What cheers you up when nothing is going right for you, especially after you dedicated 1+ years to lifting?

What cheers you up when nothing is going right for you, especially after you dedicated 1+ years to lifting?

For me its the fact im not balding

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xS-njDtTLls
youtube.com/watch?v=FP85lz8w7cY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yr9u9pniCDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've got big legs.

Shame about the chest gap and the acne and the short bicep insertions though. But I have never met someone with bigger legs.

Brushing the horses. They groom you back.

Nothing.
But somehow I keep going.

Books. Something like Moby Dick, or even Aurelius' Meditations.
Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums is a better combination than you might expect. God-tier for motivation and discipline in your life.

I like listening to music. Just sitting down and listening to it.

What type of music is your favorite user? Give us some recs and tell us why you picked them

I've gained 20 noticeable pounds of muscle in noob gains and I have naturally large calves almost similar in size to my quads. Trying to fit maybe two days of quad training in to counter balance

I may abhor your taste in reading, but I will never suggest that you are anything less than a god for maintaining those two as your primary outlets.

Not him but I love listening to the other half of nujabes' modal soul album when I just need to chill out, all of the album is good but the second half just makes you feel relaxed, content, but melancholy at the same time.

And by second half I mean world's end rhapsody and everything after it

My favorite tracks from it are world's end rhapsody and sea of cloud.

Arggh why are they all wrong way out?

Because it's mystery

It's a joke, look at the top of the image

desu boxing is all I have.

shit job, no friends, don't drink. Boxing worked when antidepressants didn't. Not sure what I'd do without it

how does one into boxing.

You have horrendous taste.

I like to listen to audiobooks while running. You do marathons without even noticing

buy wraps, buy some cheap 10 oz bag gloves, buy skipping rope, find local boxing gym

highly recommend the everlast 180 inch wraps. they are soft and comfy

>go to boxing gym because you're tired of being a little bitch
>hit bags
>realise you look pathetic
>ask a coach to help you not make a fool of yourself
>autistically train for months/years
>become a world champion struggling to deal with your lack of social skills and crippling depression

t. Mike Tyson

>>autistically train for months/years
how do I do this while also the full time job

Meditations is not high-tier literature, just something simple to take my mind off things. I'll admit that.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Melville though, MD is fucking great.
Those aren't my favorite books, just books to answer op's question about cheering yourself up.

and school

Install a 4ft heavy bag/ teardrop bag at home.
Buy attachable pull up bar
Simply learn how to punch first, then do a few sparring matches. With some experience, you will then be able to shadow box without looking and feeling retarded.
Spend every night skipping rope, doing planks, pushups, pull ups and at least 20 minutes of running. Do not focus on gains, you want efficient muscles.

and have GUTS

what should i read/watch to learn how to box without a coach

You don't want to box.

Mfw no casca qt.

I know that feel, bro

t. Griffith

Feather is the greatest song ever made

I know it's sort of a dumb thing to be proud of, but I'm proud I'm not roiding. I know I could be making faster gains if I went on tren, but I've seen the older guys at the gym and how they look a few decades after roids.

I'm proud that I can lift bigger than the roiders even though I'm clean.

Dude people hating on your taste in lit are just insecure. I study and teach lit for a living and there is nothing embarrassing about Melville. The only people I've met who openly disliked Moby Dick either hadn't read it or had wholly adopted contrarianism as a mode of thinking.

The Meditations are a great way to relax and get into someone else's mind, too. "High tier" lit is a pretty made up distinction -- love what moves you emotionally, intellectually, or physically

Veeky Forums Veeky Forums is the best board combo for an actually fulfilling life

I usually try new things or do things I usually set aside

I got married a year ago to a smart qt with a rich family

yeah me too, i'm kind of happy with myself for not taking the easier, faster route because that's what i always do in life. no offense to roiders or anything, i'm just personally glad i've resisted the temptation.

I'm multi-orgasmic. If nothing else, my penis can take away my pain.

I listen to audiobooks while I lift. I recommend What is Property? by Proudhon, The Republic by Plato, and The Will to Power by Nietzsche.

what the fuck
why would you listen to Plato or Nietzsche while you lift

this is a new level of pretension

bragging about multitasking is taking pride in doing two things suboptimally rather than one well

The greek philosophers used to have studies and sessions in wrestling/bath houses. Many thinkers of antiquity thought a well-red olympian was a god-tier human specimen. A strong mind AND body is the best combination, although I struggle with being a lazy shit who reads history all day and actually getting of my ass for a run.

>moby dick
>abhor your taste
>horrendous taste
whew lads

rigght?? the edgeee

Modeling. Still an amateur but it's funkcji.

one of the first things you should pick up from reading often is that different communities have different vocabularies. Speak the same way across all communities and come off sounding fucking idiotic.

why am I not surprised that the two people hating on Moby Dick sound like morons

Eventually everybody who wronged me will die.

As will you.

In some cases before they do.

HELL FUCKING YEAH!
fuckin' saved... bout to go work out now.

>I listen to YA
>Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums combo
kys

It's fucking hard, because nothing ever seems to go right for me. But I guess it's my well defined body as a whole. People always comment on how big my muscles are. It's pretty conceited, I know, but sometimes I feel like the only thing I have is lifting.

*fun, fucking auto correct.

I usually discover most music by tv shows and most recently I watched Californication and fell in love with the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=xS-njDtTLls
youtube.com/watch?v=FP85lz8w7cY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yr9u9pniCDE

do you listen or read either of them at all?

What I've accomplished in my job & field.

The creative things I've done, which I thought would never be a part of my life as I got older, but have.

The charity work I started doing a couple of years back. Both animal rescue & guardian ad litem for abused children. There's a feeling of God's in His Heaven when you stare at an abuser and the kid sees true fear in their eyes.

My first daughter (another kid coming soon). She will inherit was is carved out of blood and will from a world that grows more evil by the day.

rich piana.

I don't listen to any books and despise ya
What the fuck are you on about

>things that never happened

Good job on meditations, you can literally just flip it open and read a few paragraphs a day, and it's the best advice you'll get.
I just read " Proust was a Neuroscientist" and enjoyed it, but I tend to read a book a week mixed in with working on learning how to pen figures in motion and doing rough sketches. Also my gains cheer me up, because they are always there for me.

Nietzsche is what got me interested in lit in the first place in high school, and the Republic was the first book I was assigned as an undergrad. I did phil for two years in uni before switching to computer science.

It just doesn't make any sense to list those two as examples together. Nietzsche hated Platonic thought. He blamed Plato for the fall of western civilization. Maybe you could have picked up on that if you weren't listening to their audiobooks while lifting.

fuck man I think I'm just triggered because everyone talks about N and P to say how smart and philosophical they are. Good for you for making an effort in the first place, at least.

Get Pluto's Apology and Nietzche's Genealogy of Morals instead tho. Better places to start and more indicative of each's project as a philosopher

My man.

cool, thanks for the suggestions

Music, my height (6'4), comedy

feels good when I pet the wabbits

>reading fiction

>books are fedora now

Doesn't really answer your question, but when I was sad I used to think about killing people a lot and how I'd do it. I haven't had those thoughts in like 4 or 5 months now, it's nice.

hm. im quite content, happier then ive ever been really, and do that. yikes.