What's the difference between DB Rows and BB Rows? Which one do you prefer and why?

What's the difference between DB Rows and BB Rows? Which one do you prefer and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like DB bc my arms are uneven as fuck and BB work always seems awkward for me

BBs are definitely harder for your forearms but DBs target your back better.

Just my thoughts though.

Also yes, I fucked with the DBs/BBs

DB rows also involve the obliques if you do heavy weight.
Used to do bb and pendlay rows for three years now and recently tried DB rows, I couldn't believe the DOMS I had in the obliques the day after.

I prefer DB over BB in pretty much every exercise that isn't squat or deadlift. Even with bench press, DB press feels way better than BB

Barbell unquestionably
m.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM

Not even up for comparison.

Db row is a minor accessory to help yojr bb row.
In the same sense dumbbell presses are accessories to help barbell presses

>T. DYEL

good vid,

is there a cue I can use to keep my elbows tucked?

Should I switch from DB to BB?The most I can do with Dumbbell is 60 lbs

I do both bc I'm not a faggot

Just no. DB rows can easily replace barbell rows. Whether DB rows are better, or worse than barbell is completely subjective. Having said that I like barbell more.

In the comments the only problem he has with dbs is he can't always get high enough weight.

Which coming from a guy who rows 405 for reps means a little less than it should

DB Rows work your BB more, BB Rows work your DB more

DB rows are better for isolation imo
Done both but got better results from DB

not him but dumbells are better for control, its the difference between squatting in the smith machine, and doing it free form

Barbells are pretty bad for rowing for targeting the back
DBs are better. As is seated cable rowing.

Don't let the SS brigade convince you that barbell automatically means the best variation.

Barbell rowing adds a number of limiting factors to the lift other than upper and mid back strength.

(not to say avoid barbell rows altogether, I'd just say prioritize other variants such as DB)

DBs is better just like DB bench press is better than BB bench press and everyone with a working brain will agree with this

imagine someone tickling your armpits and trying to make them stop

rotate your elbows inward

You should always do at least some variations between the exercises after some time otherwise the body gets sort of "used to it". Nothing complicated though, it's what you did, switching BB to DB or changing the angle on bench and so on. And you immediately feel the difference.

Yes.