Hurr I can lift x amount of weight I'm pretty strong

>hurr I can lift x amount of weight I'm pretty strong
No one gives a shit until the day you help someone move to a new house. Or the day you need to bust down a door to save someone in a fire. Or the day you need to sprint up a hill in full combat gear to take a position. Or the day you climb the side of a building in order to escape zombies.

Where's the fun in lifting a weight and putting it back down? Why not get a rock climbing gym to get the #1 essential strength, grip strength, in combination with upper body functional strength? Why not do uphill sprints and go for jogs on hiking trails? Why not buy sheets of drywall to train impact resistance?

Why are you so lame, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cm91hh9SqXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because all of those methods are super impractical compared to just going to the gym, you fucking faggot.

Some of us have actual jobs and don't have time to do hipster shit like rock-climbing or jog on fucking hiking trails. Why would I do that when there's a big-ass gym literally 5 minutes away from my job?

>actual job
>doesn't have time for a 30 minute road run
Sucking dicks all day with no breaks in between isn't an actual job you know. And how the fuck is rock climbing hipster lmao, 95% of emergency situations is purely moving yourself around the space either by running or climbing, that remaining 5% is the stuff you train in the gym. Are you saying you only train for aesthetics? Please tell me you're not saying that.

>Why not get a rock climbing gym
None near me
>Why not do uphill sprints and go for jogs on hiking trails?
But I do

Those were just examples. You could also learn to fight, or run a marathon, or be a volunteer firefighter (you could be pretty useful if you're already pretty strong with that), or build structures out of rocks and logs out innawoods. Plenty of ways to make your training exciting, and useful.

>No one gives a shit

I give a shit, I'm the most important person in my life.

>Where's the fun in lifting a weight and putting it back down?
I might not be the stereotypical meathead because I do rock climbing and hiking and /out/ist stuff quite frequently, but I have fun lifting for the same reason I have fun rock climbing and to a lesser extent, hiking.

>that shit reading comprehension

I said it's more practical to just go to the gym, which is right next to my office, you illiterate millenial faggot. Where the fuck am I supposed to go rock-climbing in the middle of the city, you dumb fuck?

Also, rock climbing gives you 0(ZERO) leg strength.

>Also, rock climbing gives you 0(ZERO) leg strength.

not OP, who is a fag, but that is objectively incorrect. rock climbing is, at worst, half legs.

But I do rock climb. I just flashed my first 12.d last week.

its fun

kys

Not trying to hate on rock climbing but every male I have seen doing it is a dyel fag. And by dyel fag I mean an awkward dyel fag, not the cool hipster kinda dyel fag.

And also:

>I train strongman, run intervals and do calisthetics

Im pretty hardcore.

uhh
>Some of us have actual jobs and don't have time to do hipster shit

Did you forget you typed that part out or...?
And no memes here, but do you really need strong legs in 99% of situations?
>I'll answer for you: no, you don't. Yesterday on my parent's ranch I was helping them clear out a pile of trees and logs and branches and shit. I used my legs like the leg press to shift a log out from the pile. That is the only situation I can think of where using your legs is necessary for a lift. Even moving a couch doesn't need that much leg action

>spending time outdoors is now the realm of hipsters and millenniums

I cannot even begin to explain how wrong this is from all angles.

soulja boy tossing around big girl plates makin em go clank

OP, Veeky Forums is full of dysfunctionals and weirdos and losers who can't make it in the normal world and think that 'getting swole' in the gym is going to fix all their problems, get them a girlfriend, and otherwise fix all their problems.

Of course they're completely wrong. It will do NONE of those things.

What it does do is keep them out of circulation so the rest of us don't have to bother with them and their weird, dysfunctional shit.

The few exceptions are actual athletes who go to the gym as part of their required training for their sport of choice. They'll have normal lives.

The rest won't. They'll eventually kill themselves out of loneliness and failure. And nothing of value will be lost.

grandma: can you help moving? But let others lift the heavy stuff ok?

thank-you!

