Cutting General

>mfw I woke up and felt hungry but I powered through and didn't eat
>mfw I'm still alive

It's crazy how when you feel hungry you feel like you're gonna die if you don't eat or something, But then if you just wait it out, it turns out you don't actually die

The food seeking part of the brain sure is stupid. Powerful but stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

yohimbine.emgsites.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw been cutting for around three weeks
>first two weeks went by fine, never really felt that hungry ever. had tons of energy
>suddenly start feeling like complete shit third week
>literally feel like im going to die and that i need to throw up constantly

is this normal Veeky Forums? I couldn't fall asleep last night because the pain was so severe

Sounds like you're either sick or cutting too harshly.

im doing a 1000 cal deficit right now. Is that harsh? I feel like it shouldn't be since I felt completely fine and never hungry the first two weeks

>mfw neck injury
>mfw feel too nauseas to eat
>mfw cutting anyway

Are you drinking enough water? I'm currently drinking at least 2 gallons a day and you should be too

>aiming for 1.5lbs a week loss
>day 1 and feel hungry all the time
I don't remember it being THIS hard last time

Oh well 11 weeks and 6 days to go

Is 1500kcal/day too low for someone who has been lifting for almost 9 months? Some times I feel like I'm gonna lose my muscle because I'll drop 2 lbs but feel like it wasn't entirely fat.

Anyone else get light headed when standing up?

>be chilling on couch watching netflix
>episode ends
>get up to go do pull up reps
>light headed, almost black out if I didn't lean against wall/hold myself up
>have to wait for a bit
>jump around, loosen up
>can do pull ups

it happens almost every time I get up.

You're standing up too quick. Stop sitting so much.

How do you watch TV if you don't sit?

Don't watch tv.

>been lifting for almost 9 months
Who cares makes no difference to losing weight, you didn't even post your stats. You should read the sticky

you might have low blood pressure because you aren't eating enough salt

Someone's fucking triggered.

I eat plenty of salt.

Semen has a low salt content.

Not mine. So it's like a double dose.

First day is hard because of the novelty, then you get real hungry a few days in because you are starving, then you get used to it.

Anyone has an experience with keto and/or IF?

Yes

I used to do IF, stopped because I lift in the morning and then work in the evening. It's a good way to manage cravings and onto continue strongly on a cut. It is not going to make weight come off easier, but it will make it easier to maintain yourself and not slip on diet.

This. Try watching celery and water instead.

I have reall shitty self-control WHEN I start eating so I guess abstaining from food for hours would help me keep my calories in check. I'll try it, thanks user.

I don't know if it's because of what I'm eating, but I'm:

>6'3"
>208 pounds
>Eating 2030kcal/day
>Exercising 5 times a week (PPL, plus cardio)

And I'm not really feeling hungry at all. I definitely get some late afternoon pangs, but it's hardly been very onerous so far.

My weight loss is going well, but am I not cutting hard enough or something?

>Cutting
>Deadlift is holding steady
>Squat is holding steady
>OHP lost a couple of reps on later sets but can still do the same weight
>Lost 7.5kg on my bench

What is this? Why is everything holding steady but my bench has gone off a cliff?

kek

>bulk of destiny
>180 to 230 in close to a year
>got strong as fuck but was fat as fuck
>size 36 stretch jeans started getting tight
>been cutting since fucking may
>currently 193

we all gonna make it brehs. don't let your dreams be dreams boyos.

Breast cancer probably

Who else /IF + KETO/ here?

not really doing IF, but Timed Feeding Window and Keto.

IF + keto is nice because if you don't eat for that period of time, 1500-2000 calories of keto food will fill you up like a motherfucker. I'm currently doing a (rough) 18/6 fast/eat window and I usually just fill those 6 hours with a couple of big meals. One when I get home after the gym in the evening and then another before I start my bedtime/sleep routine

Next week I'm gonna hop on yohimbine too

Also cycling for my main form of transportation since it's warmer out now and doing atleast 30 minutes of HIIT at the gym, along with heavy compounds and whatever isolation exercises I feel like doing.

