Daily reminder that there is no reason to squat and deadlift if you aren't a powerlifter

Daily reminder that there is no reason to squat and deadlift if you aren't a powerlifter

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BQJKMMdlVlB/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's nice, but what're you gonna do to stop me, faggot?

Your crippling injuries will be enough to stop you

instagram.com/p/BQJKMMdlVlB/

he's back at it again

Never been injur d before and 99% of squatters don't get injured either.

>Daily reminder that there is no reason to squat and deadlift if you aren't a powerlifter
Deadlift I can understand. But squat? No way man.

daily reminder op is a fag

Thats what you get for having shit form.

Dorian Yates

Snapped his hip up squatting

This, so fucking much.

Even Rippetoe acknowledges in various moments that lifting big weights will get you hurt sometime. Veeky Forums and r/fitness are fucking autistic boards when it comes to injuries. Might be that you only injury yourself 2~3 years, might in 20y, but it will. On top of that, 99% of beginners don't do any sort of medical exam to check his posture, spine deviation etc; and are recommended to do fucking strength programs, expecting to squat 2x his own body weight in 6months or so. It gets mad me how autistic this can be, but it's whats fucking happening on this board, it's whats recommended on sticky and so on. The real creme-de-la-creme is when ppl post that fucking chart pic related, comparing olympic athletes trained under serious coach supervision to aerobic sports that most people will do just for leisure as soccer and basketball. How fucking dumb one must be to think that is safer to squat +160kg 3x a week than to spend 1h running for a ball for leisure.

the only reason you aren't squatting is because you're a bitch

>forgot pic related

GOAT

Damn, that should be labeled in the sticky just like they label packs of cigarettes.

So as a fatty doing stronglifts for a few months, what are some better options for me?

>So as a fatty doing stronglifts for a few months, what are some better options for me?
Eating less

ignore these memes. keep doing full body at least 3x/week until you burn your noob gains then pick your path

>those bodybuilders
>lifting light
Lol, high reps=/=light weights

Benching 135 for 1 is not "lifting heavy"
Benching 315 for 10 is not "lifting light"

I'm not lifting as a main form of losing weight, I'm just trying to get a head start on strength while cutting calories.

Down 30lbs, just trying to keep my head down and do the right thing

Walking lunges are far superior imo

Do a proper diet. Do bodybuilding routine if you want to look good. Reddit PPL (6x/week); Eric Helms pic related or Candito LP strength/hypertrophy (both 4x/week); All Pro Beginner (3x/week). IMO, full body are not as effective bc you'll lack the energy to put 100% effort by half of training session.

that soccer stat is so true
got a 2nd degree tear in my hamstring two weeks ago, out for 8 weeks til RTP
fucking sucks that i can't do diddles

thanks looking up those routines now to see which one fits me best.

me

Stop spouting so many buzzwords and maybe someone will listen to your opinion, dude.

Sorry, got mad...

my literal goal is to lift 1/2/3/4
i don't plan on getting any higher than that

There really isn't much difference between the two in terms of upper body muscular development. Brosplitters almost never squat regularly or properly. A tiny minority will slightly compensate by doing other exercises like leg press with consistency. Brosplitting is inherently neglectful of the lower body. It neglects the only real chalenge in the weight room. Brosplitters are more likely to grunt and groan excessively during light isolation work. More likely to take up the entire cable machine wasting time with bullshit exercises like cable crossovers, chasing a chest pump that will be gone by the time they leave the gym, having no discernible effect on muscle mass. More likely to turn to synthetic hormones when they see the same underwhelming physique in the mirror as last year, despite focusing on more 'upper chest work'. More likely to make bogus claims about arm size based on a pump they had for ten seconds after super setting 20 rep dumbbell kick backs with cable curls as an arm 'finisher'. More likely to find 'better lighting' to delude themself into thinking they've actually made any progress. More likely to give entirely, because chasing that pump, feeling that contraction, isolating that lateral, outer, slow twitch component of some insignificant muscle group has got them no further than when they started our doing a handful of basic compound exercises all those years ago.
Meanwhile the power lifter continues to find satisfaction in getting stronger, even if only by a little. Continues to find satisfaction in being one of the biggest squatters in their gym, not necessarily because of innate strength or anywhere near competitive level lifts. But because all the bros splitters who profess to love strength and masculinity so much, completely shirked on the one exercise that provided any real challenge. The aged strength athlete may have only added a few pounds to their lifts in recent times, but the bro splitter just found some better lighting.

