General Injury Thread

General Injury Thread
>Working out, doing some back.
>Wide grip pull-ups
>On 8th rep, elbow starts to hurt
>Stop and take a break before last seg
>4 reps into last set it hurts really badly.
>decide to stop and go easy the rest of the day. No pain the rest of the workout.
>Next week, doing chest/tri's
>Doing Tricep Push down and 5 reps into 2nd set, feel excruciating pain in my elbow, same as before.
>Havent worked out in a week, testing my elbow everyday for pain.
Whenever I extend my arm, flexing my Tricep at a certain angle, pain shoots up from my elbow. What's the reason for this, couldn't find anything online about why my elbow would hurt doing pull ups.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Preventing-Tendonitis-Tendinitis/dp/B01N1UMUP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

been squatting wrong ever since i started working out and now my right knee is hurting bad. Any tips on how i can practice my squat form at home so i do not fuck up my knee again when it recovers? I usually tend to fall backwards if i try doing a regular squat.

Try using something like a broomstick as a bar, and just practicing your movement. Make sure you know where your center is when you're squatting so you don't fall back or forward. Also try stretching your legs out, you may be falling because your hamstrings are too tight. When you get back to the gym it might be a good idea to use the Smith machine once or twice so you don't move around when squatting.

Visit a fucking doctor?

Didn't go when I dislocated my finger, not gonna go for this. I hate doctors, I'm also a poorfag. If it's something serious, I'll go, but I don't feel like this is really that serious.

Sorry, myfault, eurofag here and used to go to doctors for gym injuries cuz we don't have to pay so much for it. But take care tho don't underestimate injuries.

could be a couple things, I've tennis elbow, golf elbow and tricep tendinitis/tendinosis
if your pain is only/exacerbated by extending your arm/locking your elbow, then it's probably a tricep issue. I overcame it by doing eccentric rope pushdowns and eccentric overhead dumbbell extensions. Until you figure out what it is exactly, no one can really help you. Ofcourse always ICE and take time off, NSAIDs are give or take, I've never personally taken them and I managed to get over these "injuries"

>I've HAD tennis elbow.......

Same here. Except for me it is my left knee. Asked a physio, he told me to not do heavy paused atg Squats anymore. Also ordering some 7mm knee sleeves.
>whatever it takes

All good, I wish doctors don't cost so damn much otherwise I might see then more. I've been babying it, I'm just eager to start working out again. So boring laying around at home.
I'll start icing it more often, and I'll try eccentric exercises when I go back. Thanks! The only reason I didn't think it could be my Tricep was because it was more easily aggravated when I did pull ups as opposed to push downs.

>hip pain from squats
I have my suspicions that I need to stretch properly, and all maybe fix my form. I feel like I lose tension when I bottom out, need to fix this.
>Right shoulder pain from who knows what
Shoulder starting hurting like crazy when I woke up the other day. Chalked it up to dehydration from a night of drinking, hopefully I don't wreck my shit.

i think it'd be nice if we were able to ice the whole body after a workout, i think it would help alot.

You probably have apt if you have hip pain from squats. Fix your apt, and stretch your hip flexors

Do glute bridges and hip thrusts

I've got a small lump near my appendix that may be a hernia.
What are the odds of this being caused by lifting, provided my form is good through all my lifts?
My parents are telling me I'm using too much weight yet can manage sets just fine.

first of all,go to a doctor, I'm saying this as a medfag. secondly, does it move when you cough? a bit too far lateral to be a hernia. can you push it back in? does it pulsate? a bit of a description might give a clue as to what it MIGHT, I repeat MIGHT be.

It doesn't move when I cough and I can't push it, it just stays there as a slightly hard, barely noticable lump close to my appendix scar.

Might just be a lymph node.

guy has monocancer and you tell him "it's just a lymph node"

Well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Yeah I've stopped squatting for a while. Once my hips gets better I'll work those in then later on start squatting with low weight.

lowbar has helped me learn to keep my balance. for some reason I also always felt like falling backwards on a highbar squat. once I went lowbar I could balance it better with leaning forward a bit more. now I also have no problems going highbar anymore.

doesn't sound serious, but you don't wanna sleep on it too long, see a doc when you get the chance, cause it might be nothing and it might be something, can't tell.

Every time I do incline press, I feel like my right rotator cuff is gonna snap off. Even with just the bar, I feel an uncomfortable sort of pressure.

Anything immediate I should look out for? Pretty sure my form is good.

try a mobility test, there's a bunch of them on youtube

Pain in right hip/hamstring whenever i get in and out of cars or squat. Ive tried stretching it numerous times and this have been here for 2 weeks.

I had an impingement problem causing similar problems, and I fixed it by focusing on proper scapular retraction during pull ups (I used to let my left shoulder roll forward).

10-14 days do only legs ig you want to be safe do 3 weeks rest

If it *is* tennis elbow, consider getting a theraband for exercising it. I had tennis elbow flare up for the first time in my life last year and I just pushed through it. Fucked it up even worse and I had to take like 4 weeks off from the gym.

But I got one of these (I got blue) and started doing the exercises and was back to normal in those 4 weeks. Really works. I still use it a few times a week as a preventative measure.

amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Preventing-Tendonitis-Tendinitis/dp/B01N1UMUP4

Sorry to sound like a shill but when I find medical solutions that actually work I preach

I got red and idk if it helped or not because I did multiple things at once, but I sure as hell aint gonna stop now that im fine.

I'm seeing a doctor in a few weeks time, if it gets any worse I'll book an appointment for the same day.

How do you squat through knee pain/discomfort? I stretch all the time so not sure what it could be it feels like it needs to pop or something.