I've never been this active in my life and I'm absolutely loving it. Feels so good to lay down to sleep at night totally exhausted from being so busy/productive all day

is this just memeing?
began cutting and even though i know for a fact that im eating less than i was before (not measured to an exact amount though), i never feel hunger that badly
am i not starving enough

Just because you are eating less doesn't mean you are cutting. You should track

Day 1 of Yohimbine for first time-
>Take 2x 2.5mg in the morning
>Realise I forgot to eat, eat 3 eggs and some cottage cheese so I have some protein circulating after gym
>Head to gym, do my thing
>Not hungry at all for 4 hours
>Hits dinner time, hunger comes back with a vengeance
>Eat over my TDEE in less than 4 hours

Day 2
>Don't get hungry til 1pm
>Take a couple yohimbine
>Realise I'm going low blood sugar so eat some oats and sugar to compensate
>Not hungry for a few hours
>Make the mistake of buying double cream that's reduced to basically free at the supermarket, and some heavily reduced pork chops
>Repeat previous days over consumption by eating pork chops and literally eating cream with a spoon

>Day 3
>Got mildly hungry 2 hours ago, take 2x 2.5mg yohimbine
>Coming up for dinner time and I'm not hungry at all

I think rest day is helping but I seem to finally have it nailed. Gonna take another 2 later if I get hungry again and see if I can last nearly 24 hours without food.

Any tips for yohimbine use?

Wait, are you eating soon after taking yohimbine? You're supposed to wait 4 hours after taking it before you eat, man, since It works in the absence of insulin

*at least 4 hours

1000kcal is probably WAY too harsh.
I think typical consensus is 20% cut is optimal.

You will lose muscle while cutting, no way around it. Your goal is to minimise that loss. Also without knowing your TDEE there's no way to know if 1500kcal is too low, you're asking how long a piece of string is

Used to get this before I started lifting. For me it was 100% inactivity and not enough cardio. Lack of food obviously increases the effects.

I never knew it had a name until a few months ago but I've been inadvertently doing IF for most of my life because I don't eat breakfast and rarely eat lunch.

I suppose it benefits if you're not used to it but otherwise it's just a way of eating and no better or worse than any other. But regular meal times are HUGELY important and easier with IF, so keep that in mind.

If it's working and you're losing weight AND comfortable it's absolutely working.

Me too weirdly, Squat, Deadlift and OHP all fine but my Bench came down 5kg

I made that mistake on the first two days, yes, but since it works better during fasted state I'm trying not to.

>since It works in the absence of insulin
Sauce on this? If so I'd be getting nothing out of it, since I'm diabetic so I'm skeptical

yohimbine.emgsites.com/

This is the site that I used to figure everything out regarding yohimbine usage

I did some searching and couldn't find anything other than anecdote relating to insulin interactions

Seems to be near-complete nonsense and instead it's related to blood sugar levels (which you would obviously experience after eating, and in correlation with insulin release)

This makes a little sense because there may be some evidence showing a lowered blood sugar in type 2 diabetics with yohimbine use.

I'll keep looking though.

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong but nearly every source of info I've seen stresses that yohimbine works best in the absence of insulin. I consider(ed) it common knowledge among yohimbine users

how's this for a diet?

>breakfast
900 calories
45 carbs
50 proteins
70 fats

>rest of the day
1000 calories of beer

Looks good, keep us updated on your progress

That's usually just the way it goes. Bench is always influenced by your weight more than the squat or deads. Your best bet is to improve your technique if you want to maintain or possibly improve it. I've been on a cut for 5 weeks at around a 400 calorie deficit and have been doing undulating periodization to keep the volume up to get form down and still have intensity days to keep muscle. Everyone's different though

so far I'm down about 40 pounds in 5 months and I'm up from 2 pull ups to 8 max rep at 6'3 and 220 pounds

went from a 42 waist to 34-ish, kind of a squeeze in the 34, but I still need a belt for 36.

Yeah that's low blood pressure.
It's not as bad now that I've been doing cardio for a while, but before I would lose sight and hearing for a while

Happens to me sometimes. Had it particularly bad after a heavy set of deadlifts once and almost ran right into a cable fly machine. Glad I was the only one at the gym but I'm sure the security cams caught it.

Like all other probably detrimental things that happen when you're cutting I've convinced myself that it's just a sign that "it's working" so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been taking yohimbine for a month and have a fuck ton of tolerance to it now. I'm taking 60mg a day now. Am I making it stronger at fat burning or just wasting my yohimbine?

What's your body fat?

Probably 15%. I'm 201lbs and 6'0.