>lifting light

Zane could squat 405 for sets of 10 at a bw of 175 and Nubret had a max bench of 495 at a bw of 210.

They may not have lifted as heavy as powerlifters but they definitely did not "train light."

Exactly. Most successful bodybuilder go heavy with the compound movements.

If I'm not doing heavy compound lifts, how am I gonna increase my test levels as a natty?

This is important. Having goals will keep you in the gym long term. I couldn't be one of those people that does mostly isolation excercises everyday and walks out the door wondering if they achieved anything.

>he still does stiff leg deadlifts
OP....

Dude, soccer is actually one of the most injury prone sports. Just because only hue monkey referees die playing it doesn't change that.

>not deadlifting
enjoy hernias

>Lifting with shit form just so you can impress dyels and gym whores

They did it to themselves

>Good form will 100% protect you from injuries

What a faggot, holy shit.
I'm assuming none of this is from personal experience, just you wanking yourself off on /plg/.
There is literally NO reason you can't do 3x5 on the compounds while bro splitting.
People pretend you can't be decently strong and aesthetic at the same time.

Typical knee jerk moron, totally incapable of basic reading comprehension or understanding subtext.
If you're focusing on squatting properly and heavily (even if you're not deadlifting) then you're not a brosplitter, regardless of whether you use isolation exercises. People who squat or deadlift properly are almost invariably focussed on increasing their numbers ahead of isolating muscle groups for gains that probably never appear, and when they do are barely appreciable.
A brosplitter is typically someone who does five different exercises across 20 sets, but is still comparatively weak, with a physique as average as your typical natty strength focused lifter.

It will like 60% protect you.
The other 39% is stretching, good diet, sleep, and so on.
99% protect you from injuries, 1% for the freak accidents. Had a barbell snap in half while some guy was benching 3pl8 at my gym. He was completely fine but it could have ended in death or torn something easily.

> Had a barbell snap in half while some guy was benching 3pl8 at my gym

Holy fuck, what. How does that even happen?

It was insane. It's a warehouse gym and there were leaks (now fixed). Some the barbells rusted a little bit.
One looked completely fine aside from a little rust, but apparently had a lot of rust on the inside.

I'm not sure if you've seen videos, but barbells can take a LOT of weight and they usually just bend even with extreme amounts of pressure. This one just fucking snapped almost clean in the center. Luckily the guy dropped both sides at the same time and they fell cleanly/not on top of him.
The owner replaced all the barbells after that and got the roof repaired. I got a cheap as fuck barbell since he had ~16 of them to replace, was pretty neat.

>Rippetoe

He isn't an authority on anything other than training absolute beginners

daily reminder that there is no reason to do any lifting at all if you aren't a competing bodybuilder

Fucking checked, there is no stopping you.

Truth right here. I played soccer my entire childhood up until I was 19 years old. I had so many fucking injuries from that. I even fucked up my knee for life. My dad played professional soccer for 25 years, until he fucked up his knee in a match once. He has been dealing with a fucked up knee his entire life from playing soccer, even had multiple surgeries for it.

4 years of heavy lifting and the worst thing I ever had was a painful shoulder for a couple of weeks after benching too much. Other intensive sports are so much more injury prone than lifting

>Daily reminder that there is no reason to squat and deadlift heavy as fuck if you aren't a powerlifter
FTFY OP.

daily reminder its no reason to do bodybuilding because you'll achieve nothing natty and is most likely not to compete.

Squats and pulls for an oly faget like me is key for winning something atleast.

Got him there.

Are you saying that anyone who does compounds is a powerlifter?
Are you trying to put your personal definition on brosplitting?
Thats autistic.

>i don't plan on getting any higher than that
You will when you hit it.

>Implying the two are mutually exclusive

Why can't you just do a heavy powerlifting compound movement, followed by bodybuilding accessories? That's what I do.

Go to the gym, do some heavy benching, followed by accessory exercises for chest/triceps.

The next day I go in, heavy deadlifts and accessory back/bicep work.

