.

You can talk to your doctor to get put on fina if you are worried about it.

The reason creatine exaggerates hair loss is it blows up your DHT levels by like 50% (which is the hormone that causes hair-loss if you are unfortunate enough to have the genes).

Creatine gives you a very clear and quantifiable boost to both power and gains, so it's certainly possible that it helped.

First time I took creatine I instantly went up on dumbbell bench by a few kg

It's why I kept taking it