You're just wasting your yohimbine... 60 mg is what...40 tablets? Jesus

It's about a 24th of a teaspoon. I have powder.

Wait, there's some math here that I'm not getting...there's no way that 1/24th of a teaspoon of yohimbine is the same as 40 tablets/pills

>15%
>201 @ 6'
sure thing bud

Your pills probably have some filler in with the yohimbine, because 2.5mg is about the size of a speck.

That's what people on Veeky Forums told me. Want to give me a better estimate?

It's a waste to use yohimbine before you're at least 12-13% body fat anyway. It is meant to target stubborn fat. At 15% you are just fat. Run EC stack.

I would if ephedrine was legal in Washington.

huh, i will retract my statement.
I assume most people on here are talking out of their ass and e-stating.
looking good m8

lmao do you do anything except glamour muscle exercises cause it sure don't look it

4pl8 squat, 4pl8 deadlift, lmao2pl8 bench, lmao2pl8 clean, lmao3pl8 front squat

Any other non-glamour exercises?

>lmao2pl8 bench, lmao2pl8 clean, lmao3pl8 front squat
Exactly what I expected- your shoulders are abnormally large and your chest is non existent

If you were 4 pl8 deadlift you'd have visible abs and decent forearms so I'm highly skeptical

I know. I'm working on that chest with pushups and flyes now.

I don't think visible abs come from heavy deadlifts. Pretty sure that's from low body fat.

And yeah my forearms are baby tier.

I'm 1/2/3/3 pl8 and I have visible abs purely from squats or deadlifts, and I'm not particularly low bodyfat, so they absolutely do come from them

Either way, focus on chest and core and stop taking so much drugs or doing so many Arm workouts.

Were all going to make it

>go to CVS
>get slip for pic related
>take to pharmacist
>show license/sign name

EZ

why does cereal + milk have so many calories?

i really don't want to go to nonwhole milk.

Learn to eat less cereal.

A half cup of oats with a cup of whole milk is 300 calories.

but my usual bowl of cereal is 2 cups of cereal and 2 cups of milk, or at least that's how I estimate it in MFP.

Either stop eating that much cereal or start eating less of other stuff.

Grains are really calorie dense.

>6'3" 208lbs
>cutting

Any tips on savory, salty food that is low on calories? My new diet felt fine for about 2 weeks, but now I'm getting these crazy cravings for wings drowned in hot sauce and melted cheese. The problem isn't hunger, at all. I'm just thinking of fatty, salty food really often. Should I decrease cal. intake on 6 days and do a cheat day?

rice crackers
crispbread
any lean fish

>rice crackers
this is a great tip, thanks. going to see if I can find the cheese flavored ones

>celery
16 cal in 100g
You keep eating your celery and getting fat, I'm munching on some 0-calorie tin foil
>MMmmMMmmMmMMmM

replace cereal with crushed ice cubes
replace milk with 0 calorie water

if you want an extra treat, sometimes I sprinkle a packet of splenda on top

celery dipped in franks red hot tastes like wings, has a strong crunch, and is negligible calories.

>tfw wake up feeling fine and feel like I could keep this up forever
>tfw "power through" and feel lethargic and crave everything under the sun and on the edge of giving up cutting for the last hour or so before I eat my first meal

Can I ask a possibly stupid question?
I didn't want to start a thread for it;
Can we lose fat just by lifting weight and changing our diet?
also if we do cardio and lifting weight on the same day, wich one is the best to begin with?
Sorry for the autism, I'm a just a fat noob!

read the sticky
cardio/lifting order doesn't matter, do them in the order that lets you work the hardest

Lifting and changing your diet is the BEST way to do it. Muscle mass passively uses more energy, which helps you maintain loss long-term.

>this guy is probably like 16 fucking years old
>looks older and more masculine than you

JFMSUF

It's crazy how big of a difference in heat generation an extra 500kcal per day makes. I recently went from a 1000kcal deficit to a 500kcal one (eating 2500kcal per day now), and I feel 5 degrees warmer all day.

I'm fine with that, though. Shivering in 60f weather was getting old.

haven't drank a soda in like 6 months, look at bottle, 200 calories. It's good I only drink water goddamn it was tasty though, won't have more because I never shop at the gas station

ur fine please do core and chest also nice delts

Thanks user. I just started using an ab wheel and I'll start doing chest flyes.

2 gallons is fucking absurd desu