Deadlift progress

I just did 1x5 LMAO2PL8 deadlifts

how the fuck is this possible? I could barely do half the weight 1 month ago.

Is it all downhill from here or will I continue progressing? How long until 3 plates?

share your deadlift progress with us user

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm on stronglifts so my deadlift goes up 15lbs every 2 weeks. Just hit 2 pl8 too so with these steady gains I'll hit 3pl8 in 12 weeks

isn't it crazy to lift this weight off the floor? It's unreal for me when I loaded 2 plates, and the weight just kept going up like it's nothing, and not once, but 5 times. I don't know but lifting is seriously making me confident as fuck.

the heavier the deadlift, the longer it takes your body to recover from it. i was stuck at 4pl8 for a month trying to pull them twice a week and then said fuck it and only focused on squats. a month later i tried them again and got up to 4.5 with relative ease.

if you do them often, don't do them above 90% of your 1RM.

I love the idea of deadlifting and squatting but have learned to hate them because of lower back tightness/soreness/pain.

2 plate squat and doing 2 plate for deadlift, although I could probably do more.

I'm pretty sure I have severe APT but I just can't fucking fix it. 8 years of sitting at my computer for 12 hours every single day has really messed me up. My lower back tightness never seems to heal anymore, it just persists. It's not really a pain it's just an intense tightness immediately after DLing or squatting and then it fades to a slight tightness for the rest of the day and the rest day.

I'm foam rolling, doing all sorts of retarded stretches, I just can't get it to go away. I'm afraid to deadlift because every time I do I feel like about to snap my lower back in half.

Anyone have any experience with fixing lower back tightness? Like I said I think I have ATP but whatever postural imbalance I have makes it feel like every single exercise I do involving the lower back solely uses my lower back to move the weight. Squats are the same deal but they don't agitate it quite as badly.

i had the same problem and here is how i fixed it. ball glute roll helped me the most and i found it by accident when doing limber 11 youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc

apart from that i do back extensions and ab wheel/hanging leg raises every workout and i hadn't had lower back discomfort since.

for APT you can check athleanX video and do lots of paused goblet squats with engaged muscles. pause at the bottom and breathe in and out and stay tight.

Do not roll your lower back dude. You don't want that shit loose. Get a massage from a professional and let it rest for a week of you need to, so no pulls. Your shit is weak and you are overdoing it. Hammering a broken thing won't fix it. You need it to recover fully and then you can go back to work working it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try limber11 and some of the exercises you mentioned and take a break from pulling for awhile.

we cannot tell, how long it will take you to do 3 plates. just keep up the hard work. also, don't forget about variations, like beltless/pause/deficit/stiff leg deadlifts. I'm not a beginner anymore, and these proved to be really useful for me.
I did 485 lb x 5 deficit deadlifts (about 5 inches) this week.

I used to have this problem and got it away by foam rolling and stretches (only AFTER the workouts). If you tried all of this for a decent amount of time and it didn't help, I would not continue to do deadlifts.

>Do not roll your lower back dude. You don't want that shit loose
rolling in the evenings together with stretches helped me a lot. Of course, I'd never do it before squatting/deadlifting or any workout.

Are you dutch?

about 1 month ago i hit 160kg for a shaky 1rm and yesterday i hit 150kg for a clean 4. I'm hoping to reach a 1rm of 200kg before my birthday in august

Ayy I miss them noobgain feels. Keep at it OP.
Stuck at 4pl8 atm, but with St. Wendlers help gonna lift more.

How the fuck can people even do deadlifts?

I barely manage 1x5 1pl8 with shitty form, but it breaks completely when I throw in extra 5kg. Not to mention deadlift form itself is such a bitch to get right. I could probably 2pl8 quickly if I switched to only using my lower back to get the weight up, but don't want to visit snap city yet.

Progress gets harder, but you can get pretty damn strong naturally if you eat and train properly.

I'm getting close to a 600lb deadlift at under 200lbs BW.

I started finding it really hard to progress after about 4.5pl8

I started deadlifts at 120kg back in october, last friday got 162.5kg x5 tho the last rep was a real grind. Hopeing to get to lmao4plate by end of april

breh what volume would you recommend?

Right now I'm doing 3x3 once a week for diddlies and I plateued last week at 3.25pl8

Personally, I generally do a different rep x set every week.

I rotate through working sets of:
1x10
2x5
3x3
3x1
Then sometimes for a bit of ego stroke I'll go all out for a new PR single.

I also do 3x5 deficit deads every week as assistance.

sorry, in reply to

you're probably shrugging your shoulders whereas you want to do the exact opposite, you want to force your shoulders down to engage your lats. Practice on a low weight where you can get form absolutely perfect and watch rippetoe's tutorial on how to do it.

thanks my dude

To be very honest a beginning lifter could do 2pl8 if he really pushed himself. It's also about getting used to the form and movement of the DL. I can assure you that your progress to 3 won't be as fast as it was towards 2.

But then again I'm shit at deadlifting so I could be entirely wrong.

I'm almost at 2pl8 for 3x5, been lifting almost a month and started at 1plate for 5. My squat is SLOWLY improving but my deadlift seems to go up even more every week.

The thing that gets me though is my damn shins, I'm getting bruised up every time I DL and it's really becoming painful to lift. Apparently my form is good. Should I just find heavy socks? The only thing is the weather is still pretty hot so it will be kinda uncomfortable.

This

I pulled some muscle or nerve once during diddly, tried rollingit up after workout and i literally couldnt stand up
Pain was
d fucking paralyzing

Yeah i did 2plates first week doing ss, but im 6'2, quite thick.

Right now my best single is 160kg x1 after 4 months

I hit 2pl8 a couple months ago. Was approaching 3 but lost a lot of strength in a cut.

These posts are strange. You haven't even lifted for a month, and still you can say that you see improvements where some are slow and some are fast? I didn't even know my maxes after a month on a beginners program.