>lol only faggits do anything except work, work out, take sips and play CoD

I feel your pain, friend.

and it's not so much that I myself am affected, I do not personally care what the opinion, mainstream, majority, fringe or otherwise is of my actions, but I am saddened because I feel many young people will do or not do something because of societal norms.

you do not need ot be a hipster to appreciate nature, the outdoors, rock climb, hike, etc etc. neither must one be a meathead to appreciate strength sports, handegg, divegrass or lifting.

at this point I considered posting a picture of someone like teddy roosevelt, jon krakauer or some other great outdoorsmen, but those people have sadly been co opted by ridiculous MRA or "real manly men" type folk that are entirely cringeworthy and should stay in their bedrooms browsing /r9k/ and they contribute a nasty aftertaste to such people. like, I like teddy because he was what I think a real HUMAN should be, not because he was a manly outdoors guy or whatever the guy people say, he was a HUMAN and going outdoors and being one with nature and hunting and all that shit is HUMAN nature and desire

at this point I've realized I'm rambling and getting none of my point across, which is part because I am drunk and part because my feelings on such issues are more like color tones of emotions that might be conveyed better through painting, music or something abstract, they are not linguistic feels.

it's an abstract feel

so I'll just post varg and say "go outside."

it's so weird to catch a sincere response on fit that I have the flight or fight shitI'mbeingtrolled reflex

If it means I get more hayley, please keep arguing.

I can see why hiking is seen as something for yuppies, you can go crazy on the gear. orrr just do it in your normal clothes, take a couple of blankets and a waterproof coat, and a lighter. it's only as expensive as you make it

likewise with climbing. buy bouldering shoes for

Because barbell movements are far more effective at training any kind of strength

Rock climbing? I give you OHP and pullups.

Sprinters lift to improve their speed, blow it out your ass.

Grip strength? Rack pulls and farmers walks

>drunk posting at 9pm on a monday
>sincere

nah, I jest.

desu Veeky Forums used to be quite sincere, I think we're almost out of the dark post-irony era that we've been shitting through the last few years...

>tfwno hipster gf

>

>OHP for rock climbing
Maybe if you're flipping yourself upside down mid climb to reach your foot up or whatever the shit that black guy did. Also I'm not talking speed when it comes to sprinting uphill, it's all about stamina. And you can get grip strength from rock climbing, which solves the pullups issue too, and isn't a static single-direction lift like a pullup is, it trains muscles more equally and for control.

Those lifts are poor replacements for the rock climb or hill sprints. But my OP is all about training for a real life scenario rather than making your muscles bigger, and having fun with your workouts

How about lifting big fuck off rocks on a beach renowned for fossil hunting?

I lift the rocks that others cant, and I find the best fossils that the fuccboi little 8 year olds with mummy and weakfuck daddy cant find
fuck you

That sounds super low energy but I like where your head's at.

Congrats senpai.

All moves in climbing should be static moves. Dynos are fun, but unless the dyno is legitimately built into the route, if you can static the route you can't do the route. I'll give it to you that the moves are more than single-direction, though. High-level sport climbing is one of the most skillful sports there is, imo (but I climb, so I'm probably biased).

Thanks, user kun.

If you *can't* static the route, you can't do the route.

who gives a shit about being able to climb walls with organized handholds and footholds? how spectacularly impractical

meanwhile, i bend down and pick something heavy up everytime i get my groceries

i also use my powerful glutes and hamstrings to fuck your oneitis, i can send you the video for your collection, cucklord

I just helped someone move to a new house.
Guess what?
I was by far the strongest guy there, moving the most things, being able to carry the heaviest shit.

Yes, i sweat like an animal during it and yes, I get out of breath - but lifting heavy makes you so used to that and provides you with such a heavy work load that you can just power through it.

>who cares about climbing
>im good at standing up
t. fatass

>flipping yourself upside down mid climb to reach your foot up or whatever the shit that black guy did
What is this? Is there a video?

can I start rockclimbing as a strongfat?