The next day heavy squats followed by accessory leg work.

Then heavy OHP followed by accessory shoulder/tricep work.

There is literally no reason you have to be strictly powerlifting or strictly working for hyperthropy. Both are interchangeable.

Quads confirm, OP is a faggot

I don't get the difference really, powerlifters often essentially follow a bro split. One day will be heavy squats with like 10 ramping sets, then some lift isolations and that's all they do that day.

Dead lifts maybe but squats? It's called that ass son and that is a good damn reason

So not to have a well structured body?
Prevent or reduce damage of/from injuries?
Make working easier if it requires lifting?
Weight loss?
Testosterone boosting?
Core muscle building?
ect?

checked ...

can't say I'm not afraid of injury, especially with my odd body type(all limbs) and poor flexibility/balance

for squats I go moderate weight and just barely hit parallel. might try raised heel and see how it goes.

for deadlifts I lift heavy but use plate on ground to raise it up an inch or two.

it's nice to hear from people who've been doing this their whole lives that it's OK. im not trying to compete or be a powerlifter. I just want to be athletic & aesthetic.

gonna look into bb hack squats & front squats as well. back squats just ain't for me...

For a bodybuilder like the ones on the right. Doing an incline bench with 35-40kg is probably considered "light". How do you think they got to that point? Magic? No they had to progressively overload like everybody else in order to become strong.

Its not rocket science either. Combining strenght and hypertrophy is obviously the superior choice. Once you can lift heavy, the amount you can lift "light" for hypertrophy will be 10x more. If you start going to the gym as DYEL, and only lift light ass weights, you can go for 5 years and youll still be DYEL

Kek confirms you need to squat and deadlift or you are confirmed a dyel bitch

i'm shocked that rugby is so much higher than football, desu.

how OP doesn't kill himself after first post quads is beyond me

>Shocked

Helmets and padding vs no helmets and padding. lmao i wonder why.

That guy has an 810lbs Raw squat while most people here will never see half of that.

so you only plan on lifting for a year?
why even bother?

It's because american football would routinely have permanent life ending injuries from highschool all they way up to pros.
Shit was horribly brutal and saw people losing eyes teeth and fingers and getting partially crippled all of the time.
They spent a metric fuckton cleaning it up. Mainly because it is ridiculously profitable and beloved

Had
He HAD an 810 raw squat.
Now he'll be lucky to walk.

damn what a beast

i played both mang, the helmets and padding lead to much harder collisions and way worse form during contact. Only saw a few people really go to snap city in rugby, but i felt like people were constantly getting serious injuries in football. although maybe the injury frequency was higher for rugby, just less severe.

that makes sense, they do seem to focus quite a bit on injury prevention these days. plus, i have to think the calculation is skewed by the fact that rugby is 80 minutes of nearly non-stop play, while a game of football has a lot of more inactive time during it.

Yes, it is, but it's not the only sport on the chart. Also, the soccer rates there are based on (school age), which certainly has worse coaching and training than professional lv of the other sports show in the chart (national team lv).

This, American football is much more explosive than rugby. The plays last only a few seconds and can often end with two people sprinting directly at each other.

Do they counting floppers as injuries though?

Kek. I wouldn't doubt they do.

I squat and dead but never more than 2pl8, I don't care for strength

Jesus quads.

QUADS OF THE GODS!

fpbp. Maybe ahnuld will get injured anytime now right OP?

Doing Tri's on chest day is working against yourself, imo, unless done after all chest exercises. Triceps give out much earlier, rendering a freeweight press, let's say, not as effective if your tri's are raging - pecs won't get pumped.

holy shit that is terrifying. i'm impressed the guy was able to keep cool and successfully bail out.

>and not an aesthetic body was seen that day.

>being this dumb

well somebody has to be the king of snap city I guess

i've been having pretty decent gains using mostly compound lifts and most people compliment me on it.
in comparison, my bro-split friend hasn't made such significant gains and is still pretty dyel, even though he spends probably 3x more time working his arms than me.
find what works best for you and train hard, that's the best advice you should give, not hurr durr muh routine best routine.

>unless done after all chest exercises
Well, it is done after all chest exercises.

that made no sense

Holy cow. Nailed it.