I can't balance in squat shoes and get pitched forward even with the bar, how to fix?

Is this thing purely for remediation or are there general benefits to using one?
I only ask because I used to play with a slinky while I was reading before it broke and maybe this would be a replacement with a benefit.

sounds like you ain't using your glutes correctly boy

well its remediation through strengthening, and there are a bunch of workouts in the booklet you could do, even wobble for shoulder strength. so i think its useful, but I only do the exercises for tennis elbow.

I think it's mainly remediation but I can't see how it would be negative in any manner as a preventative tool too. It exercises the same muscles, tendons, and ligaments that could become injured, so that must help with preventing injury too.

It's also good for just wrist exercises and forearm exercises. Not as good as wrist curls maybe but it's small, easy to use, and quiet so you can do it at home while watching TV.

How do I use them in a highbar squat?

Sounds like it's almost useful. I guess I'll get it because it'll be about as cheap as replacing my slinky lol.

I guess it could also double as a dildo. I guess the blue would be best.

I guess I say I guess too much.

kek

I've been having pain in my left shoulder, rotator cuff maybe? When I hold my elbow straight out and rotate my hand from hip to over my head with a 5lb weight, I get moderate discomfort.

I believe it is from doing dumbell presses. I switched my routine and started increasing weight really quickly and one day I couldn't finish a set because I had sharp pain when I rotated my shoulders out to start the press. I've been taking it easy and shoulder is mostly better but is there any form tips I should be thinking of to maybe prevent it happening again? Noob btw.

Thanks, I'll definitely try it! First real injury so far, so I'm hoping it'll pass quickly.

I've had a gimped right wrist for a long time, gives me pain when I do anything involving weight on it when it's flat, such as barbel curls. And it doesn't have the same range of motion my right wrist does. Just yesterday I picked up my girlfriend in a cradle position, and it really fucked up my wrist. Whenever I probate, or to a lesser degree, supinate my wrist it causes a lot of pain in location of pic related. If anyone's had the same problem before and has any advise, it's much appreciated!

Tendonitis and tennis elbow are a real bitch. Take them serious, in most cases they are not something that you can just power through. That shit just doesn't heal if you keep aggregating it in any way.

Take a week off, or make it a leg week. Don't test it for pain for a week, either, just leave it alone and move it as little as possible. I know this sucks, but if you try to power through, the likely outcome is that you'll end up unable to work out even longer.

Broke something? No problem, do whatever you can tolerate. Tendonitis? Don't fuck with it.

lower back in such pain that I cannot squat

>Did gymnastics for a few years
>Broke two lower back bones, bilateral pars defect
>out for a year and a half, swam and got swole at gym/home over that time
>came back better
Feels good /b/... feels good

>/b/

>partial tear of a tendon pulley in my finger from rock climbing
>can't deadlift more than about 150kg without it flaring up

i just want 4pl8

How do you do eccentric rope pushdowns?

tried some dips last wednesday or thursday without warming up cos im stupid. I injured my shoulder/clavicle, heard 3 loud pops and it felt bruised for a while.
Left it til today, it felt like it was getting better but then when i tried benching the pain came back. Should I go to a doctor or should I just leave it another week and see how it feels?

wear a feather cap while doing it

My hip or something gets sore from squats. I think I must have injured it with squats or deadlifts some time in the past few months. I don't have mobility problems, though, it's just sore.

Any advice, bros?

Try taking a warm bath and don't work out for a day. If the problem is slept off it's just a mild dumb pain. If not consult a doctor.

It's been happening for a number of weeks. Like if I stand and put pressure on my right leg after squats, there's a minor pain.

Yeah, I probably should see a doctor.

Dude have you tried NOT working out on your legs so much?

Every day is leg day.

Well, every gym day.

also, should i do shoulder mobility exercises? or would that run the risk of making it worse?

What does it mean if my shoulder gets sore during bench?

>Join military
>Literally 0 push-ups, lost 55lbs to make minimum standards to join
>Everything going good, obviously struggling with PT but I make the minimum on everything so far
>Final push-up test
>Tear something in my shoulder
>They ship me across the base to medhold with people I don't know in a dorm from the 40's
>Get discharged for depression

i should just kill myself now, I fucked up and now I get to live with this the rest of my life

The actual shoulder, like a join thing right? The same thing happened to me about 2 weeks before happened to me in basic. They never actually bothered to give me an MRI so I have no idea what it was, but it was likely a rotor cuff tear, you probably are going to get the same thing from putting too much sudden stress on it like I did. But hey, I'm no doctor

why not just get treatment for the depression and then try again? you can do it lad

My dude, you made so much progress in a short time, don't let something you can't help hold you back. Let your shoulder heal and go back into it with the same attitude, but a healthy shoulder and a healthier body and I'm sure it'll go a lot smoother.

Probably your problem then. Your tendons, ligaments, joints don't heal as fast as your muscles do, so you should give your legs a rest more often then you do.

Appreciate it guys, responded late so chances are you won't see this but since I was discharged for depression instead of the shoulder injury no branch will take me in, I could appeal to upgrade my DD214 and they might do it, wish me luck. We'll all make it

Just got out of my labrum surgery and in a sling for 4 weeks. Not wearing it to the Arnold Classic though fuck that

went too deep when doing ab wheel and something in my shoulder "popped". I can feel some pain when I exert force with that arm when it's extended. I can still work out without problem, I can ohp with very mild pain. It's been over a month and the pain hasn't gone away, but I never really let it heal and continued working out. I've rested for a week but it doesn't seem to have helped much, should I rest more or go see a doctor? It's more of an annoyance than anything but it's bugging me. Anybody had anything similar?