I'm 90kg and 181cm, can do 8 pullups with decent form and have hit 1/2/3/4 5rms

>picks up wooden chair
>Yes, i sweat like an animal during it and yes, I get out of breath - but lifting heavy makes you so used to that and provides you with such a heavy work load that you can just power through it.
40 seconds in
youtube.com/watch?v=Cm91hh9SqXs
Yeah it's not that hard at a gym

You can start rock climbing whenever you want. It's mostly core strength, flexibility, leg strength, and balance, in that order anyways.

>i dont think its fun
>therefore, no one else thinks its this fun

rock climbing gym? why not just go climb some rocks outside?

Firefighting requires almost no strength, I would know. Also, building structures and disrupting natural habitats in the woods is for emotionally immature losers.
You do realize lifting weights is a far more efficient way to build STRENGTH than any of the methods you've listed so far? You can do all those things in a gym far easier. Your argument boils down to "HURR DURR DO SOMETHING FUN" but the issue is that people enjoy lifting weights brah. Also, a lot of people wouldn't or shouldn't do what you've suggested for a multitude of reasons. You should think a little more before you post a thread like this and delete a thread on page 15.

you need a lot more equipment, it's expensive, you pretty much need to have someone with you, locations are sparse, etc...

Do you think a wooden chair is suddendly becoming heavy to me because I don't train a lot of cardio?
What kind of logic is that.

I was objectively twice as productive as any other guy around there, that's it.

DYEL?

>not allowed to enjoy weightlifting for the sake of weightlifting
:ok_hand:

he climbs better than a monkey

ok thanks for the tip

was just fucking with you lmao

OH COME ON

quit being weenies
byeee

Also, having just been invited to join my local fire and rescue service I'm pretty confident my solid strength levels combined with decent cardio have given me an edge over the other applicants

>Why not get a rock climbing gym to get the #1 essential strength, grip strength, in combination with upper body functional strength?
because I did that for 4 years and:
>climbing without cross-training either bodyweight or light weightlifting will give you grip strength, core strength, and fuck all else
you will not be able to "help someone move to a new house" as you say nearly as well as someone who simply deadlifts
>climbing is shite for the goal of most vain bb'ers on Veeky Forums: aesthetics.
the popeye forearm look isn't great, and you'll never want to weigh more than like 70 kg unless you're bouldering
>rock climbing is, at worst, half legs.
bullshit, you need leg strength roughly equivalent to that required to walk up a ladder unless you spend all day doing dynos or something, legs are for balance
mirin, don't think I ever flashed a 12.d but I sent one or two after weeks of grinding, that is well impressive user

1 bouldering
2 bouldering
3 bouldering
4 bouldering

so is the hayley poster back or what?

I work in construction. Every day I feel my gains benifit me on a professional level.

Suck a dick faggot.

>construction
>professional
>benifit

This is the kind of shit lazy DYELs tell themselves when they're too pathetic and lazy to actually go to the gym. Instead they mock it with statements like
>oh it's bad for your joints
>it only builds fake strength
>it's not even functional in the real world
>my buddy told me it increases blood pressure
>I don't even want big muscles
>actually strong people don't even go the gym
>like rock climbers don't lift and they're pretty jacked
>lifting makes you slow and unexplosive

6/10 bait I guess, you made me respond

It's called a contractor. Are the majority make more then you ever will.

Now get back to the gym so you can look pretty for the boys you lust for.

Is this real?

yeah her nudes have been out for years now.

i think theres also one with cum on chest or something.

>contractor
Lmao you pencil pusher. You don't even work with your hands. You wouldnt know what hard work is

Bouldering is a lot less fun than sport or top roping.

It was a great experience. Most of the holds were babyheads, though, which I'm passable at. If they were crimps I probably couldn't have flashed. Crymptonite, man. Get's me every time.

I can do high feet, overhangs, underclings, dynos, arete, bat hang, walkthroughs, hooks, you fucking name it. But crimps. Fuck crimps.

there are people here who could deadlift the combined weight of your immediate family. piss off lmao